Author Topic: ***** OOTD ****** (Outrage of the Day)  (Read 2896 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: ***** OOTD ****** (Outrage of the Day)
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 12:51:36 PM »
Since the theme is Outrage, just remember (right about the time that your pulse has returned to normal and your face is no longer beet red) that the aclu, like all parasites, thrive by feeding off of their host. In their case they get the bulk of their financing from the US taxpayer.

We are paying them to destroy our culture and way of life.

::gaah::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 12:54:10 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/22/aclu-occupy-mn-has-right-to-unrestricted-use-of-public-property-and-free-electricity-too/

The American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota sued Hennepin County on Monday on behalf of OccupyMPLS, the protest group camping out on the Government Center Plaza in downtown Minneapolis in defiance of county rules.

The ACLU suit contends that those rules, which forbid tents and electricity, and “certain unwritten procedures enforced by the county” violate the demonstrators’ free speech rights. …

The suit asks that new rules restricting the use of chalk, electricity and tents be declared unconstitutional. The plaintiffs are also seeking an injunction against the rules, and they want the county to provide electricity for the protesters. It also asks that officials stop giving trespass notices to protesters who build temporary shelters or use chalk to express their views.

The county has said the plaza is not designed for long-term occupation and that the restrictions adopted earlier this month are needed because of health and safety concerns and increased security costs.

Wonder how those Tea Party lawsuits to recuperate costs
of using city parks they paid are coming along?

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2011, 11:01:25 AM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/11/23/garofalo_tea_party_motivated_by_racial_intolerance.html

Comedienne and actress Janeane Garofalo paid another visit to Current TV's "Countdown" program on Wednesday night. Garofalo talked about Republicans, Obama, the Tea Party and of course, Herman Cain.

"It always works on a certain segment of the population. If you are trying to appeal to the worst in us. Quite literally, the worst in us and you're trying to go to the limbic brain of anxiety, fear, intolerance, hatred, bitterness, ignorance, you have to just use these very simple, as they say, dog whistle words," Garofalo said while trying to explain what she believes will be the Republican strategy in 2012. Garofalo gave a stumbling and bumbling response.

Garofalo then accused the "mainstream media" of letting gaffes by Republicans slide. No joke.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2011, 08:59:43 AM »
The Senate has acheived a new low this week:

The Senate on Thursday evening voted 93-7 to approve a defense authorization bill that includes a provision which not only repeals the military law on sodomy, it also repeals the military ban on sex with animals--or bestiality.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111203043737AA9JjyU

This Senate sunk to the lowest abyss of its history.

93 to 7, that means that our repubs are no better. Now what?
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2011, 11:22:47 AM »
The Senate has acheived a new low this week:

The Senate on Thursday evening voted 93-7 to approve a defense authorization bill that includes a provision which not only repeals the military law on sodomy, it also repeals the military ban on sex with animals--or bestiality.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111203043737AA9JjyU

This Senate sunk to the lowest abyss of its history.

93 to 7, that means that our repubs are no better. Now what?

Civil War, anything else is capitulation or willing acceptance.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2011, 07:03:10 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/dec/05/civil-rights-naacp-voter-warning

The largest civil rights group in America, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), is petitioning the UN over what it sees as a concerted efforted to disenfranchise black and Latino voters ahead of next year's presidential election.

And so the voter fraud machine starts to kick in in advance of the 2012 election...
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 07:13:04 AM »
They're petitioning THE UN?! 
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 07:16:44 AM »
If they don't understand the meaning of "unconstitutional" perhaps the less eloquent "FOAD" will penetrate their diseased minds.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 10:56:57 AM »

Yup, according to this story...sad isn't it?

Sort of like going to the UN to 'fix' gun ownership in America and going to the UN for agenda 21 stuff which seeks to 'fix' pretty much everything in America...
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 02:45:37 PM »

Yup, according to this story...sad isn't it?

Sort of like going to the UN to 'fix' gun ownership in America and going to the UN for agenda 21 stuff which seeks to 'fix' pretty much everything in America...

Something I missed earlier:

William Barber, a member of the association's national board, said it was the "most vicious, co-ordinated and sinister attack to narrow participation in our democracy since the early 20th century".

Barber is a Black "minister" out of Durham, NC, who made the job of the previous-elected Wake Board of Education a miserable living hell -- telling lies, charging racism, riling up people, protesting, interrupting meetings, getting himself arrested -- over their decision to end "di-VER-sity busing", the plank on which they ran and were elected.  He didn't stop until the last election a couple months ago when the end-the-busing majority lost one member.  So, the busing will continue.

This is the sonofabtch taking his bullsht to the UN, eh?  Okay.  Duly noted.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 05:48:31 PM »
The List is getting heavy...

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2011, 11:04:06 AM »
I am going to lock this thread - no offense to radioman for starting it. My reason is that what we'll end up with is a thread containing many topics with no cohesive reason for them being included in the same thread. Someone may comment on what was today's outrage, and a few weeks from now when new news emerges and they go looking for the thread title or subject, it will not be apparent in any list, and only available through a database search.

I split-off BMG's latest entry into its own thread and gave it its own title, so it won't get lost in the threadlock. If anyone feels that what they've discussed in this thread prior to today should be continued, let me, Pan, or Trap know and we'll be happy to split them off and rename them as well so that discussion can continue.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson