Author Topic: Lynching Cain  (Read 21376 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Lynching Cain
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2011, 09:49:17 AM »
Yup, this is what happens when Ruling Class repub's start playing games...whoever they hate, whoever they target...they are my allies.

;)

You're...you're not saying there's a TPOS Butthead involved in this, are you?
Oh no, say it ain't so!

Offline michelleo

« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2011, 10:25:36 AM »
I am fighting, Pan.  I refuse to fiddle while Rome burns.  I'm not going to allow some stupid he said/she said from 15 years ago get in the way of electing a person who understands how the economy works, who understands the importance of true free market, and doesn't play the same corporate statism games for personal gain.  I refuse to get caught up in the minutiae of whether Cain should or shouldn't have been better prepared to handle this or that.   Until the Right starts understanding that, the left will always win.  Cain may not end up being the best candidate to champion individual liberty and free markets in the end, but I will continue to support him until he proves he's not.  But I know for certain that Romney isn't that person.  I too will vote 3rd party or not at all if Romney is the nominee.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2011, 10:28:10 AM »
Yup, this is what happens when Ruling Class repub's start playing games...whoever they hate, whoever they target...they are my allies.

;)

You're...you're not saying there's a TPOS Butthead involved in this, are you?
Oh no, say it ain't so!

::ohno::

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2011, 10:28:45 AM »
Why Our Blacks are Better Than Their Blacks

Ann Coulter

"By spending the last three decades leveling accusations of "racism" every 10 seconds, liberals have made it virtually impossible for Americans to recognize real racism -- for example, the racism constantly spewed at black conservatives.

In the last year alone, a short list of the things liberals have labeled "racist" include:

-- Being a Republican;

-- Joining the tea party;

-- The word "the" (Donald Trump's statement that he has a "great relationship with the blacks");

-- References to Barack Obama's playing basketball (Trump again);

-- Using Obama's middle name;

-- Scott Brown's pickup truck;

-- Opposing Obamacare;

-- Opposing Obama's stimulus bill;

-- Opposing Obama's jobs bill.

The surge in conservative support for Herman Cain confuses the Democrats' story line, which is that Republicans hate Obama because he's black.

Cain is twice as black as Obama. (Possible Obama campaign slogan: "Too Black!")

This is why the liberal website Politico ran with a story on Cain that had everything -- a powerful black man, a Republican presidential candidate, the hint of sexuality -- except facts.

All we learned was: About a decade ago, as many as two anonymous women accused Cain of making unspecified "inappropriate" remarks and one "inappropriate" gesture in the workplace. (We had more than that on John Edwards' mistress a year into the media's refusal to report that story.)

If the details helped liberals, we'd have the details.

To have been accused of sexual harassment in the 1990s is like having been accused of molesting children at preschools in the 1980s or accused of being a witch in Massachusetts in the 1690s.

In the 1990s, one plaintiff won a $50 million jury verdict against Wal-Mart on the grounds that a "hostile environment" was created by her supervisor's yelling at both male and female employees. In another case, a plaintiff won a $250,000 award for sexual harassment based on her complaint that a male colleague had reached for a pastry saying, "Nothing I like more in the morning than sticky buns," while "wriggl(ing)" his eyebrows.

It got so crazy that a 6-year-old boy was suspended from class for a day for kissing a classmate on the cheek, and a Goya painting had to be removed from a Penn State classroom because a professor complained that it constituted sexual harassment."

http://townhall.com/columnists/anncoulter/2011/11/02/why_our_blacks_are_better_than_their_blacks/page/full/

In fact, our everything is better than there anything. Give me a wage earner, and I'll give you a roof over your head. Can't beat that with a stick! ::smalldeadhorse:: ::curtsy4:: 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 10:33:34 AM by jpatrickham »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2011, 01:45:21 PM »
UPDATE:

Adding to the ongoing Herman Cain sexual harassment controversy, two sources have now confirmed to PJ Media that a female employee of the National Restaurant Association told associates she had been brought by Mr. Cain to his Crystal City, Virginia residence where she alleged “he had taken advantage of me.”

Both sources claim to be politically conservative.

