Author Topic: HotAir has open registration today  (Read 2415 times)

Offline michelleo

HotAir has open registration today
« on: December 07, 2011, 12:20:28 PM »
For anyone interested in commenting at Hotair (and potentially driving links back to our forum here  ;))  Hotair is having open registration today until 4pm Eastern.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: HotAir has open registration today
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 12:21:24 PM »
Thanks, michelleo.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 12:35:56 PM »
thank you!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 12:37:43 PM »
Well, neither my current moniker or second choice is available...dang copy cats!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 12:56:43 PM »
Well, neither my current moniker or second choice is available...dang copy cats!

hehehe

I used a variation of mine...I'm sure y'all will figure it out.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 02:07:40 PM »
In haven't got the e-mail back yet, heck I don't know if it worked or not...

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 02:22:13 PM »
crrr6

::hysterical::

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 04:44:52 PM »
crrr6

::hysterical::

To those who know, that there is some funny stuff . . .

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 12:04:29 AM »

So did anyone hear back from them?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 12:45:35 AM »
There's a thread up over there saying something about the auto-email reply server malfunctioning during the registration. Not sure what the fix is.

ETA:
I didn’t get the e-mail with my password after registering.  Have I missed the open window?

No, we had a problem with outbound e-mail during the process, but your registration still would have worked.  If you registered on the site and didn’t get your password e-mail response, drop us an e-mail on the Tips line.  If you have already e-mailed us, you don’t need to do so again; our Townhall staff is already working on the e-mail backlog from yesterday and will respond to you today.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 12:48:31 AM »
Ed Morrisey has a post up that says that it will take a while for everyone who signed up to get their verification email.

Personally, I think this is probably going to be a bad thing. The lib trolls will descend on it like maggots to fresh poop and the comments will be full of their crap for weeks or months before they get banned. I am guessing that this open registration is an idea from someone at Townhall who thinks they need more traffic at HotAir or something.

I got registered way back when Captain Ed left his own blog to begin writing there. I followed Captain's Quarters every day and that's how it happened for me. I'm still not registered at Michelle Malkin's page and I probably never will be.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 12:50:04 AM »
...I got registered way back when Captain Ed left his own blog to begin writing there. I followed Captain's Quarters every day and that's how it happened for me. I'm still not registered at Michelle Malkin's page and I probably never will be.

That's funny - I was registered at Malkin's, and carried it over to HotAir!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 05:44:03 AM »

Check your spam folder. For some reason, emails are showing up there.

(Crrr6. LMAO)
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 07:50:47 AM »

Check your spam folder. For some reason, emails are showing up there.

(Crrr6. LMAO)

No e-mail yet, spam or otherwise...

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 10:20:17 AM »
Looks like they closed the registration at some point prior to 11AMm Eastern.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 11:23:23 AM »
Update III: Registration has now been closed.  However, we are working on e-mail issues for many who did register but didn’t get a password in return, so be patient; our staff is working through these and will resolve them.  We will have another open registration in the near future, so if you missed it today, just keep your eyes peeled!

Whatever...

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 11:45:14 AM »
Update III: Registration has now been closed.  However, we are working on e-mail issues for many who did register but didn’t get a password in return, so be patient; our staff is working through these and will resolve them.  We will have another open registration in the near future, so if you missed it today, just keep your eyes peeled!

Whatever...

Snooze you lose  ::pokeineye::

Actually whatever is appropriate cuz it's no big deal - I just signed up so as to keep my options open. I don't really care for their posting format because it precludes context-based posting - unless you manually copy text for a quote your responsive post can (and often does) get lost in the mix. That means you can't really carry on a conversation or debate someone - just offer one-liners.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 11:55:54 AM »

Whatever...

Snooze you lose  ::pokeineye::

Actually whatever is appropriate cuz it's no big deal - I just signed up so as to keep my options open. I don't really care for their posting format because it precludes context-based posting - unless you manually copy text for a quote your responsive post can (and often does) get lost in the mix. That means you can't really carry on a conversation or debate someone - just offer one-liners.

Yeah, I don't really care either, when their posters go stale, they'll open up again.  Seriously, the argument for closed membership eludes me, the only reason that makes any sense is they just don't want to have to police a larger herd.

I am not as drawn to their site as I used to be anyway, so...

Whatever...

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 12:11:45 PM »
I don't really care for their posting format because it precludes context-based posting - unless you manually copy text for a quote your responsive post can (and often does) get lost in the mix. That means you can't really carry on a conversation or debate someone - just offer one-liners.

Yeah, but BAS digs his one-liners.
--------------

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 01:08:17 PM »
Just got my password reset email.

I've never actually gone to that site before.