Author Topic: Chevy Volt - the car they HAD to build  (Read 1699 times)

Offline michelleo

Chevy Volt - the car they HAD to build
« on: February 02, 2012, 09:03:18 AM »
via theGatewayPundit

A new Chevy Volt ad is out:

Volt | Morning in Hamtramck

It's the car they HAD to build under government coersion.  And soon it will be the car that you HAVE to buy.....or else.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Chevy Volt - the car they HAD to build
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 10:38:04 AM »
Your thread causes me to think of the other thread 'round here discussing stupid cards and their stupid drivers because this morning I finally saw a "Smart Car".  "WHAAT! the hell is THAT?"

An asinine piece of dangerous crap.

If Obamacare gets the USSC's okay, there's no telling, including car-buying, what they'll mandate next.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 10:47:32 AM »
I don't believe it's possible that the double entendre contained in that ad is accidental. Somebody did it on purpose, for reasons I can only begin to imagine.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline michelleo

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 12:06:48 PM »
Your thread causes me to think of the other thread 'round here discussing stupid cards and their stupid drivers because this morning I finally saw a "Smart Car".  "WHAAT! the hell is THAT?"

If Obamacare gets the USSC's okay, there's no telling, including car-buying, what they'll mandate next.

We've conditioned the kids to laugh hysterically any time we pass one of those on the road.  We call them "smert" cars.  It's amazing how oblivious the drivers and passengers seem to be when they are clearly watching my kids pointing and laughing at them.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 01:20:17 PM »
This is the car America wants to buy.....barack told me so.....

In Tennessee, we have a Nissan plant and if you buy a Nissan Leaf, you receive some sort of 2500.00 tax credit. The credit is now extended to the Volt. no one id buying either here. I believe I read sales were "lagging".....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 01:37:39 PM »
This is the car America wants to buy.....barack told me so.....

In Tennessee, we have a Nissan plant and if you buy a Nissan Leaf, you receive some sort of 2500.00 tax credit. The credit is now extended to the Volt. no one id buying either here. I believe I read sales were "lagging".....

Perhaps the subsidy is not enough. Perhaps if they increased taxes on burrows and mules, sales of electric cars would show some more encouraging signs.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 01:38:21 PM »
And on bicycles.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 02:03:01 PM »

We've conditioned the kids to laugh hysterically any time we pass one of those on the road.  We call them "smert" cars.  It's amazing how oblivious the drivers and passengers seem to be when they are clearly watching my kids pointing and laughing at them.

Oh my gosh, whenever we see one of the 5 that exist in our neck of the woods, my youngest begins her tirade about "dumb" cars.  She's good for 10-15 minutes of enertainment.

People who drive those might as well have a sign that says I'm an ass and I need this car to make me feel better about myself..and I don'r care if I die doing it.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 03:22:20 PM »

Hey Buddy, let's put that up in the bed and I'll get you there safe.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 04:32:43 PM »
Oh my gosh, whenever we see one of the 5 that exist in our neck of the woods, my youngest begins her tirade about "dumb" cars.  She's good for 10-15 minutes of enertainment.

People who drive those might as well have a sign that says I'm an ass and I need this car to make me feel better about myself..and I don'r care if I die doing it.

Well the sad thing is they are only SMART  in europe.  The U.S. regulations prevent them from being light enough and the diesel engine in Europe can't pass regualtory muster here, so they use a gas engine... giving you the American Smert car.  IN Europe you can get 60-80 mph on the diesel.  In America you arelucky to get 40 mpg, and my 2000 Saturn LS (with 4 seats! and trunk!)  gets that.  Of course, I am not pricing in the cost of being a smug liberal A-hole who is oblivious to math and reality. .

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 04:44:35 PM »
Digressing: In Europe one may purchase a diesel Honda, Toyota, VW, and probably others.
If those manufacturers such as Toyota and Honda could sell their diesels here it would
drive up competition and lower the initial cost.  

I like diesels, you run 'em and change the oil and run 'em harder.  They love it.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 05:02:25 PM »
  Of course, I am not pricing in the cost of being a smug liberal A-hole who is oblivious to math and reality. .

::hysterical::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 03:26:05 AM »

It's the car they HAD to build under government coersion.  And soon it will be the car that you HAVE to buy.....or else.

Can anyone say "Trabant" ?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 07:26:28 AM »

Can anyone say "Trabant" ?

::hysterical::

No, but I can say "yeb vas"!!!

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 07:47:48 AM »
Chevy Volt: The Electric Edsel

OK for the youngsters, google Edsel
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 08:30:44 AM »

Speaking of youngsters, one of the young guys in Gunsmith's shop had no-way no-how clue who Telly Savalas was.

We're watching another group of young people behave as though history began the day they were born.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 08:38:54 AM »

Speaking of youngsters, one of the young guys in Gunsmith's shop had no-way no-how clue who Telly Savalas was.

We're watching another group of young people behave as though history began the day they were born.

Suckers.....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.