Author Topic: Michigan Santorum/Romney Tiff  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Michigan Santorum/Romney Tiff
« on: February 28, 2012, 11:53:21 AM »
 ::cussing::  Romney!  When he plays dirty tricks, pimping outside the GOP for votes in NH & playing Santorum's endorsement of him in '08 is OK, but God forbid Santorum respond in kind?

::cussing::  you Romney, if you can't compete with Rick, Barry/DNC/MFM will chew your butt up!

http://nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/romney-on-santorum-robocalls-outrageous-and-disgusting--20120228

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Michigan Santorum/Romney Tiff
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 01:21:08 PM »
Can't stand a whiner.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 01:25:09 PM »
He complains as he kisses up to Michigan unions by stating he owns a bunch of GM vehicles.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 01:59:10 PM »
He complains as he kisses up to Michigan unions by stating he owns a bunch of GM vehicles.

Now, that takes some contortions...usually only liberals are capable of such gymnastics...

Hey, I think you just created a thought link!   ::speechless::

:D

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 02:40:31 PM »
Romney is like the guy who can dish it out but can't take it.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 02:42:48 PM »
Romney is like the guy who can dish it out but can't take it.

Yah, just what we need in the WH; another thin-skinned whiny-baby-crankyface.

We also do not need another president who refuses to take it to the media and the democrats when, and in the proper manner, it is required.  This is partly what drove me bugnuts about GW.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 09:02:49 PM »
I honestly do not understand how FNC is saying MI is too close to call. Romney is up by 3 to 5 points with over 60% reporting. Santorum would need to sweep every remaining precinct or county or whatever by huge margins in order to overcome that kind of lead.

UPDATE:

Now 4 points back from Romney with 68% reporting and Santorum in onstage giving a speech. FNC is still saying too close to call. I'm scratching my head. Too close to call is usually where they are separated by one or two points at the most.

An aside:

AZ was never in doubt and Romney took all the delegates with 50%.

FINAL UPDATE:

Now 5 points back from Romney with 70% and FNC is FINALLY calling it for Romney.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:19:29 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 09:22:25 PM »
I am going to say it right here and right now that Romney is going to be the nominee. There is little to no chance that Santorum is going to dominate on Super Tuesday. At best he might get 1/3 of the delegates. The donations will start to dry up and that will be the end of it. Sorry folks, but that's just the way these things work.

I voted for Santorum and I think Romney is a complete puke but he is going to be the nominee. I can accept that. Not like it but accept it.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 09:34:31 PM »

Romney is whipped.  No, not politically but literally.  His wife is, right now,
giving his thank you speech for him.  He's whipped, I always thought so.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 09:35:44 PM »

The Republican John Edwards.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 09:40:45 PM »

The Republican John Edwards.

I don't like him any better than you, but he is DEFINITELY not a John Edwards.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 09:50:46 PM »

A reference to him being whipped, which he is, and dishing it out
under the table but not being able to take a hit without whining.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 10:00:39 PM »
        Romney , Mitt       350,045    41%    
   Santorum , Rick       321,086    38%    
   Paul , Ron           98,986    12%    
   Gingrich , Newt         55,998    7%    
   Uncommitted        15,967    2%    
   Perry , Rick        1,655    0%    
   Roemer , Buddy        1,630    0%    
   Bachmann , Michele 1,586    0%    
   Huntsman , Jon         1,505    0%    
   Karger , Fred         1,071    0%    
   Cain , Herman         1,064    0%    
   Johnson , Gary            459    0%    

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/#ixzz1nkA4ra1W

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 11:50:44 PM »
Newt's 7% would have put Santorum over the top. Just saying......it is a shame when 41% gets you to the winner's circle.

Oh well, last time, Mccain and now Mitt. The GOP keeps failing us folks.

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 12:11:23 AM »
In watching Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum go at it for the last couple months, I honestly find them each equally distasteful for different reasons. After looking hard at all the candidates remaining after the ones who seemed so promising were culled, there is nothing suggesting to me that Gingrich or Santorum would be any better presidents than Romney, or any more likely to win against Obama.

Mitt Romney isn't the only one of the three who has a record of olde guarde, big government republicanism. They all do. Romney has taken the brunt of disgust because he was the establishment favorite, and the presumed frontrunner. After the Tea Party movement made so many gains at the grassroots, an establishment favorite presumed frontrunner was bound to be the object of that grassroots disgust.

But what people who have made Romney the object of their anti-establishment scorn have done as the acceptably conservative candidates shot themselves in the foot one-by-one, is moved from one candidate to the next, placing conservative hopes onto each of them in succession, only to be reminded that they are no better.

