Author Topic: Dollar Being Isolated  (Read 44199 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
Re: Dollar Being Isolated
« Reply #160 on: January 01, 2022, 04:26:56 PM »

Every time the US sanctions some country they provide one more incentive to work around the dollar. I lose track of all the countries we sanction. The US has been threatening to remove Russia from SWIFT for a long time. That means Russia has been planning to create their alternative to SWIFT for a long time.

Russia wanted to be part of Europe and even wanted to join NATO at one point. Instead the US forced them into their second choice relationship with China. I recall they trade each other not using dollars now. Countries that used to trade mostly with the US now do so with China. If Russia and China use their own version of SWIFT they might try to trade with the rest of the world not using dollars.

When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2022, 12:09:59 PM »
As I stated in Ukraine thread...peace was missed under Clinton...and Czarist Russia acting like Soviet Russia and corrupt Deep-state America of today will never see eye to eye.

And the idiots here are doing more on their own to destroy the dollar than sanctions could ever hope to achieve...it's just another factor...

If Russia de-coupled from Iran and Syria maybe...

If America engaged in like kind maybe...

See either of those happening?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2022, 08:29:23 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/dollar-dumped-after-soaring-cpi-crypto-crude-jump

Greenback took a beating...probably not as bad as the beating FJB continues to enjoy...but the boxed-in Fed, the crackhead Congress spendaholics untamed, Team FJB making one dumb move after another...there is enough bad baked into everything that even a lifting of plandemic scarathon (how the frack does that work for power-mad lunatics?) and a re-opening of America is likely to keep the dollar battered, inflation locked-in if not higher...and prospects no brighter than when the Fedsurrection began...

Even GS traders are expecting more bad news, and heck, they on the inside...

Let's see the T shorts activity over the coming weeks...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2022, 09:31:32 AM »
Not surprising...

https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/russias-ministry-finance-submits-bitcoin-bill-proposal

A dollar and sanctions dodge...

But, requiring "knowledge tests"?  "Annual 'limits' for people"?  Sounds like Vlad wants this in hands of business and oligarchs with "people" just riding along for the ride.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #164 on: April 03, 2022, 12:00:03 PM »
OK, here's where the BS starts to fly so fast and furious it is hard to keep up with it all, just triggers a freakin' headache when these Russophiles get a raging one and run wild with it...

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/paradigm-shift-western-media-hasnt-grasped-yet-russian-ruble-relaunched-linked-gold-and

Logic points somebody can try to reconcile for me:

If Rus bank selling gold stabilizes Ruble downside with gold-linked dollar...they have to sell said gold, right?  So, if selling gold...their gold-backed Ruble scheme discussed downstream is weakened if their reserves are depleted through Ruble-supporting sales...yet, as if by magic that is solved by getting gold for oil and gas exports...which would have to come primarily from China and India as they have been loading up on gold too, but their reserves are not inexhaustible either and the depletion would hurt their fiat schemes too...and Euro's cannot pay in gold without incurring wrath from America and also faces limited reserves...so exactly how is this shell game to work both directions for Russia???

Seems to me this is just a lot of Russophile premature speculation...wanting something to be that isn't quite there merely because they so desperately have been lusting for it for decades...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #165 on: April 06, 2022, 12:12:37 PM »
Here's where the games reach childish levels...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russia-sends-650-million-bond-payment-rubles-after-us-treasury-blocks-dollar

...not allowed to pay in Rubles...banned from paying in allowed Dollars...

...everybody gets what they want...Sanction-lovers see Russia default...Russia blames big bad America...

...nice to be so cavalier about serious things, innit?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2022, 12:27:40 PM »
Well, isn't this just fascinating?!

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/new-gold-standard-kremlin-confirms-intention-back-ruble-gold-and-commodities

None of this is new.  Russia's Chi-Com allies have long sought to displace the dollar as the worlds reserve currency...but the Yuan is not the ideal vehicle and the Communist Masters not the right managers the majority of the world would accept.  I believe the Chi-Com's allowed the Russian state to take a lead in this...which given the Ukraine invasion is curious now...but in pre-invasion terms there was less distrust of Russia than China in a global sense...now, they are appearing not all that different from the ambitious Communists. 

Anyway, so plow ahead with a commodities-based Ruble...but even the fella interviewed (more on that chap in a bit) admits initially this is an "internal" launch.  There's a lot that has to happen to create even limited utilization in international commerce terms, and much of that pending conclusion of the Ukraine affair.  But, expectations of the Ruble as the new world reserve currency is very premature...and if in a post-Ukraine world it occurs in the next decade...I predict if it is successfully rolled out to the world...the Russians won't have to worry about the Dollar and America...but the Yuan and the jealous Communist Chinese, whose larger GDP (assuming things return to a pre-scamdemic/pre-Ukraine normalcy) will overtake Russia's Ruble.

And America, unless collapsed and ruined...would still be around as would the Dollar, even if weakened and battered...because none of the other surviving partners would be in any better position.  So, a bifurcated system seems highly likely.

Now, to the most interesting part...this all spilling out of the person of Nikolai Patrushev, Secretary of the Russian Security Council...the man I hold accountable for the disappearance of Defense Minister Shoigu...

It seems to me, Niko's rise...blessed honestly or by intimidation by Putin, seems to have elevated this hardliner of hardliners to a position second in actual power to only Putin himself...and I cannot say this bodes well for the future of the planet.  If his increased stature is blessed by Putin he is the heir-apparent to the expanding Rus Empire...if it is being driven by him Putin's days could be numbered.  Being no fan-boy of Putin...Patrushev replacing him elevates my concern ten-fold.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2022, 09:26:13 AM »
They need all hands on deck to have a chance...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/china-and-russia-want-replace-us-dollar-brics-currencies

...not a one is without economic weaknesses, political corruption or societal turmoil...and hilariously enough Russia may be the most stable...but how likely is China to play second fiddle and the rest won't jockey for position?  Not very...

