Author Topic: The Veep Pick  (Read 1167 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
The Veep Pick
« on: April 04, 2012, 10:46:38 AM »
So...

...since it's going to be Mittens (sorry, it will), who is he going to pick for veep?

(because that's really all that's left to discuss now, isn't it?)

I think that it will be Ryan. Watching Ryan last night on television reminded me just how good a command he has of the economic facts. He is like the green eyeshade guy to Mitten's CEO. I think that if we have to have Mittens as the nominee we could do a lot worse than Ryan as the veep.

Certainly just about anyone could distinguish themselves from Biden (my dog could) so there are lots of picks to consider.

Ryan on Kudlow video

And, just for fun...here is one of the stupidest members of congress flapping her jaws about a subject which she is completely ignore of.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:59:10 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: The Veep Pick
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 10:58:21 AM »
I think Ryan would be a great choice. He has gone against the "go along to get along" mentality of his own party's leadership, which is a plus. He knows economics and finance inside out and backwards. He also freely acknowledges the scale of the fiscal nightmare...that in itself is nothing short of revolutionary among all these ostriches with their heads in the sand.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 11:14:46 AM »
Slight correction to my above post...

I think it should be Ryan for the reason I listed and for those mentioned by Glock, too.

I think it could be someone else for all of the usual reasons that "sounded good at the time" but end up not mattering that much in the big scheme of things. For instance...choosing Alan West for the black vote. Not that that would be the only reason to choose him, it isn't. But that would be the deciding factor. Or choosing a woman because she's a woman. Or a Hispanic because he's a Hispanic. Or choosing someone from a particular swing state. (Funny how these items do not explain Biden...I still think he was picked in order to be sure that he would never, ever show up Zero)

I still think that McCain picked Palin because she was a woman. It was only by accident that she happened to be the most conservative person he could have picked. I say "accident" because she represented a lot of things that McCain hated. She was a dumb pick for him. There were lots of establishment women he could have picked and didn't. But I could be completely off base. Maybe McCain is a closet conservative. There is a HotAir piece on him saying that Palin should be the veep pick. I don't think she will be, though, as much as I think she would be a good one. It would be funny to watch Meggie Mack's head explode if Palin was the veep again.

Anyway...we have a long time to go until veep-pickin' time. It usually happens the week or two before the convention and that's months away.

So...

Alan West?
Marco Rubio?
Chris Christie (Coulter's crush)
Some other governor?

Or something completely different?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 11:22:56 AM »
The problem with taking Ryan means you are likely increasing the chances that Boner elevates a lesser being into his vacated Budget Chair, what kind of crap that will be, who knows, but it is a powerful position in the House...

Eh, but whatever...it's Williard's choice and he don't listen to us so it will be what it will be...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 11:24:09 AM »
Eh, but whatever...it's Williard's choice and he don't listen to us so it will be what it will be...

You can't get off that easily.

Who do you want it to be and why?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 11:25:41 AM »
If conventional wisdom is followed, and considering his electoral troubles in these states, Romney will almost certainly pick someone from the South, or perhaps the West.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 11:29:09 AM »
I like Palin's idea of West, he's not senior in the House so no loss there, and perhaps a suitable replacement in his new district can be found, keeping Ryan in place where I like him.  West speaks well and is from a state Romney cannot afford to lose.

There, my choice, and I give it about a 1% chance of becoming reality.  So don't diss my "whatever!"!   ::oldman::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 11:30:17 AM »
Hey, I'm just trying to get a pool started here.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 11:50:13 AM »
I assume the GOP establishment will never again select a White male VP when the candidate is a White male, and vice-versa. The party is fully invested in slicing and dicing demographics for political purposes. They don't have the stomach or rhetorical firepower to deal with the "party of White men" accusations that will come their way should they dare choose a White man to run with a man the Left will accuse of being Whiter than White.

It will be a female, a Hispanic, or a Black. From this point forward - at least until our politics ceases to be dysfunctional like it is now, which is uh... never - the ticket will be of mixed demographics.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 12:01:04 PM »

He should pick Lindsey Graham, that will lock up the South.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 01:24:12 PM »

How that prick gets elected in South Carolina is beyond me.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 02:13:07 PM »
Hey, I'm just trying to get a pool started here.

Oh, hell, I didn't know we have to put up a money bet!  In that case I change my pick to Pawlenty, that dude loves kissing E-GOP arse!

Show me the money!   ::whoohoo::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 02:13:29 PM »

::laughonfloor::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 02:18:16 PM »
Lindsey might lock up the Southern conservative bull-dyke-with-tiny-mustache vote. That's gotta be worth sumptn'.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 03:20:35 PM »
Lindsey might lock up the Southern conservative bull-dyke-with-tiny-mustache vote. That's gotta be worth sumptn'.

And McCain can be out there helping too.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 04:45:49 PM »

johnnymac::smileykissup::limpsey

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 08:52:13 PM »
Maybe he can get snarlin' arlen sphincter. I hear he's looking for a gig...

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 09:45:47 PM »
It will be a female, a Hispanic, or a Black. From this point forward - at least until our politics ceases to be dysfunctional like it is now, which is uh... never - the ticket will be of mixed demographics.

Cool. So female, then.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 08:51:53 AM »
How about Mitch McConnell that's a twofer. He needs to go from the minority position in Senate and he's a slam dunk ass kisser.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 10:06:28 AM »
How about Mitch McConnell that's a twofer. He needs to go from the minority position in Senate and he's a slam dunk ass kisser.

::clapping::