Author Topic: Home Schooled? We need to inspect your house!  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Home Schooled? We need to inspect your house!
« on: March 27, 2012, 06:57:43 AM »
In Arizona, Social workers threatened their way into a home and  the 9th Circuit held the search was proper

The HSLDA described the situation: “For 40 terrifying minutes, this homeschooling couple had asserted their Fourth Amendment right to be free from an unreasonable search of their home. The two investigative social workers were eventually joined by six uniformed sheriff’s deputies who were called because the social workers considered the Loudermilks to be ‘uncooperative.’” Then social workers played their “ace-in-the-hole” and threatened the parents that their five children would be placed in state custody immediately if they did not allow the search. The case had developed after a still-anonymous tipster told authorities that there was a danger to the children in the new home. Two months later, social services arrived unannounced at the home and explained that it was an emergency because social workers decided it was an emergency at that point.

Once the social workers have your kids, it takes months, and perhaps years to get them back. There is no due process and no recourse- so you have to ensure they never gain access to your home without first obtaining a warrant.  If this happened to us I would immediately get my phone out, inform the social workers I was recording them, and then ask to see their warrant. If they claimed  it was an "emergency" I would say "then you should have a warrant in 20-40  minutes- go request one." And if they called the cops I would make a separate call myself claiming that I was being harassed by unknown persons  on my doorstep claiming to be social workers but who refuse to provide a warrant for the search of my home. Once the police arrived I would restate my 4th amendment rights to not be searched without a warrants, and if the officers persisted in demanding access I would state for the record that I did not believe they were officers at all, and  that any forced entry to my home would be met with lethal force, and express concern that these social workers were making my home dangerous for my children by making it the location of a police standoff because they refused to present a warrant I am legally entitled  to demand. . Hopefully at this point my wife appears behind me with the shotgun.  Then all I have to do is get a second to hit Send on the cell phone and that video goes safely to friends. I may die in the encounter,  but no one is going to get away with it, and at this point, I am, like Ann Barnhardt, reasonably sure I am not going to survive the next decade without having to do something like this. Luckily my Teotwaki place is across from a County Sheriff Deputy.  The best thing you can have in the coming turmoil is a  (conservative) friend in law enforcement that knows and trusts you.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Home Schooled? We need to inspect your house!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 07:43:27 AM »
They want a bloody confrontation ala Ruby Ridge or absolute submission to the state in all their demands, there is nothing in between for these SOB's!  What a fricken sorry state of affairs that these are the only two options available to citizens of the United States of America!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:00:09 AM »
I endured a dozen years of abuse at the hands of "social workers" and the family court industry. I swear to God that come the revolution they will be my first stop on the "Wreak Revenge Whirlwind" tour.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 09:08:22 AM »
Any given day, any given hour, the top of that list fluctuates for me!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 11:36:55 AM »
Nineth circuit?

Why am I not surprised.

HSLDA recommends calling them first (if you're a member) if a social worker shows up.  They have a good record of talking these people out of continuing their pursuit.

Many of these tips they act on are from disgruntled neighbors or family members. 

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 02:05:27 PM »
We are only a hair's breadth away from it being declared that homeschooling your children in a religious setting is itself reason enough for State Almighty to abduct them, on the basis of something like "teaching that homosexuality is wrong constitutes a deprivation of the child's social development".  It's already more or less happened in Canada.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly