I figure she's well enough known here that she only needs her first name

Almost an hour on why she closed her business and much much more

http://www.trunews.com/listen_now.htm

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Ann
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 07:28:43 AM »
Ohh, I'll definitely have to check this out tonight!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 08:23:37 AM »
Hint, she doesn't think we'll last until Christmas

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 08:32:40 AM »
She definitely calls it like she sees it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 09:29:50 AM »
Hint, she doesn't think we'll last until Christmas

I think she is making the same mistake I did - she is over-estimating the intelligence and attention-span  of the American population.  
It won't collapse by Christmas.. they will have another "bailout" - either with printed dollars or SDRs, a combination.  And then everyone will "wait and see" some more.  They talk about it in the interview - everyone is in denial, and since the dollar works on faith, it will hold together until  that faith is really and fully shaken.  Ann is an expert- she sees this and implicitly understands the meaning - but has to explain what she does to the "layman"  - so the fear she feels at the event is not felt by those who don't live her life.  I think she is right to be scared, but this isn't an event that the common sheep understand ( do they understand anthing besides "Four legs Good! Two Legs Bad!"?)  The sheep don't want to believe it, and they will be steadfast in their faith until the inflation and hardship affect them personally.  That give the Government a lot of time before the collapse. (1 year short scale - 10 years at the outside - I m guessing 2-3 years as most probable)

This may spook others like Ann however, and more and more real money and commodities will exit - resulting in a more gradual decline rather than a crash.  The Mercantile audits the participants books - they know how fragile these houses are- and they refused to cover because they feared a cascade NOW rather than later.  Letting people read the writing on the wall allows the smart to leave ...

This will eventually snowball- but the snowball is huge - it takes a while to gain speed and move, and there is a lot of resistance to its movement.  I suspect we will see the advent of WWIII before the collapse ( by design)  - thus allowing the command and control of the populace to be imposed before the collapse requires it.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:33:59 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 10:24:57 AM »
Sounds reasonable Weisshaupt, it sounds like a warning shot right now, and the PTB's will do their usual ritual calming dance, extortion skit, gotta-do-something/anything-is-better-than-nothing scam-a-rama and in the end all they'll really do is compound the fundamental problems exponentially.  When the implosion happens, they'll be nothing anyone will be able to stop it, and it will rocket around the world and make the Great Depression seem like the good-old-days in comparison.  If you haven't begun preparing yet, ya really ought not to wait any longer.  It definitely feels like we're in the chute now, the floor dropping out seems in nevitable.  It is good to get through at least one more Christmas!  Enjoy it people, might be one of the last of the good ones!

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 11:29:22 AM »
Thanks for that explanation, Weisshaupt.

One thing for sure.
There are still a lot of sheep yet to be shorn

I suspect the total collapse will only happen when they all are

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 01:29:59 PM »
Know what? Rice is a very good product to hoard. Keep it dry and it can last years. I can get store brand 4 lb bags for $1.47. Dried beans are next after I get a sufficient amount of what can't get grown around here.

Hell, if I'm wrong, I can always eat my mistake. I have been told that gold tastes somewhat tinny.

Bon appatit!
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 02:49:58 PM »
Know what? Rice is a very good product to hoard. Keep it dry and it can last years. I can get store brand 4 lb bags for $1.47. Dried beans are next after I get a sufficient amount of what can't get grown around here.

Hell, if I'm wrong, I can always eat my mistake. I have been told that gold tastes somewhat tinny.

Bon appatit!

Don't mind that guy with a shovel following you around, he's just waiting for potty time to be over!

::laughonfloor::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 03:29:26 PM »

Bon appatit!

Very good advice. I have several sacks of rice, flour, etc. Five gallon buckets with lids are good for keeping the vermin and insects out of it.

Ammunition is always good. Where I live I can shoot food without too much effort. And firewood is abundant. And, yeah, water too.

A good store of liquor is always a good idea. So is beef jerky.

So much to do. So little time.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 04:07:48 PM »
The Ruling Class is currently still using the heroin addict strategy: postpone those withdrawal pains today by shooting some more smack. The inevitable end result is that the problem grows and grows, being temporarily allayed by continuous and increasing admission of the drug, until one day the drug is either all gone and the belated withdrawal comes with a far worse vengeance, or the amount of the drug required to continue postponing the discomfort reaches the point of overdose.

The end result is going to be rock bottom, one way or another.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline michelleo

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 04:41:45 PM »

What, you wouldn't eat the world's most expensive dessert?!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 07:12:40 PM »

Bon appatit!

That's a hell of a good buy.Thursday I will be picking up another 20 pound bag for 6.99 and vacuum pack it that will take care of any pests that might be in it and prevent any moisture problems in the future(works for beans too).
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 07:16:48 PM »

Bon appatit!

I've been hording rice and dried beans for a while now.... when in doubt.. but some more and add it to the pile.

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 07:18:30 PM »

Almost an hour on why she closed her business and much much more

http://www.trunews.com/listen_now.htm

I'm listening to it right now.. I'd never heard of Ann Barnhardt.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 07:31:22 PM »
"And this is how the Republic falls with a WHIMPER?

Not on my watch the Lord willing.

God Bless us all.                     ::praying::                 for a                 ::grouphug::               when it is all over.

Lock and Load see you in the hills. ::thumbsup::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 08:15:50 PM »

I'd never heard of Ann Barnhardt.

Delnorin, she has a bit of a following on this forum.

Her site is barnhardt.biz and has some good stuff.

She came onto the scene and gained fame with a youtube video reading excerpts of the Koran which she book marked with bacon slices.
Then she's burn the page.

She also ripped on Romney.

she's quite a girl

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 08:30:02 PM »

She came onto the scene and gained fame with a youtube video reading excerpts of the Koran which she book marked with bacon slices.

she's quite a girl

She is something. I'm listening now.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 08:31:12 PM »

she's quite a girl

She is something. I'm listening now.

How can you FFWD past the ranting revival tent preacher at the beginning.. I still haven't got to when she's talking.

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 08:32:08 PM »
Ah.. nevermind... I chose the (save) button and it brought up a scroll bar that let me FFWD.. just figured that out.