One source, a male, told PJ Media:

Herman took advantage of seniority and power with a young woman. It was an abuse of power.

Implying that coming forward with the accusations was an ordeal for the young woman, the source also said:

Who do you believe, a CEO or a mid-level staffer? It was unsettling for her to make charges.

The name of the woman — who was in her early twenties at the time of the alleged incident — has been confirmed by PJ Media. We have chosen not to reveal her identity for reasons of discretion.

Both sources, one male and one female, worked at the time — mid-1990s — for the governmental affairs department of the National Restaurant Association, as did the woman.

According to the female source, Mr. Cain and the woman had been with a large group for a long evening of food and drink at the Ciao Baby Cucina, a restaurant near NRA headquarters in downtown Washington, D.C. This was a normal routine, as the trade association worked with the food and beverage industry. Afterwards, Mr. Cain allegedly took the woman by taxi to his apartment, where she spent the night and woke up.

The female source told PJ Media that she witnessed the woman and Herman Cain break away from the large group as part of a smaller group.

Neither source has direct knowledge of what occurred at Mr. Cain’s residence, but several days after the alleged incident, the female source witnessed the woman returning to her workplace “distraught.” “She was very upset.”

One source told PJ Media: “Some people didn’t believe [the accuser]” at the time she made the allegation. The female source recalls the woman continued working at the NRA for several weeks after the encounter; the male source recalls the woman continued working there for a few months.

Both sources claim that during this period following the incident while the woman was still employed, the NRA’s human resources office held many “closed door meetings” that included her. The woman’s parents retained legal counsel and arranged an undisclosed financial settlement.

Today, the NRA is expected to meet with attorney Joel P. Bennett, who represents one of the women who have made claims against Mr. Cain. Bennett has stated he wants the NRA to terminate a confidentiality provision which bars his client from revealing the grounds for the settlement:

[The NRA] ought to waive the confidentiality and non-disparagement provisions and let the two women, if they choose to do so, come forward and tell their stories so that it can get a complete public airing.

Mr. Cain has steadfastly denied that he harassed any female employees at the National Restaurant Association when he was president. He originally said any allegations of his harassment of women are “totally baseless and totally false.”

(CORRECTIONS: A previous version of this story mentioned that a source witnessed Cain and the woman entering a taxi together. This was incorrect.

The previous version also mentioned that the woman awoke in Cain’s bed — the source only claimed that the woman awoke in Cain’s apartment.

The previous version incorrectly attributed comments from one source to the other source.)

Trying to keep the record straight here.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2011, 01:56:09 PM »
Pretty huge #&*$@!% difference between getting in a cab together and NOT, and waking up in his BED and waking up in his APARTMENT. All these anonymous sources need to get their #&*$@!% stories straight whilst engaging in their high-tech lynching.

This stinks.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2011, 02:02:53 PM »
It does stink.

The left, aided by some Republicans, are Alinsky-ing one R nominee after another in a way they never did with Obama; him they fire-walled, and they shielded Wiener as long as possible, along with Edwards before him and every Democrat.

They cannot be allowed to get away with this.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2011, 02:11:17 PM »
I used to say the same thing about Palin.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2011, 02:18:57 PM »
I used to say the same thing about Palin.

As far as I'm concerned, what was done to her is/was part of the "this".  "This" is just the reason why she's now considered "unelectable".

It has to be stopped, one way or the other.

People are being tugged to and fro -- "now I WILL support Cain"/"now I could NEVER vote for Cain" -- when none of this has to do with his policy positions, which is what we ought to be debating right now inside of taking sides as a result of mud-slinging.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2011, 02:25:11 PM »

This whole thing is a mess and whether Cain "did it" or not is of least concern.
This is dumping the apple cart disrupting and distracting the contest.  It has
Romney/Democrat stink all over it. 

Horserace

Herman Cain’s attack on Rick Perry is going to turn off people toward Perry. Cain’s campaign seems to have decided that if Cain goes down, he’s going to take out everybody not named Romney as well.
Herman Cain purposefully decided to engage in a murder-suicide with the Perry campaign.
The odds of Romney being the nominee grow daily. If, however, this Cain business resolves itself quickly, Romney might see the race consolidate against him.

