Author Topic: Affirmative action bumps are small, so stop complaining  (Read 720 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Affirmative action bumps are small, so stop complaining
« on: April 08, 2012, 09:20:33 AM »
You see blacks are only inferior to white by 5 points now so stop complaining about Affirmative action.  Well if its so small, shouldn't we abolish this "temporary" program to bring Blacks up to par? After all  how many MORE QUALIFIED individuals do we need to  pass over because of their Color?  Racism is Racism. It is just as wrong to pass over a qualified white (or asian etc) kid because of his color as it was to pass over a Black 50 years ago.   Blacks are perfectly capable of competing on a even playing field and anyone who says otherwise is a racist who wants to perpetuate affirmative action as a way of discrediting the Black people who can and did succeed on their own merit.  Affirmative action is racism, plain and simple, and anyone who advocates for it is stating that blacks are inferior - particularly someone who knows the difference in benefit is small. The only rational conclusion is they want the stigma of affirmative action to fall on all Blacks, even though they have earned what they have gotten. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Affirmative action bumps are small, so stop complaining
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 02:04:56 PM »
The scars of centuries of slavery and segregation can still be seen today in any black community — and yet there are people who will throw a hissy fit because there is one factor in an admissions decision that might not automatically favor white people.

"Scars of ... slavery"; I am so sick of the bull.

This writer is an a-hole, which is why he's totally missing the point, but inadvertently admits the truth. 

Omit race and sex information from the admissions applications and the LSAT scores themselves will be "favored".  Which means Whites and Asians.  Can't have that.

Wonder if he's read The O's thesis?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 02:44:42 PM »

Omit all information except name, address, and ID# from the admissions applications and the LSAT scores themselves will indicate the most eligible.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 07:27:47 AM »
Scars?  They want scars?   ::stirpot::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 10:31:41 AM »
Slavery huh?  Well, I think all white people should demand restitution from Italy, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.  If your ancestry is from Europe, chances are very high that at some point the Roman Legions either killed or enslaved some of your distant ancestors. Likewise, the Viking era. Coastal communities all the way into the Black Sea were raided by Vikings. Any population near the sea or a navigable river is bound to have Norse genes. The Vikings were in the habit of giving away DNA like party favors, whether the local population wanted it or not!

So from Italy: don't want their money, it's Euros. I am not opposed to a Ferrari though. If it turns out any of my Briton ancestors were put in an arena with lions, then I shall also require the actress Anna Falchi or a reasonable facsimile of her mid-1990s self.

From the Scandinavians: they didn't join the Euro, so their cash might still be worth something. I've also heard about a "bikini team" of some sort. I'll have that.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 10:45:46 AM »
...If it turns out any of my Briton ancestors were put in an arena with lions, then I shall also require the actress Anna Falchi or a reasonable facsimile of her mid-1990s self...

I never heard of her before, so I had to look her up. Holy smokes.

::beavisbutthead::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 11:25:17 AM »

::steam:: It was necessary to change my browser settings before she could be previewed ::steam::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 11:35:56 AM »
Glock makes the point I make all the time, everytime the idiocy of reparations raises its Medusa-like head, I laugh!  All throughout human history if one put pins on a map with different colors representing different cultures and the other cultures they invaded, enslaved or otherwise subjugated you would have a globe of yarn covered in every conceivable color imaginable overlapping itself.

There are no fricken innocents anywhere if an honest reading of history is your guide!

Anytime you hear someone utter the words "slavery" or "oppression" your internal alarm should be going off...if the word "reparations" is uttered you can stop wondering, you are definitely in the presence of an agenda-driven jackass who should be laughed at, shouted down and run out of town.

::asskicking::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 11:47:42 AM »
Forget the Volt folks, Government motors has
a newer and better vehicle for you, here is the:
                                                                       agenda-driven jackass
                                                                                                             ::bus::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 12:02:21 PM »
 ;D   ::thumbsup::