Author Topic: Ann  (Read 2023 times)

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
Re: Ann
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 08:38:03 PM »
For others... just drop this addy into your browser window and it will pop up a little audio thing for you to listen to it. About 1/3 the way through he introduces and talks with Ann.

http://www.trunews.com/Audio/11_28_11_monday_trunews2.mp3

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 09:22:46 PM »
You know...

...the one thing that might save us is the resurgent non-green energy industry. As soon as the Dingus gets his boot off of their collective throats I think there is a good chance that it could (figuratively) explode. I was in Texas last week and there are drilling rigs everywhere. Open up offshore drilling again, unleash the North Dakota oilfield, ANWAR...all that stuff. Cheap, plentiful energy can fuel an economy under the worst of circumstances.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 09:39:25 PM »
You know...

...the one thing that might save us is the resurgent non-green energy industry. As soon as the Dingus gets his boot off of their collective throats I think there is a good chance that it could (figuratively) explode. I was in Texas last week and there are drilling rigs everywhere. Open up offshore drilling again, unleash the North Dakota oilfield, ANWAR...all that stuff. Cheap, plentiful energy can fuel an economy under the worst of circumstances.

Texas is full of shale.

O&G CEO on Kudlow said it would take no more than a year for them to bring all the rigs
in the San Francisco Bay on line.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 09:40:02 PM »
If anything is possible to get us out of this whole the Looters have dug for us, it is to harvest our natural resources like there is no tomorrow ..... or else there won't be, not the way we know it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2011, 09:47:59 PM »
If anything is possible to get us out of this whole the Looters have dug for us, it is to harvest our natural resources like there is no tomorrow ..... or else there won't be, not the way we know it.

What would happen if each State did what Alaska has done?  Is the way Alaska has their set-up done because of the pipeline?  Was it a State investment in the pipeline/contracts to have future profits; that gets distributed to the citizens of that State each year?

I'd hate for the idea to spread to the other States if it means making a private company give profits to people... but if States could invest like Alaska did.. think of the profits all around?  I'm not sure other States could copy what Alaska did though.  Can you see Massachusetts doing that?  They'd take all the money and put up 2 windmills and then charge the State 40 billion dollars.. then shrug when it didn't make a penny.

I'm just babbling/brainstorming I guess.

Just wondering what could happen if the gates were unlocked for oil exploration/recovery/production in this country.

Step #1:

Start building 20-30 new refineries. (Don't they take like 10 years to even complete once construction starts?)

Step #2:

Yank out all the regulations that are holding back common sense drilling.  Screw that black tailed darter minnow... get that oil!!

Step #3:

Refine it and use it ourselves... any -surplus- goes onto the world market. (My guess though is that we'd -give- it away to 3rd world nations as some sort of UN thing and we'd never see a penny of it and our gas prices would probably keep going up anyway).

Step #4:

Oh... before any exports.... start stocking away 10-20 years reserves.

Step #5:

Make more refineries.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 10:04:00 PM »
You know...

Cheaper energy would help, but as Ann is pointing out, the commodity and futures markets in which it is traded have become corrupt as they are used to shore up other problems in the system .  As Cramer pointed out, the system relies on Credit, and a Euro Disaster will spread and kill banking and credit world-wide.  Energy won't be enough - although it is key.  A few weeks of Oil above $120 barrel and most industries will shut down.  We are being hit on all sides and NO ONE in a leadership position, or likely to gain one is going to do anything other than try to put off the final reckoning. 

charlesoakwood

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 10:13:22 PM »

Agreed, no one in leadership now.

We still have some healthy, aggressive, who love America and
understand where we are and where real America is.  All we
need to do is elect a non-establishment candidate and we will 
be on our way.

When gNewt was asked how long would it take for the recovery
to begin he said it would begin one minute after our new president
was elected.  I agree.

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 10:15:35 PM »

Agreed, no one in leadership now.

We still have some healthy, aggressive, who love America and
understand where we are and where real America is.  All we
need to do is elect a non-establishment candidate and we will 
be on our way.

When gNewt was asked how long would it take for the recovery
to begin he said it would begin one minute after our new president
was elected.  I agree.

I'm one of the dogs that has been kicked so many times I just expect it to happen again.

I fear that no matter who we elect nothing will change.  Promises, promises.... election... in office... HA HA.. suckers !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2011, 07:43:55 AM »
Thanks for the audio link, listening to it now.

::thumbsup::

ETA - Just finished, that was good.  She didn't hold anything back in her description of Stymie!  And as far as that hope for a Junta and purging the political ranks and gutting half of government and starting over, sounds good, but it is conditional upon who is in the Junta and if we have time to do that restart given our social and economic condition, and if we are not busy fending off foreign adventurers...

That's a lot of if's...

And you know what they say about "if's & butt's"!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 09:01:53 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.