Author Topic: What color are you?  (Read 896 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
What color are you?
« on: March 30, 2012, 12:28:40 PM »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: What color are you?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 12:39:38 PM »
And speaking of all that, I thought the Left had assured us time and time again that "there's no such thing as race".  Oh, except when there is.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 01:12:55 PM »
And speaking of all that, I thought the Left had assured us time and time again that "there's no such thing as race".  Oh, except when there is.

Ding! Ding! Ding!  We have a winnah!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 01:44:09 PM »

If they used the rule of paternity, is there a rule anymore, he would be a Jew.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 03:20:17 PM »

I thought your mother had to be Jewish for you to be automatically Jewish?
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 03:48:40 PM »

I thought your mother had to be Jewish for you to be automatically Jewish?

Yes.

It is in islam that the religion is passed paternally.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 03:49:41 PM »

That's Jewish law not USA law.  

USA law: If your daddy is black you are black, if your daddy is white you are white.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 03:55:14 PM »
And speaking of all that, I thought the Left had assured us time and time again that "there's no such thing as race".  Oh, except when there is.

That only applies to Whites, because as you can see, anybody can be "white".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline MacWell™

• Likes the place
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 07:57:05 PM »
American colored.

hemm

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 08:08:59 PM »
"What color are you?"

Clear.

Sign: Neon.

Offline Delta Force

• Likes the place
  • "You can run, but you'll just die tired!"
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 09:41:16 PM »
Legally speaking, you can be any color you choose to be.  I know of people who have put down "black" on employment applications to try and garner favored status for the job.  the employer must accept the applicant's selection and declaration of their race.   I am half American Indian and I do claim it, but most people consider me to be white.  i claim Indian not to garner any favored status, but because I am proud of my heritage.  It also messes up a lot of the "neat" statistics, which is always fun.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 09:47:09 PM »

USA law: If your daddy is black you are black, if your daddy is white you are white.

Well then I am boned because my father is deceased.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 10:20:07 PM »

Your daddy was probably ivory when he sired you too.

My great great grandmother was Cherokee I'm sure that's pretty
thinned out by now but I put Native American at every opportunity
because I am.  And I love for them to engage me in conversation
as to how my claim is valid.

Offline Magnum

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 03:53:55 PM »
I was in the process of composing a rant in trying to explain how genetics are unpredictable and variable. Thus using race as the left concentrates on is assine, stupid, insignificant etc…………I was going to use my family as an example in that both my parents and my siblings have either dark brown or black eyes, black hair and are olive complected. That I was the exception in my family in that I have green eyes, however I am blessed with the biggest nose ;)

Then it occurred to me it may not be about race per say to the left. It maybe as simple as if you are on the right or hold values of the right such as supporting the right to carry a firearm whether red, yellow, black or white in color you are not considered a minority, a protected class if you will by their standards………… because being on the right, IMHO means above all else to them you are evil. That is why the left can define you as a white Hispanic, a white black (Uncle Tom)………..

As far as being a Jew:

Hundreds of years ago the Sages argued and wrote into law that to be "Jewish" it can only be passed down through the mother. The reason being just as today even in Christianity, it was/is the mothers who most frequently brought their children to temple. If a child was born of a Jewish father and a non Jewish mother the Rabbis of the day were worried that the women would have more influence on their children's religion than the father's. Therefore to help insure that the Jewish man who married a non Jewish women would raise their children as "Jewish" it was up to the father to convince his non Jewish bride to be converted to Judaism.

Of course if you look Biblically a Jew is one descended from Abraham and Sarah, thus you could be Jewish from Mom or Dad. I will save this for another day as I get in some heated arguments over this.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:40:04 AM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9