Author Topic: General harrassed into withdrawing from West Point prayer breakfast  (Read 1281 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
A retired U.S. lieutenant general who made comments some consider disparaging to Islam withdrew Monday from speaking at a West Point prayer breakfast after a progressive veterans’ advocacy group — VoteVets.org — along with the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) asked the Army chief of staff to rescind the invitation.

Last week The Blaze reported VoteVets.org told Gen. Raymond Odierno in a letter that allowing retired Lt. Gen. William G. Boykin to speak at West Point next week would be anathema to Army values and disrespectful to Muslim cadets.

According to the Associate Press, late Monday afternoon, West Point issued a statement saying Boykin had decided to withdraw speaking at the Feb. 8 event and that another speaker would take his place.

For its part, CAIR is celebrating the outcome.

“We welcome Mr. Boykin’s withdrawal from this event and hope that the speaker who replaces him will offer cadets a spiritual message that promotes tolerance and mutual understanding,” CAIR National Executive Director Nihad Awad said in a press release.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/update-cair-applauds-west-point-prayer-breakfast-withdrawal-of-general-critical-of-islam/
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: General harrassed into withdrawing from West Point prayer breakfast
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 07:35:37 AM »
" Mr. Boykin's withdrawal " ? Not referring to him as "General Boykin" shows a distinct lack of respect ... from this pack of Islamic scum .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 08:11:14 AM »
"disrespectful to Muslim cadets"

Therein lies the problem...we should not have any of this cultist filth in our military, period!

Might as well open up to Godless ChiCom's, Peyote-munching natives and whatever other underrepresented deviants lurking about!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 08:42:50 AM »
"disrespectful to Muslim cadets"

Therein lies the problem...we should not have any of this cultist filth in our military, period!

Might as well open up to Godless ChiCom's, Peyote-munching natives and whatever other underrepresented deviants lurking about!

::gaah::

Apparently, we already have.  From the comments:

TXPilot
Posted on January 30, 2012 at 11:26pm

Well people, if you ever needed a really good indication of just how screwed we are as a country, take a look at what was once our finest military institution, which is now transforming into a politically correct sanctuary for Muslims, and the stink of evil that always follows. Oh, and over at the Air Force Academy, they have pagans and witches openly hosting ceremonies on base…….so, not much hope to be found for the future there either.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 11:49:32 AM »
Damn, I forgot about Colorado Springs!  I do recall that story now.

We are doomed, we should be taking to the streets any day now...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 12:58:32 PM »

We're not doomed but we do have our work cut out for us.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 06:29:38 PM »
  Why would he ever even consider backing out? He can't have much of a religious background. This comparing apples and cantaloupes  Christians and muslims?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 09:49:34 PM »
  Why would he ever even consider backing out? He can't have much of a religious background. This comparing apples and cantaloupes  Christians and muslims?

Apparently, he does.  From the link:

Boykin, an ordained minister who speaks around the country ...

He knows exactly what he's talking about -- the politically incorrect Truth.