Author Topic: Lynching Cain  (Read 21480 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Lynching Cain
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2011, 08:40:14 PM »

I don't care either, I'm much more concerned how he's handled it from drop one.
He's back tracked and/or reversed statements sometimes three times in one day
and has pointed fingers at another as recently as yesterday.  He has exposed a
lacking skill I want my president to have and exposed a defensive tactic that is
repellent.  This whole episode contradicts his demonstrative straightforward meme.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2011, 09:04:05 PM »
I don't know if anyone else saw this part of the Newt/Cain debate - when the moderator asked them whether they preferred a defined benefit model or a defined contribution model for Medicare. He threw the question to Cain, and he had a "Right of return.... Right of return...." moment, when he said with the same blank holy-sh*t stare, "Defined...... Newt, you go first." He didn't know what the question meant.

The man has demonstrated to my satisfaction, a lack of seriousness about the post he claims to be seeking. He has not familiarized himself with issues, terminology, positions, or the most basic talking points in support of the most rudimentary issues like abortion. He claims to be "studying" the things he does not know, but his study-habits and/or teachers seem to be getting in the way.

I think there is a good chance the accusations against Cain are false. But nonetheless, things about Herman Cain have been revealed by his response to the accusations, and compounded with other signs (as detailed above), I think it's quite likely that he is not ready for prime-time.

It pains me to say it. I had some hope that he would be the answer. But I just don't think it's to be. I'm starting to settle on thinking that perhaps it should not be.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2011, 09:10:07 PM »
. But nonetheless, things about Herman Cain have been revealed by his response to the accusations, and compounded with other signs (as detailed above), I think it's quite likely that he is not ready for prime-time.

I have my reservations about the man as well. But I can't think of anyone I have NOT had reservations about when I voted for them.  We can only choose from the choices given. If my choice is between Cain - who may very well NOT be ready for Prime time, and Romney, I would rather roll the dice that Cain will come up to speed when pushed.  Hell, the fact he ISN'T polished - and obviously imperfect is part of the charm ( as long as he knows enough to find others who can make up for areas in which he is weak - which most CEOs are smart enough to do)

Having Romney in will be a victory for Democrats - giving them the opportunity to blame the GOP for the coming turd storm while putting them at no risk of loosing ground.  I would rather have Obama win and own the mess he created than give the Democrats such an easy time of it.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2011, 10:58:09 PM »
If Romney ends up with the nomination I'm not even certain he can win against Obama frankly...Romney is the one that the democrats want to run against. The guy can't seem to really break the glass ceiling in the polls for Republicans so how many will vote for someone else or not vote if Romney gets the nom? Add to that the fact that if Romney is the candidate then Obamacare as a bludgeon to beat Obama with is suddenly off the table. The democrats WANT Romney to get the nom because he's the easiest one for them to beat.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2011, 11:05:44 PM »

Romney doesn't have the base, he has a solid 25% following who are moderates.
He does have full faith and credit from the Country Club.  FORE!
- - -     

(CNN) - Republican presidential contender Herman Cain will address the latest sexual harassment allegations against him at a Tuesday afternoon news conference, his campaign announced late Monday.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2011, 11:23:45 PM »
In 1972 Pauline Kael is alleged to have said about when Nixon won the 1972 election, "How can that be? No one I know voted for Nixon!" Probably apocryphal but I get a deja-vu vibe all over again when referring to McRomney.

I don't know of anyone who likes him. I do know folks who will hold their nose and pull the lever for him if we can't get anyone better. Me? I'm torn. I did relent and vote for mcstain (yea, like a lot of folks I told myself that I was voting for Sarah). But when a-holes like medved tell me that I need to grow up and vote for "the only Republican candidate who can actually win" it makes me want to sit it out altogether.

We don't even get a primary vote here in Washington. Instead we get dreary caucuses.

I'm thinking of pulling a Rip VanWinkle...

charlesoakwood

« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2011, 01:24:20 AM »

ABC
The public record on Bialek begins in 1991 when she filed personal bankruptcy for the first time while living in Des Plaines.

Between 1993 and 1996 Bialek worked for four different companies in promotion and marketing positions.