I would say, in fact, that after having time to digest the situation, it seems to me that a case could be made that Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum are the quintessential examples of exactly what the Tea Party hates, and that they've been more instrumental in leading the nation to the disaster we're facing than Mitt Romney ever could have been as governor of Massachusetts.

And it's not the establishment that is elevating Romney. It's primary voters. We have to live with that fact, even if we decide to bolt the party as a result.

Krauthammer made an excellent case as to how and why this brutal process has hurt the eventual nominee against Obama, and I'm starting to see it. But it's not because the process and the candidates are harming each other. It's because they are weak candidates, with glaring flaws that are all coming to the surface in the most negative ways possible, while Obama sits back with a cheshire grin, with no primary opponent pointing out his myriad flaws.

I'm thinking it's time for Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum to get out of the race, and let the fate of the GOP and the nation rest upon Mitt Romney. Who the f*** knows - he could be the next Ronald Reagan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdBcsdk8pEY#
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:41:52 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 03:22:15 AM »
Krauthammer made an excellent case as to how and why this brutal process has hurt the eventual nominee against Obama, and I'm starting to see it. But it's not because the process and the candidates are harming each other. It's because they are weak candidates, with glaring flaws that are all coming to the surface in the most negative ways possible, while Obama sits back with a cheshire grin, with no primary opponent pointing out his myriad flaws.

I'm thinking it's time for Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum to get out of the race, and let the fate of the GOP and the nation rest upon Mitt Romney. Who the f*** knows - he could be the next Ronald Reagan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdBcsdk8pEY#

It's time to stop this bullsh*t ( including debates which have gone too far ) and start rallying behind one candidate ( looks like Romney ) and concentrate on defeating Stymie in November . If you've watched his speeches over the last week , he's laughing his ass off and talking about his next term as if the election is already over . He may well be right . This brutal in-fighting by the Republican candidates has practically handed him re-election by default . We still have eight months to repair the damage and will probably need every damned one of them . There's a hell of a difference between losing on principle and committing political suicide .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 08:21:15 AM »
"...he could be the next Ronald Reagan."

I think I just threw up in my mouth!

::falldownshocked::

"There's a hell of a difference between losing on principle and committing political suicide ."

Since the candidates with principle (more so than the current survivors) have been driven out, I can only assume we are on the suicide march no matter what, at least as far as the Presidential Sweepstakes go.

I think checking Stymie by controlling congress is the only legitimate play left.  Unfortunately the E-GOP felt the same way from the get-go and that's why they have been behind a Romney candidacy, they see Mitt as a less controversial choice and as such less detrimental impact upon their congressional strategy.  Rush has talked of this too.  The E-GOP thinks people are rational, and as they see Obama getting reelected they'll think twice about giving him another 4 years with a blank check and give Repub's control of congress.  I hate being in agreement with the E-GOP but in this instance I think they are right, except for that "people are rational" crap!  We could easily be in the same fricken shape we are now this time next year!

And there is a new hiccup in the Senate -

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,4993.msg54853.html#msg54853

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 08:29:27 AM »
I agree part of what makes this process brutal is the weakness exhibited by each candidate........what gives obama the opportunity to keep the Presidency is our definition of what we consider "glaring" flaws. Republicans can be a brutal bunch defining glaring.

Santorum needs to stay in the race, he keeps romney honest and romney with no competition......i don't like it. Everyone else needs to bail. Those who leave the race need to focus on obama, with vengence in thier heart. obama has more flaws than a cheap suit, so to hear his arrogence is nauseating and a mistake, if we wake up and make it a mistake.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 08:47:04 AM »
Newt is counting on a swing to the south to gain momentum.  He won't even consider getting out until after Super Tuesday.  Paul doesn't care about beating Obama as much as he cares about being Paul, and his rabid supporters would riot if he bows out before the convention.  The south will determine who stays and who goes between Newt & Rick.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 09:40:42 AM »
I don't see anyone other than Romney going on after Super Tuesday.

It's the money. Romney has it and no one else will be able to raise any barring an upset of monumental proportions. If Santorum had pulled off the win in MI then he could at least count on a decent fundraising period between now and Super Tuesday but as it is I don't see that happening now. Newt has money in his super PAC but that's about it. Ron Paul will continue to get donations from his Jim Jones-like worshippers but that's it...he won't get any votes (that mean anything) or delegates.

The race is over. Romney won. Time to get on with the rest of the election season.

As much of a suck ass bottom feeder as Romney is, you can at least take some solace in the fact that he isn't McCain. He's close on some points, that's true...but he isn't anywhere near as feckless as that SOB.

I wonder how long it will be before the Mormon hit pieces start to emerge in the MFM?