Author Topic: DeMint's endorsement  (Read 545 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
DeMint's endorsement
« on: November 05, 2011, 04:22:30 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/demint-not-endorsing-in-2012/2011/11/05/gIQAZxs2pM_story.html

“I want to announce that I am very unlikely to endorse a candidate in the presidential race,” DeMint told me in an interview this weekend.

With support from grass-roots conservatives, he says, “collectively, I think we can raise over $10 million and focus that on five to eight races. And by doing that I know we can change the Senate .?.?. . Five or eight more like .?.?. [Marco Rubio, Pat Toomey and Rand Paul] and a Republican president, we can turn our country around .?.?. . It is really now or never for our country. We’re not going to get another bite at this apple. ” 

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

Re: DeMint's endorsement
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 04:50:52 PM »

Why did DeMint decide not to endorse Romney again?

::hysterical:: ::rolllaughing:: ::hysterical::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: DeMint's endorsement
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 05:44:07 PM »
“I’ve got to keep my focus on electing conservatives to the Senate who are going to come in here and help us change the spending culture and help our new president turn the country around.” The tipping point for DeMint came last week, when he watched 32 of his Republican colleagues vote with Democrats to kill an amendment offered by Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) to cut $1 billion from the Rural Development Agency, while 11 Republicans voted with Democrats against eliminating a paltry $6 million in funding for the Small Community Air Service Development Program.“I’ve realized over the last week, as I’ve seen how some of the votes were cast in the Senate, [that] we had some Republicans who were going to resist any cuts in programs.”

::gaah::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"