In 1996, and part of 1997, Bialek was at the National Restaurant Association. After being let go from that job in mid-1997, she says that she went to Washington, D.C., to meet with Cain, president of the association, because she needed a job.

In 1999, Bialek's son Nicholas was born and a paternity lawsuit was filed by the father, a media executive.

In 2001 came Bialek's second personal bankruptcy, filed after sizable legal bills. That year she was hired by WGN radio where she worked until 2004 when she took a marketing job and then a job at WCKG radio.

Read it all

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2011, 05:20:36 AM »
By the by, guys . . .

From a legal perspective, Cain's alleged conduct with this babe is not "sexual harassment" as defined by workforce law. It is, however, a sexual battery if the conduct involved impermissible touching.

While I'm at it, can't the hatchet jobbers find somebody other than this legal skank Gloria Allred? This is as unbelievable as if Paul Begala held a press conference and trotted out some bleached blond white chick claiming the Big Black Guy grabbed her crotch.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2011, 05:35:03 AM »
Remember who represented Arnold's paramour?
Remember who trotted out Meg Whitman's illegal alien right before the California election?
Remember who represented Tiger's whores?

For your schadenfraeudian pleasure, checkit: Greta destroys tool Allred on national t.v.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN DESTROYS GLORIA ALLRED
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2011, 05:48:39 AM »
I thought the picture of Allred standing with Bialek was striking ... One whore representing another .

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2011, 07:01:44 AM »
In case you missed it, Here's Mark Levin's take on the subject courtesy of TRS

http://www.therightscoop.com/mark-levin-pokes-holes-in-cain-accusers-story/
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2011, 07:27:17 AM »
I thought the picture of Allred standing with Bialek was striking ... One whore representing another .

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2011, 08:35:15 AM »
In case you missed it, Here's Mark Levin's take on the subject courtesy of TRS

http://www.therightscoop.com/mark-levin-pokes-holes-in-cain-accusers-story/

Levin makes clear he’s not suggesting one way or the other the potential outcome of this story, who is guilty and who isn’t, but that he just believes her story doesn’t quite make sense and thus he would like to ask her a few questions.

Ha, I saw that movie: Kom into my chamber I only vont do ask you a few qvuetions.
Bwaa ha ha ha.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #213 on: November 08, 2011, 08:44:34 AM »
They are after our white women! Conservatives can't handle white/black relations! She just asked him to come in an bust up a chifferobe!

I got something to say

Also, yet another woman comes forward.

Sunny TV: Herman Cain Sexually Harassed Me Too

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2011, 11:19:37 AM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2011, 11:21:52 AM »
The Bialek woman was on with Glenn Beck, today.  Again.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #216 on: November 08, 2011, 11:29:04 AM »
[blockquote]"Credibility matters here, and Gloria Allred -- while she is a Democrat and a liberal Democrat and openly so -- nonetheless, has been involved in a number of high-profile cases like Tiger Woods and others, where the charges have been borne out.

So this gives Ms. Bialek's charges and accusations a little bit of credibility, and that's what we're talking about here -- credibility."[/blockquote]

Wait for it.....
[blockquote]- Karl Rove[/blockquote]
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #217 on: November 08, 2011, 12:18:11 PM »
THE FIVE,
FNC

"Does she [Allred] own an ambulance company?"
                                                                     Bob Beckel,
                                                                     November 7, 2011

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #218 on: November 08, 2011, 12:23:13 PM »
*sigh*

Rove.  Really.

I have no idea at all how or what to think about all of this now.

Mark Levin tore into this woman's story last evening with a list of questions not asked, nor answered, and highlighting discrepancies.  Today, previous to Bialek's "appearance", Beck spoke with another woman who vouched for her credibility -- didn't catch her name or identity.  Bialek's history is checkered, but that does not necessarily disqualify the possibility she was assaulted, while it does make her a less-than credible teller of the truth.

All of this could have come out the minute Cain popped up; why wait until now?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #219 on: November 08, 2011, 12:50:21 PM »
...All of this could have come out the minute Cain popped up; why wait until now?

::thinking::

Because it's a lie?

- Thomas Jefferson