Author Topic: The price of freedom is going to go up!  (Read 916 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
The price of freedom is going to go up!
« on: March 30, 2012, 08:03:30 AM »
DHS - 45m rounds...of .40 hollow points!  175m rounds of .223!

Remember, this is HOMELAND defense!  WTF are they expecting, eh?
 ::speechless::

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-immigration-agents-are-loading-up-on-as-many-as-450-million-new-rounds-of-ammo-2012-3
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: The price of freedom is going to go up!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:11:15 AM »
Do we know when the contract was placed? It's not something I particularly like to hear about either, but I'm not sure how ominous it is. Federal law enforcement agencies probably go through an enormous amount of ammo just in training throughout the year. Ok, well, maybe that in itself could be seen as ominous, but it's nothing new.

When the chips are down, they'll have to ask themselves as individuals just what price they're willing to pay to enforce the dictates of their overlords. In any given tactical scenario they'll have every advantage, but it doesn't mean it'll be risk-free. What would it take for them to run out of guys willing to be the entry man?

If you look at practically every tyranny over the past century, one common denominator is the formation of "auxiliaries" who answer only to specific personalities or political party leadership. I can absolutely see that possibility here.  Whip up certain "urban" populations, perhaps even an emptying of the prison system, and they could have their own little enforcement mob. I think Obongo and Holder have already been testing those waters.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 10:30:43 AM »
...I think Obongo and Holder have already been testing those waters.

I agree completely. Preparing the ground.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 10:51:38 AM »
Cowards always seem to be able to find fodder to do their dirty work for them!  And I think you are right G, raising the cost and sending the message that their actions will not go unchallenged could change the dynamic before al is said and done, but if it reaches that point, well, they'll be no restraints, will there?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.