And even if they get all their poop in a group...the combination may be on par with the US...and as I stated in earlier posts...the hapless Euro's are on the outside of all this...

Leaving two questions:  1) Will the US stupidly keep trying to keep the Euro's afloat at risk of being sucked into 2nd or 3rd world status themselves?  (I see only a corrupt Demscat/Cuck government being that stupid) and 2) Can the US nationalize crypto fast enough before the BRICS basket of fiat comes online? 

As discussed here - http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,18873.0.html

(I think I lean towards 50-50 on that call)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2022, 10:32:57 AM »
Maybe if they tied it to some sort of gold standard, it could take off?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2022, 12:09:23 PM »
Someone who isn't gaming their markets?

https://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,913.msg197870/topicseen.html#msg197870

The speculation has always been that these nations collectively or concurrently would link to gold...Russia, China, South Africa and India have always been producers and holders of the shiny barbaric relic...

They would need a mechanism to mitigate non-BRICS market manipulations impacting them, means cutting off from the rest of the world...that bifurcation of markets could prove interesting...and would take more time to put into place...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2022, 03:32:19 PM »

I read somewhere that it might be based on a basket of commodities, not just gold.
IMO the US kicked this off big time by freezing Russian central bank assets which were located in the US. Other countries are afraid they might be next as the US loves to sanction other countries. Russia showed that countries can survive off SWIFT.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2022, 04:20:36 PM »

I read somewhere that it might be based on a basket of commodities, not just gold.
IMO the US kicked this off big time by freezing Russian central bank assets which were located in the US. Other countries are afraid they might be next as the US loves to sanction other countries. Russia showed that countries can survive off SWIFT.

Yes, their initial thought was a basket...but gold was just a portion...I don't think a final decision is anywhere near yet.  And it was coming regardless of what Euro fools or the illegitimate occupation government did...if anything their actions merely sped up the timetable/called their bluff...depending whatever point of view fills your jib...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2022, 05:48:48 PM »

Yes, their initial thought was a basket...but gold was just a portion...I don't think a final decision is anywhere near yet.  And it was coming regardless of what Euro fools or the illegitimate occupation government did...if anything their actions merely sped up the timetable/called their bluff...depending whatever point of view fills your jib...

IMO The US actions sped it up.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #173 on: July 13, 2022, 08:00:29 AM »

IMO The US actions sped it up.

And now the bifurcation can commence...

Funny, I wonder if this was part of the hidden script behind Firefly and the exodus from the dystopian Earth?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #174 on: July 15, 2022, 12:44:24 PM »
This will accelerate the bifurcation...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/preparing-apply-membership-saudi-arabia-turkey-brics-plan-join-brics

...going to be hilarious seeing how the relationship with Turkey evolves and if they stay in NATO...or are spurned membership in BIRCS unless they bail on NATO...

...and the Saudi's are obviously interested in moving beyond the US, which is interesting given Russia and China especially have heavy dealings with the Mahdi Death Cult running Iran and the Saudi's are threatened by the Cult...

...lot of horse-trading yet to come...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #175 on: October 26, 2022, 08:30:44 AM »
Fresh off consolidating power Xi dumps dollars...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/chinas-yuan-soars-most-record-after-beijing-orders-banks-dump-dollars

It'll all be fine, in Xi World, once Taiwan is invaded...nothing like war to reinvigorate an economy in need.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #176 on: October 26, 2022, 10:33:58 AM »
According to Carol Roth, many Western countries are "dumping" their gold, including the US.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #177 on: October 26, 2022, 11:45:40 AM »
The desperate sell, this wise buy...

Russia, China & India are always on the latter...the West mostly on the former...

On the dollar front -

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/roubini-warns-imminent-dollar-crash-fed-going-wimp-out-inflation-fight

...it seems a bit too easy to peg The Fed as a bunch of gutless fools...but it's easy because it is true...

...the corner they backed themselves into was backed into on purpose...they fear all exits...and they cannot solve for A - Z...the right move is the most unpopular for gutless creatures, taking your medicine and admitting your past mistakes led you to this pain and falling on your sword once the beast has been slain...something their counterparts on the fiscal end of this nightmare and their chronic overspending hath wrought with the ghastly debt situation...

...but this is the era of gutless cowards...when it all hits the fan...they'll try to escape to their isolated retreats and bunkers...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 11:53:35 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #178 on: November 13, 2022, 10:39:05 AM »
I'm really hating being right!!!   ::outrage::   ::cussing::   ::gaah::

After yet another corrupt "election" cycle treasonously funded by yet another criminal scheme...it appears the latter is giving totalitarians a bonus excuse to outlaw private crypto, just as I said the would as an initial move to have government move to convert fiat to crypto...as the ONLY legal currency one can ever have!

Viola!  I give you the nefarious Janet Yellen!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/11/go-janet-yellen-calls-crypto-regulated-biden-mega-donor-collapses-multi-billion-dollar-crypto-ponzi-scheme/

Regulate, exterminate...and government remains the only game in town.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #179 on: January 18, 2023, 09:08:40 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/iran-and-russia-want-issue-stablecoin-backed-gold-report

Uhh huh...keep hearing this but never see this...

When?

Who?

Where?

How?  Like who's gold?  People have to physically deposit in each others vaults or we talking paper gold promises?

Details Ivan & Achmed...details!