Author Topic: The inevitable distancing of Dems from OWS  (Read 2136 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: The inevitable distancing of Dems from OWS
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2011, 10:32:53 PM »
Okay, yah, Don; thanks for straightening that out.  ::saywhat::

I can, seriously, see me striding up the church aisle, bellowing "heretic! blasphemy!" and I am by no means a regular church-goer.

Some things are not holy.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 01:19:34 PM »
So I started this thread with a story about how OWS is imploding and the MSM is trying desperately to stop the hemorrhaging in popularity. So now I have this new story that seems to completely contradict the original post; claiming that the democrat party is still embracing the Occupy Movement.

I figured it might just as well go in here so we can chronicle both aspects in one thread.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/despite-attacks-dems-standing-by-occupy-wall-street/2011/11/22/gIQA7c0AlN_blog.html?wprss=plum-line

But the bottom line here is that national Dems are not flinching from defending the protests, and are clearly aligning themselves with its overall critique and its goals, despite conventional wisdom holding that doing this risks immediate political self-immolation.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2011, 01:48:37 PM »
Interesting - even if it's the wapo. Could it be that the dhimmicrats are transcending stereotype and becoming both the evil and the stupid party?

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 02:15:36 PM »
Sorry Soup - they've always been evil AND stupid I'm afraid...evil, stupid and suicidal maybe? Because embracing these Occupy clowns is a certain recipe for whole-party implosion.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.