Author Topic: Obama Wants to Move the 'Hood into Your Neighborhood  (Read 1983 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Obama Wants to Move the 'Hood into Your Neighborhood
« on: October 27, 2011, 09:47:59 PM »
By Ben Johnson

"As part of its endless quest to fundamentally transform the United States, the Obama administration is laying the intellectual groundwork for a massive new government program: moving crime-prone tenants of public housing into middle- and upper middle-class neighborhoods in the name of improving their health.

Last Thursday, the New England Journal of Medicine published a multi-year study conducted on behalf of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) researching the impact of "housing mobility" on the health of those in public housing. The project, which tracked 4,500 "very low-income" families, found that allowing the poor to move from the projects to "low-poverty neighborhoods" decreased the incidence of both disorders and improved the families' overall health.

Upon hearing the results, HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan...."

Read More and Comment:http://www.exposeobama.com/2011/10/27/obama-wants-to-move-the-hood-into-your-neighborhood/

Had to put this article somewhere and, decided this had something to do with someone's End of the World. Either their's or mine, just hope they can out run bullets! ::laserkill::
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:51:33 PM by jpatrickham »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Obama Wants to Move the 'Hood into Your Neighborhood
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 10:23:14 PM »
I see where you're coming from on the matter of location, jpat, but I think it best to move it to Politics, Legislation.  The idea of categorization is to be able to find the thread later in the most likely place.

We may need a category titled Destructive Governmental Actions or something similar.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 10:59:41 PM »
This has long been part of their agenda to destroy traditional America. For decades they have put public housing projects and "apartment communities" in nice areas, the result being those areas rather quickly transition to not-so-nice. If you were inclined to do some statistical research, you would find a non-trivial correlation between public housing and crime in a particular area. My dad used to work in an emergency communications department, and he said they could always tell when a part of town had a new public housing project because they suddenly saw a spike in emergency calls they'd never seen in those areas before -- shootings, stabbings, armed robberies, etc.

"You gotta spread the wealth around"
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 11:11:58 PM »
The Feds want to start buying up some of the houses in foreclosure, as I've read, and I suspected Section 8 housers would be installed in them.  Here we go.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 11:19:39 PM »
Be interesting to see how this goes down if the urbane, shady streets of upper class liberal neighborhoods suddenly get to experience the wildlife up close and personal. Or may we assume their own neighborhoods will end up being curiously exempt from this?

How about a new bureaucratic edict mandating all luxury high rises on the west side of Manhattan devote at least 25% of units to Section 8 housing? The tony streets around Beacon Hill in Bahston? Foggy Bottom in DC?

Yeah right.

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 11:45:23 PM »

The first time around during the new civil rights era they had "block busters".
A block buster would be a well supported minority who would spend "what ever it took"
to buy a house in an heretofore segregated neighborhood.  That was all it took, the
bottom fell out and those that didn't get out quick were left holding the bag.

The housing neighborhood hardest, per capita dollar, and first hit was the Jewish
neighborhood (One of the most beautiful neighborhoods in town).  They were some
of the movement's biggest supporters and they got bit hard. 

Yeah, they'll go into the neighborhoods of the gentry, just not the PTB neighborhood.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 06:09:19 AM »
Be interesting to see how this goes down if the urbane, shady streets of upper class liberal neighborhoods suddenly get to experience the wildlife up close and personal. Or may we assume their own neighborhoods will end up being curiously exempt from this?

How about a new bureaucratic edict mandating all luxury high rises on the west side of Manhattan devote at least 25% of units to Section 8 housing? The tony streets around Beacon Hill in Bahston? Foggy Bottom in DC?

Yeah right.

Don't forget Malibu and Beverly Hills.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 06:50:32 AM »
The can relocate them all around Warren Effing Buffett!

::mooning::

Section 8!  Means batsh*t crazy in every circumstance!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 07:09:16 AM »
Here in MN, you have North Minneapolis, and then Robbinsdale, Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park and Maple Grove as ring suburbs, respectively.

Robbinsdale has been urbanized for as long as I can remember. But when I was a kid, Brooklyn Center was a thriving suburb, with a major shopping mall and office complexes. As the liberals pushed to move Blacks out of the inner city, the quality of life declined there noticeably.

Brooklyn Park was the "new" suburb, with many nice homes and clean suburban living. But the social engineers needed to make housing "equitable", and urban planners demanded and received "low income" housing projects in Brooklyn Park. It devolved to the point where it is now no better - and possibly worse - than Brooklyn Center.

They demanded and won the same type of projects in Maple Grove, where we lived until about 10 years ago. Now, what was once a quiet upper-middle-class suburb is starting to take on the characteristics of Brooklyn Park back in the early days of its degradation.

Damn liberals won't be satisfied until they ruin everything for everybody.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 07:53:52 AM »
This has long been part of their agenda to destroy traditional America. For decades they have put public housing projects and "apartment communities" in nice areas, the result being those areas rather quickly transition to not-so-nice. If you were inclined to do some statistical research, you would find a non-trivial correlation between public housing and crime in a particular area. My dad used to work in an emergency communications department, and he said they could always tell when a part of town had a new public housing project because they suddenly saw a spike in emergency calls they'd never seen in those areas before -- shootings, stabbings, armed robberies, etc.