Cain's early accusation of the Perry camp is as baseless as the charge against him.
I don't know whether Cain and Romney are buds or if Cain has decided that if he's
going down he's going to clear the room.  Either way it's very negative tactic.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2011, 02:39:09 PM »
Cain's early accusation of the Perry camp is as baseless as the charge against him.

I have to disagree.  Circumstantial, yes; baseless -- because of the circumstantial -- no.

Rush said something today with which I agree -- it's going to matter who leaked only if the charges are proven false.  Although, "proven" may be beyond reach at this point.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2011, 03:26:58 PM »

His claim on Perry is less than the claim on himself.  At this time
I agree with the statement "murder suicide" and more than that
he jumped the gun on it.  Why not wait until he has a fact instead
of shotgunning exactly as he was shot?  It does not show discipline,
a discipline I want to see in a president.

And if Cain's accusations prove to be false but the stink sticks on Perry
then it will matter whether the charge against Cain are true or not .

Or you may say the Butthead is winning, for I am beginning to dislike
Cain and those with whom he surrounds himself. 

Offline Janny

« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2011, 04:47:06 PM »

I have to disagree.  Circumstantial, yes; baseless -- because of the circumstantial -- no.

Rush said something today with which I agree -- it's going to matter who leaked only if the charges are proven false.  Although, "proven" may be beyond reach at this point.

Rush's coverage of this was great, today. Here is the link to his one analysis: on his site

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2011, 04:52:36 PM »
I find myself taking Rush Limbaugh for granted less and less these days. He really is irreplaceable.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2011, 06:21:34 PM »
So wait a minute, where is the liberal intelligentsia to lecture us on how much more mature and adult we should be about dalliances of such a personal nature? It seems like every time a Democrat is in the midst of innuendo and speculation, we're reminded that the so very cosmopolitan and sophisticated Europeans -- the template of our own Leftists -- look on this theater and snicker at those simple rubes in America, with their outmoded bumpkin moral outrage. Why, we're told, in France and Italy no politician can keep his pants on and it's not even worth reporting. Oh, they lament, why can't we be just half as mature and tolerant?  So where is it? Where's these calls for the peasantry to put away the pitchforks?

And while we're at it, a bit of perspective is useful:

Bill Clinton, who was the sitting POTUS at the time, left semen on the dress of an intern and then lied about the incident to a grand jury. The desire to keep it quiet also exposed the President (no pun intended) to potential blackmail from any number of corners. But that was officially No Big Deal (tm).

Ted Kennedy, in his state of perpetual drunkenness, left a young woman to drown in a submerged car that he crashed. He and fellow-POS Christopher Dodd also boasted of their sexual predations on DC waitresses, referring to making a "waitress sandwich". These are also officially No Big Deal (tm).
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2011, 07:16:01 PM »

Hot Air 4:13PM

Here’s the follow-up to Curt Anderson’s appearance on Fox this morning, in which Anderson not only denied having leaked the harassment story to Politico but publicly gave them permission to out him if he is the leaker. If you don’t want to watch Block’s reply, Christian Heinze has a transcript. After reading it, though, I’m still confused. Block says he “stands behind” what they said yesterday, but when Kelly presses him on that, he replies, “until we get all the facts, I’m just going to say that we accept what Mr. Anderson has said and we want to move on with the campaign.” Which means … what? They still think Perry’s camp leaked the story but they no longer believe Anderson was the middleman? Or they no longer believe Perry’s camp leaked the story? More to the point, why did a guy who’s spent the week inveighing against poorly sourced, speculative accusations think it was a good idea to start tossing poorly sourced, speculative accusations against Curt Anderson? And do note, it’s not just Block doing this in some rogue attempt at damage control. It was Cain himself who first pointed the finger at Anderson yesterday in an interview with Richard Miniter.

