Author Topic: Can Ron Paul Deny Romney?  (Read 871 times)

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Can Ron Paul Deny Romney?
« on: May 09, 2012, 09:11:05 AM »
Ron Paul Could Still Win Enough Delegates To Deny Mitt Romney The Republican Nomination

http://www.rightsidenews.info/2012050816182/us/politics-and-economics/ron-paul-could-still-win-enough-delegates-to-deny-mitt-romney-the-republican-nomination.html?utm_source=Right+Side+News&utm_campaign=0197e422fa-daily-rss-newsletter&utm_medium=email

Open convention?

Looks like it could be interesting.

Lot going on.

Will the Whigs survive this?

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Can Ron Paul Deny Romney?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 09:47:50 AM »
Yeah, I dunno, how much of this delegate sapping real and how much of it is hyped and bogus?

I always get skeptical of delegate shenanigans...too many layers of selection to go through and people tend to vote for those they know and people either know you are a rock-ribbed conservative, or not, or a Paul supporter and that representation bubbles up and can get more diluted the higher you go because the long-time PTB's in party politics tend to dominate the upper levels (mostly Ruling Class types, unfortunately)...so...

...Unless the Libertarians have mounted a mutli-decade effort to infiltrate ever level (especially the senior levels) of local and state GOP parties by posing as rank-and-file Repub's...the chances of an open convention are dim at best.

The most common form of delegate flipping occurs at the convention when the delegates for the perceived primary winner lobby the rest to throw in at some point to make the final nomination as close to unanimous as possible (aka "herd mentality").

Don't get me wrong, a brokered convention wouldn't upset me, I'm just not certain Paul is the replacement candidate I could swallow.  But seeing as I would be swallowing some crap one way or another I cannot say for I would not support Paul if by some miracle he ended up the choice.

Getting Obama out is paramount...even if the alternative offers up a new set of worries...

Pretty pathetic, huh?

Welcome to the America we live in now...

::facepalm::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 10:13:31 AM »
I agree that Paul may not be the ideal candidate of choice.
But, an open convention (as opposed to a brokered convention) may yet bring us a good candidate.

Besides the huge philosophical chasm I have with Romney, the enthusiasm isn't there.
Result lower turnout.

The most electable candidate that Romney claims may be a myth.

Romney may give the election to O

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 10:35:13 AM »
Hey, don't look at me to bet against moderate repub's stepping on thier own unit, but anything can happen.  It's just that anything covers a lot of ground!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 11:39:53 AM »

And the consequences are usually unintended.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 07:21:20 PM »
Hey, don't look at me to bet against moderate repub's stepping on thier own unit, but anything can happen.  It's just that anything covers a lot of ground!

After what they've done to REAL conservatives, I'd say they've earned it.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 09:55:28 PM »
Yeah, can't really work up a good fight over that one either my friend.