Author Topic: Another player emerges from behind the Occupy curtain...  (Read 1054 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
Re: Another player emerges from behind the Occupy curtain...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 12:20:45 PM »
GB was talking about this over a week ago with the Working Families Party an ACORN affiliate.
Commie Ba$tards. ::rockets::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 12:21:01 PM »
...our old pal's ACORN!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/26/exclusive-acorn-playing-behind-scenes-role-in-occupy-movement/

...time to squeeze their nuts again!

They're still getting government money aren't they?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 01:20:48 PM »
They're still getting government money aren't they?

Looks like...

http://biggovernment.com/mvadum/2011/07/01/despite-congressional-ban-obamas-hud-is-still-funneling-tax-dollars-to-acorn/
http://biggovernment.com/tfitton/2011/07/15/obama-administration-still-bankrolling-acorn/
http://spectator.org/blog/2011/06/30/obama-gives-new-grant-to-acorn

And this from the comments section of one of the above links:

Matt on June 20, 2011 at 10:11 pm

The most important aspect of this entire story is that ACORN didn’t really go away. They split into their local organizations, and changed their names. In the end, they made themselves harder to track, and when one falls to voter fraud charges, and the like, they don’t drag the others down with them.

I must say that I have to agree with Matt's assessment.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 01:25:00 PM by BMG »
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 02:35:41 PM »
  Cutting those roaches off the government dole should take place in the first 100 days.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 02:38:38 PM »
  Cutting those roaches off the government dole should take place in the first 100 days five minutes.

FTFY.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role in 'Occupy' Movemnent
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 05:37:19 PM »
By Jana Winter

Published October 26, 2011

FoxNews.com

"The former New York office for ACORN, the disbanded community activist group, is playing a key role in the self-proclaimed “leaderless” Occupy Wall Street movement, organizing “guerrilla” protest events and hiring door-to-door canvassers to collect money under the banner of various causes while spending it on protest-related activities, sources tell FoxNews.com.

The former director of New York ACORN, Jon Kest, and his top aides are now busy working at protest events for New York Communities for Change (NYCC). That organization was created in late 2009 when some ACORN offices disbanded and reorganized under new names after undercover video exposes prompted Congress to cut off federal funds.

Former New York office for ACORN, the disbanded community activist group, is playing a key role in 'leaderless' Occupy Wall Street movement, organizing 'guerrilla' protest events and hiring canvassers to collect money for various causes while spending it on protest-related activities, sources tell FoxNews.com.

NYCC’s connection to ACORN isn’t a tenuous one: It works from the former ACORN offices in Brooklyn, uses old ACORN office stationery, employs much of the old ACORN staff and, according to several sources, engages in some of the old organization’s controversial techniques to raise money, interest and awareness for the protests.

Sources said NYCC has hired about 100 former ACORN-affiliated staff members from other cities – paying some of them $100 a day - to attend and support Occupy Wall Street. Dozens of New York homeless people recruited from shelters are also being paid to support the protests, at the rate of $10 an hour, the sources said.

At least some of those hired are being used as door-to-door canvassers to collect money that’s used to support the protests.

Sources said cash donations collected by NYCC on behalf of some unions and various causes are being pooled and spent on Occupy Wall Street. The money is used to buy supplies, pay staff and cover travel expenses for the ex-ACORN members brought to New York for the protests.

In one such case, sources said, NYCC staff members collected cash donations for what they were told was a United Federation of Teachers fundraising drive, but the money was diverted to the protests."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/26/exclusive-acorn-playing-behind-scenes-role-in-occupy-movement/?cmpid=NL_FNTopHeadlines_20111026
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:02:05 PM by jpatrickham »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
Re: ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role in 'Occupy' Movemnent
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 05:59:36 PM »
I think we did this one already.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 09:18:32 PM »
Boy, would I like to be part of that sixth minute!

::whoohoo::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 03:36:22 PM »
...our old pal's ACORN!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/26/exclusive-acorn-playing-behind-scenes-role-in-occupy-movement/

...time to squeeze their nuts again!

Well guess what? ???

Obama’s Top Political Advisor Directly Linked to Occupy Wall Street Protests

Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, October 10, 2011, 11:45 AM

"Obama political advisor holds the same White House position his Bush-era predecessor, Karl Rove, did. But before he was the White House political czar he worked in several far left organizations as activist and agitator.
NLPC.org reported:

One of the more disturbing aspects of the Obama-ACORN connection is that the White House political affairs director is one Patrick Gaspard.

Gaspard doesn't register on the media radar screen in the way that his immediate Bush-era predecessor, Karl Rove, did. But as the New Orleans-based ACORN has been implicated in a host of illegal schemes ranging from voter registration fraud to embezzlement to tax evasion, he may get there. That’s because prior to assuming his current job, Gaspard, at least according to ACORN founder Wade Rathke, had been political director for the New York City chapter of ACORN under Bertha Lewis, who last year replaced Rathke as the group’s chief organizer and CEO. What’s more, he’s worked closely with the ACORN-controlled Working Families Party and the largest local within the Service Employees International Union."

read the rest at Gateway Pundit:
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/10/shocker-obamas-top-political-advisor-directly-linked-to-occupy-wall-street-protests/

If Barack Obama had been alive during the Lindbergh Kidnapping, he most surely would have been involved!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 08:08:58 AM »
Fascists, they know all the dirty tricks...everybody else is just a little girl playing with dolls...