Author Topic: Anybody still think it can't happen here????????  (Read 9900 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Anybody still think it can't happen here????????
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2012, 03:45:06 PM »
...And do you prefer Velostat® or heavy duty Reynolds Wrap?

::hysterical::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2012, 03:49:40 PM »
...And do you prefer Velostat® or heavy duty Reynolds Wrap?

::hysterical::

Hey!!  I think we really want to know where people stand on the IMPORTANT stuff!
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2012, 03:53:05 PM »
Anyone think he should be allowed to continue posting here? Or should I pull the plug on him for good?

Well he was good at Loud. If he seemed interested in engaging with others and discussing, I would say keep him. However I don't see much evidence of that. As it was, he didn't seem very  interested in explaining how not voting would in any way advance his cause. Its sheer hubris to think we were actually targeted with a mole, but maybe we were. Obama and his cretinous minions  will be pulling out all of the stops, and if they can convince us to not show up on election day to "punish" Mittens for being the stupid RINO douchebag he is,  then they will win.

Evidence suggesting a Mole:

1) Identifies as a Moderate ( but not the "liberal kind")
2) resorts almost immediately to name calling and derision
3) Reluctance to   address the points and concerns of others
4) Reluctance to  address questions about his own beliefs.
5) Actually defined a "Real conservative" with  expectation of lockstep adherence
6) Argued for the one course of action that would be the most destructive for our cause. (Well, except for voting for Obama because you want to get to the collapse quicker.... wait, maybe I am the mole!)

This is the sort of thing I see on Democratic Underground when they have an internal disagreement.
The Paulbot hypothesis is valid, but normally the Paulbot can't resist announcing his support for Ron Paul- its usually a matter of personal pride - proof they are better and smarter.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2012, 04:18:37 PM »
Hey Trap and IDP,

Thanks for letting him go on and..............Had a rough day and that was  ::hysterical:: ::whoohoo:: ::hysterical:: ::rolllaughing:: I needed it.

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2012, 04:48:10 PM »
Geez, what an idiot.

Anyone think he should be allowed to continue posting here? Or should I pull the plug on him for good?

Put one in the "yes" column.

I'm seeing this played out on several sites right now. One big one - Freerepublic - has gone almost entirely upside down over the promotion of Romney to "presumptive Republican Candidate" status. The angst and anger there has caused a huge number of defections...people moving to other sites (I don't know if he is one of them or not).

I think that LoudAmerican has value to contribute - if he can restrain himself from bashing the rest of us and focus his anger where it belongs - the left.

my .02

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2012, 04:59:15 PM »
Okay, time for some disclosure on my part.

One of the things I do on an on-again-off-again basis is shop for new members.

I post in a lot of different places and leave our site address. I make it quite clear who and what we are all about so that I don't purposefully attract libs, lib trolls and their ilk. But that doesn't prevent them from showing up anyway. You take the good with the bad. Some of you have found your way here because of the breadcrumbs that I (and IDP) have left in other places.

I have a firm belief that our site must have new blood coming in all the time in order for it to remain healthy. (So while I'm at it I will encourage everyone to invite people you know to become members) I believe that if our forum isn't growing then it is dying.

Well, for the last twenty four to forty eight hours I have been recruiting from other places. I try the obvious places like the Facebook pages of conservative radio talk show hosts. I try some other places that are not exactly safe or sure bets like the "politics" forum at Amazon. Saturday night I was fortunate enough to get our forum listed on AoS on the Overnight Thread. I would not, of course, dream of recruiting from obvious danger areas like, say, the PuffHo or the NYTs or Salon...no point in literally inviting trouble here. I know that IDP posts in a diary on Red State from time to time for more or less the same reason.

So, I have no idea where that clod came from but it was probably my doing. And because of that I pretty much took responsibility for it, vetted him myself and dropped the ban hammer. I could have dropped it much sooner but I felt that I was entitled to have some fun for my trouble and there was more than a little entertainment value in feeding him rope. (Maybe we should link to this particular exchange in the FAQs as what NOT to do here as a new member)

So...there you have it. It's probably my fault and I apologize to everyone for wasting their time on him. That said, my experience with this sort of thing is that I almost never end up with such a stinker. So I will keep trying to attract new members. I really don't want our forum to go the way of CT and wither to the point that it just flat out dies. So this is somewhat of a personal crusade of mine. But I could use (hint, hint) some help.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2012, 06:14:34 PM »
Certainly nothing to atone for Trap. Some of our most regular and valued members were invited in just such a manner. I'm not sure what this clown's game was, but I don't really care. I think Weisshaupt has it pegged pretty well. The guy wasn't engaging or defending anything - just dropping bombs. Even with attempts to engage him, and your mild admonition, he showed he was only interested in conflict for its own sake.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2012, 06:19:50 PM »

Well said, all. 

No apologies necessary, letting the topic "air out" was a fun change of pace, for this reader anyway.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2012, 06:38:46 PM »
Certainly nothing to atone for Trap. Some of our most regular and valued members were invited in just such a manner. I'm not sure what this clown's game was, but I don't really care. I think Weisshaupt has it pegged pretty well. The guy wasn't engaging or defending anything - just dropping bombs. Even with attempts to engage him, and your mild admonition, he showed he was only interested in conflict for its own sake.

Thanks, I just wanted everyone who is interested to understand the likely reason that this buffoon ended up on our doorstep.

And with that I am bowing out of this thread for the time being.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2012, 07:53:51 PM »
Okay, time for some disclosure on my part.

