Author Topic: Am I the only one?  (Read 1241 times)

Offline robins111

Am I the only one?
« on: April 07, 2012, 08:24:53 AM »
Am I the only person who has notice the stunning similarity between the Women's Christian Temperance Movement and the Brady Campaign? 

Both use overblown rhetoric, misleading statistics, or outright lies to further their agendas.  Furthermore the outcomes of the prohibition of alcohol and guns results in basically the same situation with criminal gangs making huge profits from breaking these laws. 

Little or no positive effects have resulted from these restrictions but in spite of the statistics, they continue to ramble on as if its a foregone conclusion that they are in the right. 

I was struck by a picture of  the temperance crowd I recently saw, and decided that with a change of clothing, this bunch would be indistinguishable from their modern counterparts.   JMHO

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Am I the only one?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 10:14:12 AM »
Nope, those were the same folks, just a different time. The goals may be different, but those who are only willing to live and let live if you are living the way they want exist in every generation.  They are always "progressive" malignant narcissistic jerks.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 11:48:34 AM »
Though the Left is characterized by a sort of doctrinaire atheism, they actually are the direct ideological descendants of New England puritcanicalism. If you look at the case of the Salem Witch Trials, you can immediately spot the same psychological traits that the modern Left still has: the impulse to dictate the behavior of others, and a malignant GroupThink that readily dehumanizes its targets. The modern Left even has its very own accusations of witchcraft: global warming skepticism, "homophobia", and so on.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline robins111

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 11:17:36 AM »
To celebrate the demise of the Canadian Long Gun Registry, I've decided to get a seal  hide case for my new M14 I just bought.    ::popcorn::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 12:06:20 PM »
To celebrate the demise of the Canadian Long Gun Registry, I've decided to get a seal  hide case for my new M14 I just bought.    ::popcorn::

Nice. Get the baby seal - it's the softest  ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 06:57:52 AM »
Am I the only person who has notice the stunning similarity between the Women's Christian Temperance Movement and the Brady Campaign? 

Both use overblown rhetoric, misleading statistics, or outright lies to further their agendas.  Furthermore the outcomes of the prohibition of alcohol and guns results in basically the same situation with criminal gangs making huge profits from breaking these laws. 

Little or no positive effects have resulted from these restrictions but in spite of the statistics, they continue to ramble on as if its a foregone conclusion that they are in the right. 

I was struck by a picture of  the temperance crowd I recently saw, and decided that with a change of clothing, this bunch would be indistinguishable from their modern counterparts.   JMHO

I would also put the nags at NOW & Planned Parenthood in that group too, any woman straying off the abortion-on-demand plantation is never treated with anything approaching temperance!  And the angry-all-the-time mothers at MADD just don't let up either, they won't be happy until any measureable alcohol level is punishable by death.  But perhaps the most nefarious of them all is the anti-smoking Nazi's!  They have not only successfully demonized a legal product, they've gotten filthy rich off of it as well.  The next one we are currently witnessing, The Wookie and the rest of the Food Nazi's!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.