Author Topic: Open letter in Oakland  (Read 1333 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Open letter in Oakland
« on: November 01, 2011, 08:19:07 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/01/open-letter-from-oakland-police-union-why-is-the-mayor-encouraging-city-employees-to-join-the-occupy-movements-strike/

They say they’re “confused” but they aren’t. This couldn’t be simpler: Jean Quan, the Democratic mayor of a Democratic city, was utterly intimidated by the media backlash after cops followed her orders to clear the plaza in front of city hall and ended up clashing with protesters. So now, to make amends, not only has she given them back the space, she’s giving all city employees the day off tomorrow to join the mass strike against “the establishment” — except of course for the designated scapegoat, the police. If, like the union, you’re wondering whether Quan and those employees aren’t also part of “the establishment” and why she thinks handing out extra sick days for dissent is more important than running the city, clearly you’ve forgotten an important lesson. Namely, any liberal can “speak truth to power” by virtue of being a liberal, no matter how fantastically powerful he or she might be. If this idiot is qualified, Jean Quan certainly is too.

/snort  ::whatgives::
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Open letter in Oakland
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 08:29:24 PM »
Rope, lamp post, oppressives.  Some assembly required.

I am so done with this sht ............
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 08:33:49 PM »
I'm thinking maybe the Oakland cops ought to take a page from the cops in NY...and do AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE to protect the mobs.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 09:15:32 PM »
Ya both right, screw 'em all!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 10:18:37 AM »
Is this how police states spring up?  It makes sense, the cops are told to do what is right by their bosses then the bosses admonish them for doing it because the bosses can't take the heat from the liberal media (being liberals themselves, their feelings are hurt and they want the media to love them), and in turn do further stupid things to enrage law enforcement.  Then, law enforcement get fed up with the BS and take matters into their own hands (eliminate coward bosses and put their own bosses in charge).  Maybe in small countries?  IDK...
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 04:23:17 PM »
I'm thinking maybe the Oakland cops ought to take a page from the cops in NY...and do AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE to protect the mobs.
I agree BMG contain them and let them eat their own.
Commie Ba$tards. ::puke::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 04:38:26 PM »

For edification here's the whole thing:

We represent the 645 police officers who work hard every day to protect the citizens of Oakland. We, too, are the 99% fighting for better working conditions, fair treatment and the ability to provide a living for our children and families. We are severely understaffed with many City beats remaining unprotected by police during the day and evening hours.

As your police officers, we are confused.

On Tuesday, October 25th, we were ordered by Mayor Quan to clear out the encampments at Frank Ogawa Plaza and to keep protesters out of the Plaza. We performed the job that the Mayor’s Administration asked us to do, being fully aware that past protests in Oakland have resulted in rioting, violence and destruction of property.

Then, on Wednesday, October 26th, the Mayor allowed protesters back in – to camp out at the very place they were evacuated from the day before.

To add to the confusion, the Administration issued a memo on Friday, October 28th to all City workers in support of the “Stop Work” strike scheduled for Wednesday, giving all employees, except for police officers, permission to take the day off.

That’s hundreds of City workers encouraged to take off work to participate in the protest against “the establishment.” But aren’t the Mayor and her Administration part of the establishment they are paying City employees to protest? Is it the City’s intention to have City employees on both sides of a skirmish line?

It is all very confusing to us.

Meanwhile, a message has been sent to all police officers: Everyone, including those who have the day off, must show up for work on Wednesday. This is also being paid for by Oakland taxpayers. Last week’s events alone cost Oakland taxpayers over $1 million.

The Mayor and her Administration are beefing up police presence for Wednesday’s work strike they are encouraging and even “staffing,” spending hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars for additional police presence – at a time when the Mayor is also asking Oakland residents to vote on an $80 parcel tax to bail out the City’s failing finances.

All of these mixed messages are confusing.

We love Oakland and just want to do our jobs to protect Oakland residents. We respectfully ask the citizens of Oakland to join us in demanding that our City officials, including Mayor Quan, make sound decisions and take responsibility for these decisions. Oakland is struggling – we need real leaders NOW who will step up and lead – not send mixed messages. Thank you for listening.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 05:47:21 PM »
Rope, lamp post, oppressives.  Some assembly required.

I am so done with this sht ............

Mind reader,but you forgot,hole,lime.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 06:13:08 PM »

shovel

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 07:26:02 PM »

shovel

Damn I guess it always the little things that mess you up.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 07:34:05 PM »
Cheese grater..... :o

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 08:22:52 PM »
Industrial meat grinder. 
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 08:29:23 PM »
Guys all I want to do is dig a hole and drop it in,you want to make an all nighter out of a simple little thing.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 08:31:48 PM »
Guys all I want to do is dig a hole and drop it in,you want to make an all nighter out of a simple little thing.

You're the one who made it complicated with the hole/lime.  I say just leave 'em hanging on the lamp-post as an example.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 08:34:07 PM »

You're the one who made it complicated with the hole/lime.  I say just leave 'em hanging on the lamp-post as an example.

Then people get to thinking that maybe there was some foul play afoot. My way the can't prove shyt.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 09:06:00 PM »

Vlad would be so proud. ::bows::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 05:34:46 AM »

* snort *
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 09:40:57 AM »
This mornings headers from Drudge:

'Occupy' Rallies Turn Violent...
Police Tear Gas Oakland Protesters...
Mob Runs Wild in City Streets...
Shut Down Port, Attack WHOLE FOODS, ATMs...
Cops, Protesters Clash in Seattle...

Mayor Quan's decisions promoted these events, one may say she sanctioned city
employees to participate in this destruction. She should be prosecuted and so should
Bloomberg and other culpable mayors.  They were derelict in their duty not enforcing
the law which resulted in death, destruction and mayhem.  This should be a lesson to
other mayors what grows from allowing laws to be broken.  (See: Rudy Giuliani's
"broken windows" campaign) And to the "innocent" students just wanting to protest
remember the old axiom, "you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas".

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 09:48:28 AM »
Did ya hear the story on Beck about the guy getting blocked off by this leftist trash?  Fricken hilarious...I'd like some leftists bouncing off my hood!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.