The crime or your assets?
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 07:57:25 AM »

Just read a piece about that yesterday.  A husband and wife were working on separate projects and just hit on the idea of mapping the Section 8 areas and the high crime areas, and the overlap was almost perfect.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 08:01:46 AM »
Here in MN, you have North Minneapolis, and then Robbinsdale, Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park and Maple Grove as ring suburbs, respectively.

Robbinsdale has been urbanized for as long as I can remember. But when I was a kid, Brooklyn Center was a thriving suburb, with a major shopping mall and office complexes. As the liberals pushed to move Blacks out of the inner city, the quality of life declined there noticeably.

Brooklyn Park was the "new" suburb, with many nice homes and clean suburban living. But the social engineers needed to make housing "equitable", and urban planners demanded and received "low income" housing projects in Brooklyn Park. It devolved to the point where it is now no better - and possibly worse - than Brooklyn Center.

They demanded and won the same type of projects in Maple Grove, where we lived until about 10 years ago. Now, what was once a quiet upper-middle-class suburb is starting to take on the characteristics of Brooklyn Park back in the early days of its degradation.

Damn liberals won't be satisfied until they ruin everything for everybody.

You got that right!  I saw how new "groups" began taking over parts of Nordeast Minneapolis, Columbia Heights, Fridley and Mounds View...parts of Blaine and Coon Rapids have been ghetto-ized.  And when you get farther out the "smart growth" types, the Met Council types...the urban social engineers and their ilk begin destroying former bedroom cummunities by reducing lot sizes, bringing in higher-density housing, centrally-planned town centers and next thing you know more waves of urbanites start showing up...fully supported by the loans-for-everybody-no-questions-asked Big Govt lending programs...next thing you know North Minneapolis is right next door to you!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 08:27:29 AM »
In the Baltimore metro area, you had to live farther out then the mass transit could make it if you wanted to avoid the "urbanites" that would inevitably follow the new construction. It was so bad that an area once dominated by farms, dairies and the occasional industrial complex is now home to the rift-raft of drugs and the usual high crime stats that go along for the ride. It's like watching a film on the spread of the Black Plague in the 12th and 13th centuries. Just follow the rats with the fleas in to only this time it's the low class with their crime in tow for the ride.

Before the liberals began their hideous social engineering projects, a black neighborhood was usually occupied by home owners that took pride in the appearance of the surroundings but that wasn't good enough. The crime moved into these neighborhoods becasue of government housing and section 8 subs which pushed those owning property to look elsewhere and in times it rbought in the rift raft they had escaped from. Eventually, with the crime ridden scum that moved out of the city, the liberals tore down the projects and erected gated communities(why the gates?) damn hypocrites.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 08:33:48 AM »
And the Left never cleans up after itself...it just leaves things to rot...and then it moves somewhere else and destroys that area...rinse/repeat...

One such Liberal Utopia -

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/want-to-see-pictures-from-americas-cheapest-zip-code/

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 10:21:42 AM »
This trend can be seen in practically every metro area in the country. I witnessed my childhood neighborhood go from tidy, middle class to urban ghetto in the span of 5 years from the late 80s through early 90s. It was largely engineered by the use of public housing. I've also seen large public housing projects demolished and rebuilt in the manner of trendy condos -- same decorative style and all -- then reoccupied by the former residents who quickly set about reducing their brand new dwellings to the former condition. In another 10-20 years I guess they'll once again be demolished and rebuilt.

The keyword in all the scenarios mentioned, no matter what part of the country, is "public". Public housing and public transportation. Your own money is being used to degrade your home.

- Yours Truly

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 10:43:31 AM »
I see where you're coming from on the matter of location, jpat, but I think it best to move it to Politics, Legislation.  The idea of categorization is to be able to find the thread later in the most likely place.

We may need a category titled Destructive Governmental Actions or something similar.

Yep! this is where it belongs, thanks! ::thumbsup::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 11:11:52 AM »
...when you get farther out the "smart growth" types, the Met Council types...the urban social engineers and their ilk begin destroying former bedroom communities by reducing lot sizes, bringing in higher-density housing, centrally-planned town centers and next thing you know more waves of urbanites start showing up...

Thankfully, Wright County does not recognize the Metropolitan Council's authority.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 11:49:39 AM »
...when you get farther out the "smart growth" types, the Met Council types...the urban social engineers and their ilk begin destroying former bedroom communities by reducing lot sizes, bringing in higher-density housing, centrally-planned town centers and next thing you know more waves of urbanites start showing up...

Thankfully, Wright County does not recognize the Metropolitan Council's authority.

Lucky you!

I think Ted (Mon-dull!) Mondale is still leading that unnecessary extra-governmental fief!

::outrage::

::mooning::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 09:51:35 PM »

Around here they claim "extra-territorial jurisdiction",
the best I can tell that means from wherever they
are to just the other side of where you are. 

Every major city is controlled by a liberal agenda.   
They, just like the school systems they must be cleaned
out and reconstructed with solid logical foundations or we
are lost. 

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 06:59:10 AM »
I've had some experience with Section 8 tenants. I have found them to be decent folks, usually a single minority mom and two children. The problem is usually with the "hangers on", the boyfriends and friends of their kids. Although Section 8 Housing Rules prohibit cohabitation, the Rule is universally ignored and not enforced. Under the Rules, the family can be evicted for drug crimes convictions.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.