Author Topic: Am I the only one?  (Read 2269 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Am I the only one?
« on: March 07, 2012, 04:40:12 PM »
The longer this debacle of the GOP dog and pony show lingers, the more I find myself losing interest. NONE, not one, of the candidates has any appeal. They can all do the conservative talking parrot trick, but not a single one can sniff Reagan's jock strap. And the thing I didn't like about Reagan is he did NOTHING to shrink government. I guess I'm asking for too much for someone to actually care enough to cut government spending, actually make the federales a smaller operation, to actually force people to fend for themselves and make themselves better. I just don't see anyone I want to spend 4 years with. Is this what's it come to? Who can we live with for 4 years? I'm ALMOST to the point where I hope the SCFoaMF wins so we can go ahead and get business over with. ::puke::

Stock up on ammo and food.

Damn, if I would have know venting helped so much, I'd have done it sooner. We now return to your regularly scheduled program.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Am I the only one?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 04:51:09 PM »
No, you're not the only one.

You held in your vent?  What for?  That's why we're here, innit?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 05:20:57 PM »
I haven't lost interest - I've just stopped caring who wins the nomination.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 05:48:25 PM »
The longer this debacle of the GOP dog and pony show lingers, the more I find myself losing interest. NONE, not one, of the candidates has any appeal. They can all do the conservative talking parrot trick, but not a single one can sniff Reagan's jock strap. And the thing I didn't like about Reagan is he did NOTHING to shrink government. I guess I'm asking for too much for someone to actually care enough to cut government spending, actually make the federales a smaller operation, to actually force people to fend for themselves and make themselves better. I just don't see anyone I want to spend 4 years with. Is this what's it come to? Who can we live with for 4 years? I'm ALMOST to the point where I hope the SCFoaMF wins so we can go ahead and get business over with. ::puke::

Damn, if I would have know venting helped so much, I'd have done it sooner. We now return to your regularly scheduled program.

I lost interest pretty much after the Tea Party failed to win the Senate.  Don't worry the Fed is going to become a smaller operation. They can only print and spend so much before the rest of the world gives us the finger.  To that end , the will try to get us into WWIII before then, and use that as an excuse to introduce whatever control measures they feel are required. The real question will be if various States will go along or try to leave the Union when that happens, or if patriotism will be a potent enough force still to hold us together against a foreign foe. A president who thinks running guns to Mexican drug lords is okay, is probably capable of getting a nuke into a domestic terror cell's hands as well. I used to think Jericho was far fetched, but I think this anti-white, America hating, Islamic Jihad sympathizing, community extortionist  organizer is perfectly capable of executing a nuclear attack against some inbred white christian bitter clingers in the pursuit of his little utopia. Remember Omaha! and report the suspicious activity of your neighbors, join the ObamaSS and drones will destroy your a-hole neighbor tatics is, I am afraid, a possible future, especially if Obama can get the economics Weimar bad enough before then. The alternative of course is that some States leave the union and Obama is forced to fight a war on two fronts (but if he uses a nuke once, why not against any "deserting" states?)

Of course if that doesn't happen, we have a decline into 3rd world status, and the Fed just can't get enough feet on the ground to control everything and everyone, and States become pre-eminient again ( at least those with money and resources)  after all of the deadbeat rioting is done.

See, with rosy thoughts like that, the whole primary thing seems a bit foolish and stupid. So no. You are not alone.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 07:11:07 PM »
Nope - you're definitely not the only one.

I have to stop myself because I recognize how toxic I am...I've erased a bunch of posts when I was at the final proofing because they're just too dark.

In short:

The "best & brightest" (notice the parenthetical) on our side have fed us a non-stop diet of "Romney is the only one" and I've come to the recognition that more than just disagreeing - I no longer trust their analysis. They have been correct in that mittens would be the pubbie candidate, but I don't think he can win against Øbongo. His debate-fu is white belt. My cat could kick his ass.
The dirty-trick tactics he has resorted to in the primaries have gotten the job done (barely) but won't work against Øbongo. He is hopelessly outmatched.

We're halfway through the primary season and I've already given up. We are gonna get our clocks cleaned (again) and be faced by "Øbongo - the Final Frontier" in which he finishes taking this country to its knees.

In response I find that I. Just. Don't. Care.

Rent "On the Beach" (not from Netflix!) and you'll get a good idea of my current frame of mind...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 08:02:18 PM »
I haven't lost interest - I've just stopped caring who wins the nomination.

I just want it to be over and lets behind one of them and move on to kicking his ass.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 10:34:28 PM »
Ann Barnhardt aptly described this whole electoral kabuki theater as "Dancing With The Stars plus 10-15 IQ points".  That's pretty much the long and short of it too. It may not be quite as insipid as American Idol, but it's no more consequential.  Look at the big picture....there is no political fix for this mess.  As I've said, balkanization when it comes is going to be a blessing, not a curse.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 11:33:39 PM »
Ann Barnhardt aptly described this whole electoral kabuki theater as "Dancing With The Stars plus 10-15 IQ points".  That's pretty much the long and short of it too. It may not be quite as insipid as American Idol, but it's no more consequential.  Look at the big picture....there is no political fix for this mess.  As I've said, balkanization when it comes is going to be a blessing, not a curse.

We're already balkanized thanks to the multi-culti pushers, but I suspect that's not what you mean.  What do you mean?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 12:02:02 AM »
If we get very much more balkanized we're gonna start shooting each other.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 12:25:18 AM »

Promises, promises.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 12:53:33 AM »
When I say it I mean physical balkanization, as in particular areas or regions detaching from the rest. I don't think it even necessarily has to be a recognized political separation, just a de facto condition that is already coming into being.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 07:37:56 AM »
When I say it I mean physical balkanization, as in particular areas or regions detaching from the rest. I don't think it even necessarily has to be a recognized political separation, just a de facto condition that is already coming into being.

If it can be achieved with the minimum of fuss, yes a good thing, if a lot of fuss, still a good thing but the long term concerns me on numerous levels.  But I am well resigned to a fate not entirely of my choosing or liking but one which I will navigate as I must.

As far as this race goes, I am well resigned there as well.  As a local delegate I am locked to Santorum.  As we've said, none of the remaining candidates is perfect.  Bottom line is who do you trust in the Big Chair when big decisions come up?  To me Santorum seems the safer choice overall.  But it is too bad we cannot combine Rick's decency with Newt's fire and Mitt's cash, perhaps then we'd have a better chance at steering the ship of state 180 degrees.

This is the world we live in.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 07:45:11 AM »

Reagan did in fact have a deal in 82' to reduce speding with the DemonRats but they renegged as usual out that went. I don't know if he could reduce all that much without the copperation of both houses of Congress(not making excuses but let's be honest). GW Bush on the other hand, had it for short time and did the opposite, may the founder's curse him for it.

Sit back vote for the usurper and watch the civil war that develops. I've never seen the country so polarized as it is now. I don't think Lincoln's election made it as bad to what we have now. buy ammo and be safe.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 07:48:13 AM »

Promises, promises.
I thought we're doing it now under the guise of buyng shoes.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 10:21:13 AM »

I have this dreadful feeling that we are going to continue on the same path
of devolution along with the marginalization of civility and the rule of law.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 05:59:06 PM »
Reagan did in fact have a deal in 82' to reduce speding with the DemonRats but they renegged as usual out that went. I don't know if he could reduce all that much without the copperation of both houses of Congress(not making excuses but let's be honest).

My bad. I'd forgotten all about Congress being controlled by Dhimms.

GW Bush on the other hand, had it for short time and did the opposite, may the founder's curse him for it.

::gaah::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson