Author Topic: The Stupidity of Youth (and yeah, libs)  (Read 886 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
The Stupidity of Youth (and yeah, libs)
« on: April 14, 2012, 05:17:53 PM »
LINK

How does one explain having this...

...done to yourself by this:

I could probably shoot that freak on sight and I don't think a jury in the world would see any fault in my judgement. I could say that I was sure that I was about to be attacked by a space alien monster or some mutated creature that had just climbed out of a sewer. I could say that I was certain that it wasn't human in origin. Who could argue?

Certainly, creatures such as this would make interesting subjects for psychological research and experimentation...hook 'em up with sensors and electrodes, shock them several times a minute and see how they react...you know, that kind of thing.

I honestly do not understand this trend of the last decade or so towards self mutilation. If it actually looked good then maybe I could see it...but have you ever seen this stuff where it does look good? It doesn't look good to start with and it never looks better with age. Usually a butterfly tattoo begins to look more like a prune or a turd or something after added weight and wrinkles alter the canvas of skin.

And if this is a trend, then where will it go next? Will we see people having limbs removed and replacing them with artificial constructs? Skin replaced with genetically altered fish scales or whatever? I see this as a liberal mindset...man attempting to improve over what God has given. Am I wrong? Do conservatives get this crap done in any significant numbers? Or is it just nutty libs?

There is an argument to be made that this behavior is not unlike suicide. That is, "I'm not content with God's appointed time for me to die so I will make that judgement for myself...take my own life at my own appointed time." Which makes me wonder what the distribution in suicides is between conservatives and liberals or, for that matter, between atheists and those who profess a belief in an omnipotent God. It's probably the same but I would like to know.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 07:20:42 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: The Stupidity of Youth (and yeah, libs)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 08:12:19 PM »
It's a sublimated form of self-loathing. Ironically, these are the types you see in the OWS slums declaring that jobs are a human right. You know it's only a matter of time before even this sort of repulsive "body art" joins the list of off limits criteria for employment decisions.

You're not far off the mark in your prediction of limb modification. I've already seen people who have vampire teeth implants, and the ones who have their tongues split down the middle into two snake-like forks.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 08:46:37 PM »
 Reavers.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 09:50:10 PM »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 09:01:24 AM »
Reavers.

I'm thinking that we have among us those who would welcome the Borg with open arms.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 09:47:01 AM »
I'm thinking that we have among us those who would welcome the Borg with open arms.

Peace, harmony, no bad feelings, food, shelter, a job, security and a feeling of belonging.
Whats not to like? The Borg certainly didn't understand why anyone would resist. After all, they meant well. .

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 01:25:39 PM »

Your absolutely correct, there is no reason those persons should be forced
to commingle with aggressive, meritocritous, capitalists.  We should assist
them into facilities that allow them the safety and security they seek.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 05:18:15 PM »

Your absolutely correct, there is no reason those persons should be forced
to commingle with aggressive, meritocritous, capitalists.  We should assist
them into facilities that allow them the safety and security they seek.

Work camps????
I really can't see them doing any work and enjoying the gratification of a hard days work....to damn spoiled.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 06:52:47 PM »
Reavers.

Indeed, they are apart from humanity, weak-minded and easily exploited...the next step for them is joining Heaven's Gate, I'm bullish on purple shroud producers and the sneaker industry.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.