Author Topic: CPAC  (Read 1564 times)

charlesoakwood

CPAC
« on: February 10, 2012, 01:08:57 AM »

Somehow the coming of CPAC escaped attention. I read that favorite Marco Rubio did a
stem winder of a speech, I'm looking for it.  In the meantime here's a place marker
so called ignorant rube.  But he sure is slick the way he hid those teleprompters.

A great speech from Rick Perry on what America is about that’s sure to spawn some of you to think “what might have been”. He even has a great line on the Chrysler ad “it’s halftime in America”:

“If it’s halftime in America, I’m fearful of what the final score’s gonna be if we let this president start the second half as the quarterback!”

Here’s the full speech:  http://www.therightscoop.com/full-speech-rick-perry-at-cpac-2012/

ETA: Here is the schedule. You may need to use the search device to find the day or the specific
you are looking for.  They didn't even designate AM or PM but it's all there if there is someone
in particular you are looking for.  I can't wait for Ann Coulter's speech.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:55:13 AM by Charles Oakwood »

charlesoakwood

Re: CPAC
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 01:17:19 AM »

Here is the audio of Marco Rubio CPAC 2012

Marco Rubio CPAC 2012

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 01:23:11 AM »

It appears CPAC is just kicking off.
Here are some hints and tips from
the distinctive Washington Post.

What to watch for at CPAC 2012

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 01:26:42 AM »

Full Speech: Paul Ryan at CPAC 2012
Posted by The Right Scoop The Right Scoop on February 9th, 2012 in Politics | 11 Comments

Paul Ryan gave a great speech tonight before a large crowd at the Presidential Banquet at CPAC:

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 07:35:18 AM »
I really like Ryan, I wish we could clone 535 copies of him and take the whole shootin' match over!  I'm still mad as hell over how the GOP futtbucked him last summer!

::outrage::

I like Santorum's speech yesterday going after Romney too!

http://www.nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/energized-santorum-unloads-on-romney-s-gotcha-politics--20120209

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 10:38:54 AM »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 11:29:53 AM »
Cool, I'll have to dial in Saturday for sure!

http://cpac2012.conservative.org/
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 12:40:48 PM »
Here's a link to the video of Rubio's speech

A man like this guy is what America needs. This is perhaps the best speech I've heard anyone give since Palin's speech at the '08 convention.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:44:01 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 10:06:57 PM »
Can't find it on youtube but here is a link to Romney's CPAC speech where apparently the highlight is where he refers to himself as a "severely conservative governor."

Was that off-the-cuff or was that actually on the teleprompter? In other words, did he actually plan to say, "severely conservative." Perhaps he should have thrown in a few more bizarre adverbs to describe conservatism such as, "alarmingly conservative" or "disturbingly conservative" or "frighteningly conservative." Why not say, "sickeningly conservative?" Or just cut right to chase and say, "I was the most kick ass, bitching conservative governor that Massachusetts has ever seen and if you don't believe me you can kiss my ass."

This turn of a phrase is Romney trying to be hip and cool...it's as if he was trying to do something like this with the concept of conservatism.

I almost expect him to start his next series of stump speeches with, "Conservatism, Fu*k Yeah!"

Yeah, that'll work.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 10:34:42 PM »
Jay Leno had the best line about the halftime commercial.........

Yeah, it's halftime, but china has the ball first in the 2nd half and are up 16 trillion.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 10:51:56 PM »

He's conservatism's worst enemy.  He has no academic or functional knowledge of conservatism;
therefore, he cannot articulate conservatism. He does more damage to it and gives the media 
entree to damage it more with every breath he speaks of conservatism.  He is severely mediocre.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 12:39:54 AM »
Erick Erickson on the severely, stupendously, humungous conservative.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 03:11:46 AM »

He's conservatism's worst enemy.  He has no academic or functional knowledge of conservatism;
therefore, he cannot articulate conservatism. He does more damage to it and gives the media 
entree to damage it more with every breath he speaks of conservatism.  He is severely mediocre.

A question , C.O. ... From whence comes "academic ... knowledge of conservatism" ? It's not taught in any college I attended . In fact most academics I know avoid the subject like the plague unless they're criticizing it . Just a thought .

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 10:24:10 AM »

A question , C.O. ... From whence comes "academic ... knowledge of conservatism" ? It's not taught in any college I attended . In fact most academics I know avoid the subject like the plague unless they're criticizing it . Just a thought .

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/academic

5. conforming to set rules, standards, or traditions; conventional: academic painting

??
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 10:55:55 AM »

Me either.  My daughters did though.   ::danceban::  Hillsdale

They don't specifically teach conservatism.  There's no one class on conservative ideals (unless you want to point to the class on the Constitution, Western Literature, etc) but it's there in every class.   
"The College considers itself a trustee of modern man's intellectual and spiritual inheritance from the Judeo-Christian faith and Greco-Roman culture, a heritage finding its clearest expression in the American experiment of self-government under law."
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 02:54:03 AM »

Academic: Pan, thanks for the defense but it was an incorrect wording.   Can't come up with the word for assimilating knowledge whether in academia or outside.  Where did Sowell and Paul and Walter Williams receive their knowledge?
Wherever or however he's not assimilated or even tried to assimilate Austrian economics nor intellectually
pursued  understanding the Constitution and no study of the Federalist papers or other writings of the founding fathers.

But, I came to bring Sarah Palin.  
Some have said she's lost her big mo', she's now a second tier.
Judging from the size of the crowd and the cheers I think she's
still a force to be reckoned with.  She, like Breitbart, knows
when to play her cards.

Sarah Palin aimed her rhetorical guns at Barack Obama and didn’t stop throughout the entire speech, talking about Obama’s failure of leadership on entitlements and unemployment and his twisted priorities in cutting military spending but nowhere else.

http://www.therightscoop.com/full-speech-sarah-palin-at-cpac-2012/

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 02:57:54 AM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 03:11:58 AM »

Academic:  Where did Sowell and Paul and Walter Williams receive their knowledge?

They read the facts and used their common sense ... a process liberals eschew .

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 06:36:52 AM »
I think those mentioned were raised that way.Those values were instilled in them
Romney was  raised a Patrician.

His father was a lib and those are the values he received

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 11:55:33 AM »
Check this one out!  She's ON FIRE!!

Ann McElhinney - CPAC 2012

H/T Nina
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 01:15:33 PM »
That was fun.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."