On third thought: Cain still seems to think Curt Anderson is the leaker; 5:37 PM

Via the Right Scoop. I’m picturing Mark Block, who kinda sorta cleared Anderson a few hours ago, smoking two at a time while listening to this. The most interesting bit comes near the end, when Cain retreats ever so slightly from his claim yesterday that he told Anderson about the harassment claims when Anderson worked for him in 2004. Now, he says, he’s “almost certain” that he told him. He does make a good point in noting that any political consultant worth his salt would have probed the candidate about skeletons in his closet in order to craft damage control in advance. But in that case, how come Cain’s current campaign advisors didn’t think to do that? No wonder some Republicans want Block out.

Meanwhile, at NRO, Fred Thompson is dropping dark hints or settling old scores. Or maybe both. Has Cain convicted the wrong campaign?

[blockquote]

I have no idea who originated the story. But I’d say that looking inside the Republican family is probably a good bet. I speak from personal experience.

Days after I got into the presidential race in 2007, I was greeted with a website, “PhoneyFred.org,” described in the media at the time as an “anti Fred Thompson smear site.” You couldn’t really tell who was behind it, but we learned of it from the Democratic National Committee, which made ample use of it. We assumed that they had created it. However, a reporter at the Washington Post (of all people) decided to find out who was behind the site. After a lot of effort, she traced it to an executive of TTS Strategies, a South Carolina consulting firm run by J. Warren Tompkins, one of the most notorious hardball political operatives in the country…

In 2007, he was running Mitt Romney’s campaign in South Carolina, where Mitt was behind the rest of us in the polls. Of course, when confronted, both Tompkins and Mitt were “shocked” to learn that a rogue employee...

[/blockquote]

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2011, 08:09:35 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/post/cain-camp-considering-legal-action-against-politico/2011/11/03/gIQAc2dcjM_blog.html

A Herman Cain aide said Thursday that the Cain campaign is considering its legal options over the original Politico story, which revealed that the former head of the National Restaurant Association was accused of sexually harassing at least two women during his tenure in the 1990s.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/03/national-restaurant-association-chairman-during-cain%E2%80%99s-tenure-its-a-hatchet-job/

In an interview with The Daily Caller, former National Restaurant Association board chairman Joseph Fassler offered a firm defense of GOP presidential front-runner Herman Cain, along with an explanation for how Washington’s best kept secret — the identities of Cain’s sexual-harassment accusers — was also kept from the association’s board.

“The accusations? It’s a hatchet job, in my opinion,” Fassler told TheDC from his Phoenix, Ariz. office. “My gut tells me it’s a hatchet job. He gets a lead, he gets some traction, and the next thing you know, here come these allegations. It’s sad.”
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2011, 09:39:09 PM »
The GOP, come on in, the water's fine rioght after sh*tting in it. Yeah, that's the ticket. The "Stupid Party" sit well with me. ::unknowncomic::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2011, 11:48:13 PM »

How he runs his campaign is his business even though his time may better be spent campaigning.  On the other hand this tactic is bringing in the cash.

Link

[blockquote]

Herman Cain appeared on Sean Hannity's radio show late Thursday afternoon,...
Cain did not mince words. He clearly believes his former aide Curt Anderson is the leaker, citing what seems to be his close relationship with Politico as well as being a current staffer for Rick Perry's presidential campaign. Cain spent nearly thirty minutes on the air with Hannity but in the key part of the segment we have made available here, as well as the transcript, it is clear who Cain thinks was behind this. A transcript of the audio is provided below. ...

[/blockquote]

But if he's wrong on this he's a damn fool and I don't want a damn fool president.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2011, 07:26:08 AM »
He could be right about Anderson being the "leaker" but the instigator appears to be the Romney operative.  Either way you slice this it has the stench of The Butthead all about it, it would be like that Ruling Class Demon to not only take the current front-runner down a peg or two, but mud on Perry (another Romney rival) gives that evil bastard a two-fer!

So far, it appears people are not condemning Cain to the extent that The Butthead and his minions would like!

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely GOP Primary voters shows Cain with 26% of the vote over former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney’s 23%. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich draws 14% support, with no other GOP contender reaching double-digits. Thirteen percent (13%) of GOP voters are undecided at this time.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/election_2012_republican_presidential_primary
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.