Author Topic: Siga Scandal  (Read 761 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Siga Scandal
« on: November 13, 2011, 08:24:30 AM »
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/11/move_over_solyndra_here_comes_siga.html

If you thought Solyndra was bigtime corruption, wait until you read the details of the Siga scandal. David Willman of the Los Angeles Times reveals a huge no-bid contract bearing all the signs of intervention from above, that could dwarf  Solyndra.  It involves the health and safety of the American poeple, and a squandering of taxpayer resources.

The Department of Health and Human Services has signed a no-bid  contracted with Siga Technologies for as much as much as 2.8 billion dollars' worth of a high priced drug, for a terrorism threat that may not exist.  The drug's effectiveness is unknown because it cannot be tested on humans.  The threat it is intended to counter is an attack based on Smallpox (which has been eradicated and only "is known to exist only in the locked freezers of a Russian scientific institute and the U.S. government.")

Hat tip: Michael Savage
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Siga Scandal
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 08:33:08 AM »
Obama really, truly believes he can do whatever he wants with impunity. So far, the Republicans are proving him 100% correct.

They are approaching ALL these scandals with WAY too much benefit of the doubt. They need to come forward and just tell the American people point blank, it looks like they've committed crimes A,B,C, and D - that's what the evidence is leading to. We will pursue the evidence, and prosecute any and all crimes to the full extent of our congressional power, and involve law enforcement as needed.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 08:43:47 AM »
I had put up a quick reply here about another solar company that got 3.1 billion that is based here in Arizona and how the CEO has now resigned... I then said I'd find a link to the data.

On finding the data there was even more to share.. so I started it's own thread here:
http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,3868.0.html

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 12:45:29 PM »
Even if the threat were real, and the drug actually effective, the expensive (estimated $255 per dose, a price that bears no relationship at all to production cost) stockpile only has a shelf life of 38 months. If Obama is re-elected, the gravy train rolls along for another profitable round for Siga.

By coincidence, Siga is controlled by Billionaire Democrat mega-donor Ronald Perelman, who used his McAndrew & Forbes holding company to buy into the business of selling antiviral anti-bioterrorism drugs to the government.

On and on she rolls, where the gravy train stops, nobody knows .......
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 01:10:15 PM »

No crony capitalism here.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 01:21:41 PM »
  Isn't this the same sort of thing that Perry was all over the news for?Where is the LSM on this one?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 01:25:53 PM »

They tried and were proved wrong.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 03:51:46 PM »
 ::cussing::

If half the crap going on in the Obama Regime occured under any Repub Admin, the sitting POTUS would be impeached five times over already!!!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 04:26:15 PM »

If half the crap going on in the Obama Regime occured under any Repub Admin, the sitting POTUS would be impeached five times over already!!!

"When it comes to race we are a nation of cowards".
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 06:55:36 AM »

"When it comes to race we are a nation of cowards".

True, but it goes deeper than that...when it comes to standing up for Founding Principles...courage is a scarce commodity!  That makes me angry!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.