Author Topic: Lawmakers Blast Administration For Calling Fort Hood Massacre 'Workplace Violenc  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
I'll never understate how malevolent I consider the Øbongo regime to be.

Fort Hood was "workplace violence"? What, and Pearl Harbor was a road rage incident?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/06/military-growing-terrorist-target-lawmakers-warn/

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
And 9/11 was an Aerial accident. ::bashing:: ::cussing:: ::rockets::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes

Aerial accident incident

Accident implies it could have been prevented....
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
The Ft. Hood Massacre
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 05:17:57 PM »
Has been declared as "Workplace Violence". ::gaah::

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/06/military-growing-terrorist-target-lawmakers-warn/

Sen. Susan Collins on Wednesday blasted the Defense Department for classifying the Fort Hood massacre as workplace violence and suggested political correctness is being placed above the security of the nation's Armed Forces at home.

During a joint session of the Senate and House Homeland Security Committee on Wednesday, the Maine Republican referenced a letter from the Defense Department depicting the Fort Hood shootings as workplace violence. She criticized the Obama administration for failing to identify the threat as radical Islam.

Thirteen people were killed and dozens more wounded at Fort Hood in 2009, and the number of alleged plots targeting the military has grown significantly since then. Lawmakers said there have been 33 plots against the U.S. military since Sept. 11, 2001, and 70 percent of those threats have been since mid-2009.  Major Nidal Hasan, a former Army psychiatrist, who is being held for the attacks, allegedly was inspired by radical U.S.-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, who was killed in a U.S. drone strike in Yemen in late September. The two men exchanged as many as 20 emails, according to U.S. officials, and Awlaki declared Hasan a hero.

Will this crap EVER end???
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  Collins must be up for re-election otherwise she would be fine with the statement.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty

Aerial accident incident

Accident implies it could have been prevented....

I stand corrected. ::gaah::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: The Ft. Hood Massacre
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 07:19:39 PM »
Merging with previous thread.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: The Ft. Hood Massacre
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 03:46:58 AM »
Has been declared as "Workplace Violence". ::gaah::

Sen. Susan Collins on Wednesday blasted the Defense Department for classifying the Fort Hood massacre as workplace violence and suggested political correctness is being placed above the security of the nation's Armed Forces at home.

During a joint session of the Senate and House Homeland Security Committee on Wednesday, the Maine Republican referenced a letter from the Defense Department depicting the Fort Hood shootings as workplace violence. She criticized the Obama administration for failing to identify the threat as radical Islam.

Thirteen people were killed and dozens more wounded at Fort Hood in 2009, and the number of alleged plots targeting the military has grown significantly since then. Lawmakers said there have been 33 plots against the U.S. military since Sept. 11, 2001, and 70 percent of those threats have been since mid-2009.  Major Nidal Hasan, a former Army psychiatrist, who is being held for the attacks, allegedly was inspired by radical U.S.-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, who was killed in a U.S. drone strike in Yemen in late September. The two men exchanged as many as 20 emails, according to U.S. officials, and Awlaki declared Hasan a hero.

Will this crap EVER end???

After a thorough investigation by the NLRB .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I'd like to see some Vigilante Oversight of the Executive Bunch!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Paging General Mapache, General Mapache to the front please.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
I can't write what I think about this; I'd have to ban myself.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Heh, I get a lot of those moments.  Don't fret dear, we'll demand you be kept on!

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero

Paging General Mapache, General Mapache to the front please.

Mr. Bishop , your party is waiting at the concierge desk .
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:56:58 PM by Sectionhand »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
The act needs to be classified in some manner.  In line with the following, "workplace violence" is the only fallback once references to islamic terrorism are removed:

Deputy U.S. Attorney General James Cole confirmed on Wednesday that the Obama administration was pulling back all training materials used for the law enforcement and national security communities, in order to eliminate all references to Islam that some Muslim groups have claimed are offensive.

“I recently directed all components of the Department of Justice to re-evaluate their training efforts in a range of areas, from community outreach to national security,” Cole told a panel at the George Washington University law school.

The move comes after complaints from advocacy organizations including the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) and others identified as Muslim Brotherhood front groups in the 2004 Holy Land Foundation terror fundraising trial.

In a Wednesday Los Angeles Times op-ed, Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC) president Salam al-Marayati threatened the FBI with a total cutoff of cooperation between American Muslims and law enforcement if the agency failed to revise its law enforcement training materials.

Maintaining the training materials in their current state “will undermine the relationship between law enforcement and the Muslim American community,” al-Marayati wrote.

Multiple online sources detail MPAC’s close alignment with CAIR.

In his op-ed, Al-Marayati demanded that the Justice Department and the FBI “issue a clear and unequivocal apology to the Muslim American community” and “establish a thorough and transparent vetting process in selecting its trainers and materials.”

Specifically, al-Marayati called for a new “interagency task force” to review the training materials — a task force including representatives of the Islamist organizations the FBI is tasked with monitoring.

Some believe the Obama administration’s Justice Department will go even further.

“The Attorney General has announced what sounds like reprogramming if they find people who have actually received training” that Islamist groups find objectionable, Center for Security Policy president Frank Gaffney told The Daily Caller. Gaffney is co-author of a report, published by the Center, titled “Sharia: The Threat to America.”

Dwight C. Holton, the U.S. Attorney in Oregon said he had spoken with Holder directly about the issue of the terror training materials. Holton is the federal prosecutor who announced the arrest of so-called “Christmas tree bomber” Mohamed Osman Mohamud in 2010. That announcement made no mention of Mohamud’s Muslim faith.

“I want to be perfectly clear about this: training materials that portray Islam as a religion of violence or with a tendency towards violence are wrong, they are offensive, and they are contrary to everything that this president, this attorney general and Department of Justice stands for,” Holton said Wednesday. “They will not be tolerated.”

Such training materials “pose a significant threat to national security, because they play into the false narrative propagated by terrorists that the United States is at war with Islam,” he added.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/21/obama-administration-pulls-references-to-islam-from-terror-training-materials-official-says/#ixzz1g49qFDLH

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I am at war with Isslam.  Clear enough?  My countrymen should feel the same if they have half a freakin' brain!

charlesoakwood

Over there they ranted, I didn't care, they were there and I was here.
Then they blew a hole in the basement of the Twin Towers.
Then they blew a hole in the Cole and killed my countrymen.
Then they flew into the Twin Towers and killed 3,000, shouting Allah Akbar.

They have declared war upon us.  They want to kill us. 
We will either mount our best defense or we will perish.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!

Over there they ranted, I didn't care, they were there and I was here.
Then they blew a hole in the basement of the Twin Towers.
Then they blew a hole in the Cole and killed my countrymen.
Then they flew into the Twin Towers and killed 3,000, shouting Allah Akbar.

They have declared war upon us.  They want to kill us. 
We will either mount our best defense or we will perish.

As long as we fight wars with "Rules Of Engagement" we will lose!! When we decide that our best defense is a high altitude bombing run that flattens cities off the map and make screwing with us so effing horrific that just the thought of it bring on nightmares we will be getting messed with.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
By any means necessary!  Bombings, invasion...and ridding ourselves of the rot within!