One of the things I do on an on-again-off-again basis is shop for new members.

I post in a lot of different places and leave our site address. I make it quite clear who and what we are all about so that I don't purposefully attract libs, lib trolls and their ilk. But that doesn't prevent them from showing up anyway. You take the good with the bad. Some of you have found your way here because of the breadcrumbs that I (and IDP) have left in other places.

I have a firm belief that our site must have new blood coming in all the time in order for it to remain healthy. (So while I'm at it I will encourage everyone to invite people you know to become members) I believe that if our forum isn't growing then it is dying.

Well, for the last twenty four to forty eight hours I have been recruiting from other places. I try the obvious places like the Facebook pages of conservative radio talk show hosts. I try some other places that are not exactly safe or sure bets like the "politics" forum at Amazon. Saturday night I was fortunate enough to get our forum listed on AoS on the Overnight Thread. I would not, of course, dream of recruiting from obvious danger areas like, say, the PuffHo or the NYTs or Salon...no point in literally inviting trouble here. I know that IDP posts in a diary on Red State from time to time for more or less the same reason.

So, I have no idea where that clod came from but it was probably my doing. And because of that I pretty much took responsibility for it, vetted him myself and dropped the ban hammer. I could have dropped it much sooner but I felt that I was entitled to have some fun for my trouble and there was more than a little entertainment value in feeding him rope. (Maybe we should link to this particular exchange in the FAQs as what NOT to do here as a new member)

So...there you have it. It's probably my fault and I apologize to everyone for wasting their time on him. That said, my experience with this sort of thing is that I almost never end up with such a stinker. So I will keep trying to attract new members. I really don't want our forum to go the way of CT and wither to the point that it just flat out dies. So this is somewhat of a personal crusade of mine. But I could use (hint, hint) some help.

Keep doing it all you want!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2012, 08:03:44 AM »

Well he was good at Loud. If he seemed interested in engaging with others and discussing, I would say keep him. However I don't see much evidence of that. As it was, he didn't seem very  interested in explaining how not voting would in any way advance his cause. Its sheer hubris to think we were actually targeted with a mole, but maybe we were. Obama and his cretinous minions  will be pulling out all of the stops, and if they can convince us to not show up on election day to "punish" Mittens for being the stupid RINO douchebag he is,  then they will win.

Evidence suggesting a Mole:

1) Identifies as a Moderate ( but not the "liberal kind")
2) resorts almost immediately to name calling and derision
3) Reluctance to   address the points and concerns of others
4) Reluctance to  address questions about his own beliefs.
5) Actually defined a "Real conservative" with  expectation of lockstep adherence
6) Argued for the one course of action that would be the most destructive for our cause. (Well, except for voting for Obama because you want to get to the collapse quicker.... wait, maybe I am the mole!)

This is the sort of thing I see on Democratic Underground when they have an internal disagreement.
The Paulbot hypothesis is valid, but normally the Paulbot can't resist announcing his support for Ron Paul- its usually a matter of personal pride - proof they are better and smarter.

Normally I would suspect this guy is a libnut plant sent to discourage people from voting for Romney so his Lord and Savior Obama can eek out a narrow victory this fall, but then he is either way too over the top stupid (even for a libnut) or perhaps we have a legitimate right-wing extremist Nazi type clown who hates everybody on our hands.  Perhaps David Duke is his ideal candidate?  The fact that he cannot list anyone he supports is indicative of a disingenuous person any way you cut it.  Free and open debate and discussion I like, asshattery and ad hom attacks simply to get himself off we do not need.  My 2 cents.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2012, 04:36:12 PM »
Considering how long we've all been at this (forum/politics/debating), having a rank amateur parachute in here expecting that "loud" repetition serves as a good argument is .... funny.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2012, 04:38:38 PM »
Considering how long we've all been at this (forum/politics/debating), having a rank amateur parachute in here expecting that "loud" repetition serves as a good argument is .... funny.

It kinda is. I was having a good time - up to a point - feeding him rope.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2012, 06:01:00 PM »

I thought it interesting in the wake of the other guy who thought we were too extreme to encounter this guy who thought we were all P-whipped. I don't expect - or even want a unison of voices. I like to test my ideas to gauge their strength and validity. But it has to be done with at least a modicum of civility.

C'est la vie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2012, 06:23:41 PM »
Civility with one another is an attractive feature of this forum. But I'm even less concerned with civility than I am with intellectual honesty, coherent thought in defense of ones positions, and demonstrating through these things that one is not here under false pretenses.

A basic understanding ought to be that coming here for the sole purpose of harassment and ridicule will be dealt with. Such a person will not likely evolve into a valued member.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2012, 06:41:13 PM »
  I just wish they would be here long enough to slap around a little.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2012, 07:39:03 PM »

Me n Trap were kicking 'im around all day yesterday. Where were you?

::pokeineye:: ::stirpot::

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2012, 08:00:06 PM »

Thanks, I just wanted everyone who is interested to understand the likely reason that this buffoon ended up on our doorstep.

And with that I am bowing out of this thread for the time being.

You mean you DIDN'T hire that guy as a welcome present for me, to be the straight man for my Velostat® joke?

Boy, I hope no innocents were hurt in the fallout...
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2012, 08:01:23 PM »

I haven't stopped kicking him, actually.

And it seems that several people wish that he was still here to kick around in person. Maybe I shouldn't have been so hard on the moron. Maybe I should have held off on the ban hammer for a day or two. Too late now.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2012, 08:06:27 PM »

work. ::gaah::
 Filippo Mazzie