Author Topic: The All Things Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman Thread  (Read 72561 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
I just wanted to thank those who went to RedState to recommend my latest diary post, crossposted in this thread. It has moved up their recommended list to the number 1 spot, with 125 facebook "likes", and 33 re-tweets.

It does seem that we've had an uptick in traffic overall for the past few days since the diary was published, and we have a couple new members. I'm not sure if there is tangible traffic value in promoting diaries over there or not, but I guess it can't hurt!

You did a fine job, and you're a good writer, IDP.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I just wanted to thank those who went to RedState to recommend my latest diary post, crossposted in this thread. It has moved up their recommended list to the number 1 spot, with 125 facebook "likes", and 33 re-tweets.

It does seem that we've had an uptick in traffic overall for the past few days since the diary was published, and we have a couple new members. I'm not sure if there is tangible traffic value in promoting diaries over there or not, but I guess it can't hurt!

Thanks Pan. I wish I was a REALLY good writer. I enjoy it, sometimes a lot, but I've never had any college level composition that would put me in a position to pursue it for real.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

Thanks Pan. I wish I was a REALLY good writer. I enjoy it, sometimes a lot, but I've never had any college level composition that would put me in a position to pursue it for real.

Hunh?  What is that, exactly?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

Hunh?  What is that, exactly?

I think it's when smowt peopow teach you how to write like a Leftist.

You don't need no smowt peopow messing with yow hed; you pwenty smowt wizzute it.

According to writers I've read on the subject of writing, writing really well requires writing, writing and more writing, honing your craft, practice.

I have no idea what happened with the tags.  I'm so tired I can't think straight at this point.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:16:45 PM by Pandora »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I've had that college composition, required of all freshmen. It's mostly horsesh*t. I placed out of the first semester, but had to take the second part (that part was mandatory regardless of your placement score).

I wouldn't say any of it teaches you to be a better writer in the general sense. It does teach you to be a better writer in the formal, academic sense. For the most part it's a replacement for the rhetorical fundamentals that people once upon a time mastered before they graduated from high school.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

Hunh?  What is that, exactly?

I think it's when smowt peopow teach you how to write like a Leftist.

You don't need no smowt peopow messing with yow hed; you pwenty smowt wizzute it.

According to writers I've read on the subject of writing, writing really well requires writing, writing and more writing, honing your craft, practice.

I have no idea what happened with the tags.  I'm so tired I can't think straight at this point.

LOL! You accidentally edited my post instead of quoting it! Sleeeeeeeep Pandoooooorrraaaaaa......

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
...It does teach you to be a better writer in the formal, academic sense....

That's pretty much what I was referring to. I enjoy writing enough that I'd love to make a living at it. Creative type writing, not journotard stuff. But my lack of that formal academic knowledge is apparent to me when I compare my stuff to those I consider good writers. So it's just a hobby for me.

BTW, I think you are an excellent writer Glock. Your thoughts are always concise and well laid out.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders

That's pretty much what I was referring to. I enjoy writing enough that I'd love to make a living at it. Creative type writing, not journotard stuff. But my lack of that formal academic knowledge is apparent to me when I compare my stuff to those I consider good writers. So it's just a hobby for me.

BTW, I think you are an excellent writer Glock. Your thoughts are always concise and well laid out.

Agreed. I on the other hand, always wanted to write for Mad Magazine.  ;D

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
IDP wrote "
Thanks Pan. I wish I was a REALLY good writer. I enjoy it, sometimes a lot, but I've never had any college level composition that would put me in a position to pursue it for real."

Neither have the so called journalists. ::laughonfloor:: I can think of plenty more that write in a horrible manner. One of them was so bad he had to have his book Dreams from My Father ghost written by Bill Ayers. ::hysterical::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero

Writing isn't everything you know....being of clear mind able to convey precisely one's thoughts during a debate/conversation is of equal value and I ought to know, I'm horrible at it. ::whatgives::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

Writing isn't everything you know....being of clear mind able to convey precisely one's thoughts during a debate/conversation is of equal value and I ought to know, I'm horrible at it. ::whatgives::

That's very true.  Er, referring to the first part of what you wrote, not the latter.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: The All Things Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman Thread
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2012, 11:24:35 PM »

Why thank you.   ::curtsy4::

I would say the Internet has influenced my style as much or more than any formal schooling. I used to sling words with Leftist scum on forums all the time, and was always looking for clever ways to tell them exactly what I thought of them. One lasting effect on my writing style is that I'm prone to get long winded because I'm semi-obsessed with the idea of "prebuttal". I used to delight in making bombing runs on their threads and dismantling their predictable retorts before they could respond. Now for the sake of my sanity I avoid concentrations of Leftist garbage both in the real and the virtual worlds. It's not "fun" anymore, not since the dynamic changed. It's no longer a dynamic of our position vs. their position because, as ludicrous as their positions are, the existential threat they pose has suddenly crystallized in the current regime.

