Author Topic: Christian Group Can't Bar Same-Sex Ceremony on NJ Property  (Read 1601 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

Re: Christian Group Can't Bar Same-Sex Ceremony on NJ Property
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 12:51:06 PM »

Hey Christie, jump in and stop this from happening.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 01:18:22 PM »

He will just as soon as he finishes the buffet.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 01:32:31 PM »

He will just as soon as he finishes the buffet.

A man's got to have his priorities!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 01:41:36 PM »
It's edicts like this that are gonna have to be defied with the support of states, if the rogue judiciary and/or bureaucracies are ever going to have their assumed authority challenged.

The governor is in charge of the top law enforcement officer in the state. Tell the people to go ahead and deny the homosexuals marriage on their property, and then tell the judiciary that if they have a problem, take it up with the governor's office. If it goes to the federal court, tell them that the edict is not recognized as lawful.

But I seriously doubt whether Chris Christie will expend political capital of that nature on a social-con cause like this.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 04:28:26 PM »
I do wonder at how few people actually realize how the Federal government, through the Civil Rights Act, has turned the Constitution on its head, by arrogating to itself the "authority" to discriminate against certain groups, and does so, despite the Amendment prohibiting that by asserting the people's rights to equal treatment under the law, AND simultaneously abrogates people's rights to free association and religious freedom.

Think on that for a moment.  The Act was intended to prevent governments from discriminating on the basis of race and it now protects the governments' discriminating on the basis of race and prohibits the people from dealing with whom and how they choose.

Furthermore, some of the detail here rang a bell for me:

A New Jersey high school with a 70-year tradition of hosting graduation ceremonies in a historic auditorium is standing firm against legal threats from the American Civil Liberties Union, which claims the event violates the separation of church and state because of the Christian-owned site's religious displays.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/17/aclu-threatens-legal-action-nj-high-school-amendment-dispute/#ixzz1kK5Tmg4O

Am I reading all of this wrong, or do these friggin totalitarians want it both ways?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 05:13:38 PM »

Am I reading all of this wrong, or do these friggin totalitarians want it both ways?

Ah, they want it their "way" which is any way they can stick it to us.  So they require no logic or reason.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 07:20:24 AM »

Ah, they want it their "way" which is any way they can stick it to us.  So they require no logic or reason.

They only require "feelings". 

OK leftnut's, here's some "feelings" for you!  Disgust, hatred!  Want me to act them out like you do all the time?  Hmmm?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 12:14:27 PM »

They only require "feelings". 

They haven't progressed beyond the feelings they expressed as infants when they were hungry or pooped.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 01:39:35 PM »
It's edicts like this that are gonna have to be defied with the support of states, if the rogue judiciary and/or bureaucracies are ever going to have their assumed authority challenged.

The governor is in charge of the top law enforcement officer in the state. Tell the people to go ahead and deny the homosexuals marriage on their property, and then tell the judiciary that if they have a problem, take it up with the governor's office. If it goes to the federal court, tell them that the edict is not recognized as lawful.

But I seriously doubt whether Chris Christie will expend political capital of that nature on a social-con cause like this.

Christie ought to step in.  The owners of this facility have been harassed twice now.  The ACLU tried to stop the high school graduation on the canard of "separation of church and state" and the court is now disregarding THE SAME facility's religious connection.

It's enough to make yer head spin.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 06:46:05 PM »

$5 says he does nothing (too busy shilling for mittens).

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 06:51:00 PM »
While we're on the subject.....

Washington state legislature is poised to pass a homo-marriage bill. Fraudoire (the faux-governor) is anxious to shove it up our collective butts. Despite the fact that the vast majority of state citizens expressly do not want it (they went ballistic over the "domestic partners bullcrap a couple of years back).

You know (I know) that forcing us to accept degenerate homos is right around the corner.

I'm so happy I could retch.  ::gaah::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 07:19:33 AM »
Jeez, 'Soup, Washington get too many libnut refugees from CA & OR  or what?  No chance of turning that legislature over?  No recall provision to get Gov Goofy out?  I guess we are fortunate here in Minnie to have Repub's controlling legislature to prevent the worst Gov. Dayton has to offer!  Sounds like you have no speedbumps at all!

::speechless::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.