I don't care about debating them, I care about defeating them. As Breitbart said, "War."
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2012, 11:25:57 PM »
Oh, yeah.

"WAR".

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2012, 11:30:22 PM »
I'm on the exact same page Glock. I used to get my jollies sharpening my rhetorical skills against Leftists. Now I just want them gone. I'll still smack one down when the opportunity presents itself, but it doesn't bring me any satisfaction. Only disgust.

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2012, 11:38:56 PM »
WAR

As a reminder,...

The neighborhood where Zimmerman was helping to patrol as part of a local watch program had suffered eleven (11) break-ins in recent weeks.

ETA: From the link: Little Trayvon was 6'3" tall.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:43:11 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2012, 02:48:41 AM »
And now, a palate cleanser...sort of...

LINK

Regarding the shooting, Obama bemoaned the fact that "if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," and then said that all Americans need to do some "soul searching" about the incident. But why? What do the rest of us have to do with any of this? The direct implication is that Americans are, at heart, dangerous ugly-minded racists who need to work up at least a little residual White Guilt by Election Day.

Rather than belabor our point (and trust me, we could) let's cut straight to the bottom line. Nobody's guilt or innocence should be judged by their skin color or "who they look like," even if the president of the United States thinks otherwise. Anything else would be the most despicable kind of racism.

But that is exactly Barack Obama's goal in injecting himself into this sad story. Having failed dismally as the president of "Hope," he is now redefining himself for 2012 as the candidate of "Hate." He - and his willing media accomplices - have already invented and fomented a "War on the Middle Class," and a "War on Women." Next on his checklist, to nobody's surprise, was to gin up a "War on Blacks" in hopes that any bloodletting can be turned into votes.

Is this the country we want - with American pitted against American for the benefit of a venal politician who must distract us from our real problems, his real failures, and his real agenda?

Because that is the question which actually demands soul searching from Americans of every race.

Oh and, hey, interesting self help book available for instant download to a Kindle.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:41:33 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2012, 03:33:20 AM »
If this has already been posted then I apologize in advance. There's just too damned many posts about this topic now.

Also I will take this opportunity to publicly apologize for ever thinking that the Daily Caller would suck just because it was started by Tucker Carlson. I had little to zero respect for Carlson because he was the "house conservative" at one time for MSNBC before they had a purity purge. I figured that there wasn't anything Carlson could possibly be involved with that would be of any worth or value. I was wrong and I apologize for it.

The DC has posted the last two month's worth of Trayvon Martin's tweets. They do not indicate criminal (theft) activity but they do paint a picture that is hardly flattering. Lots of drug references and lots of misogynistic stuff. Here is the link.

In a commentary from Right Wing News they list the best tweets that the little angel posted. And, for what it's worth, he went by the handle of "No_Limit_Nigga." Yeah, cute as all get out, I know.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2012, 06:55:09 AM »
Here's the thing about all these revelations about Martin.

First, the narrative has been created, so now the truth must push against it. Division will be the result, as was always the goal. Mission accomplished.

But aside from that, reading his nigga tweets as "No_Limit_Nigga", glorifying the nigga-thug lifestyle - that speaks volumes to us, but to the culture at large, that is exactly how young Black men are supposed to act. He achieved the standard set for him by the Leftist culture and the Affkin-Mehkin community. There will be no questioning from the Left as to whether his lifestyle contributed to his death. None.

So we're at square one.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2012, 07:39:50 AM »
And all the No_Limit_Nigga's are exploiting this for all they can get, regardless of how big a low-life despicable scumbag little No_Limit_Nigga was!

And here's a high-profile one!

Director Spike Lee apparently retweeted the home address of George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who shot Florida teen Trayvon Martin.

Two messages were posted to Lee’s official Twitter account, one Friday and one Saturday, with a street address and the words “EVERYBODY REPOST THIS.” Both messages were still visible on Lee’s account Sunday morning. Lee has tweeted numerous times about Martin’s death.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/spike-lee-retweets-george-zimmermans-home-address/

I think we need to tweet (I don't tweet, maybe somebody here does) Spike Lee's home addresses as well!  All in the spirit of understanding, of course!   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2012, 08:05:09 AM »
H/T IMAO