Author Topic: Stacy McCain, blogger aka "The Other McCain" ...  (Read 10887 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Stacy McCain, blogger aka "The Other McCain" ...
« on: May 21, 2012, 09:18:09 PM »
... Has chosen to vacate his premises for his safety and that of his family because of the danger from convicted terrorist Brett Kimberlin.

Start here, scroll down and work backwards.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Stacy McCain, blogger aka "The Other McCain" ...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 09:48:13 PM »
I said a prayer. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 11:42:10 PM »

Started, said a prayer, got this far:
[blockquote]
       In fact, this crisis is an answer to prayer: My wife and I had been contemplating whether to leave Maryland, and had asked that God would give us a sign. Guess we got what we prayed for — unexpectedly!
[/blockquote]

Be careful what you ask for.  God wrote the law, therefore, one of His qualities
is that He thinks like a lawyer, so, He listens carefully and closely to what we say.  
Be careful, be very, very careful.

charlesoakwood

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 07:12:07 AM »
Breitbart exposed this bastard a year and a half ago!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2010/10/11/Progressives-Embrace-Convicted-Terrorist

Umm...this would seem to indicate even to the most naive person that we are literally in a war with the Left in this nation.  The elite of the Left are supporting this murderous terrorist bastard, and we blog and rant about the injustice of it all...

This bastard is getting loads of Leftist cash and is terrorizing conservatives.

Enough is enough!  I am not afraid to say it...conservatives under attack have to hire some bad asses and go right after this trash!  The LE community is ill-equipped and uninterested in tracking this sh*t down, so once more we have to do it ourselves...or just let them kill and bully us!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 01:22:54 PM »
I don't know if you been following the stories about the problem some bloggers such as Robert Stacy McCain, Patterico, Liberty Chick, Aaron Worthing, and Virginia attorney Aaron Walker have been having with harassment by a convicted felon, domestic bomber Brett Kimberlin.  Kimberlin now runs a not-for-profit called the Justice Through Music Project.  Kimberlin, a jailhouse lawyer, has also filed dozens of suits.  Stacy McCain has actually moved to an undisclosed location because of threats.  Lee Stranahan has put together a short video on Kimberlin's criminal career and asks that this Friday be Blog about Brett Kimberlin Day.

I thought the name was vaguely familiar when I heard it this week.  It turns out that Kimberlin has been spreading lies about conservatives for almost as long as he's been a criminal.  Remember the risible story that then-Vice President Dan Quayle had been a drug user?  The source was a jailbird named Brett Kimberlin.

Upon his final release from prison, you'd think the reality-based community would figure out Kimberlin is a con man.  I mean, it's not as if no one has ever written about his lies.  The reporter who broke the story about Quayle wrote an entire book in 1996 on how Kimberlin had repeatedly lied to him.  Instead of being an outcast, Kimberlin now seems to be a progressive institution.  

Kimberlin is a known associate of Neal Rauhauser, a Democrat campaign consultant who has described himself as a computer "hacker." Kimberlin, director of the tax-exempt Justice Through Music Project, is also involved in another tax-exempt group, Velvet Revolution, which has gained national attention by demanding criminal prosecution of high-profile figures including Republican strategist Karl Rove, U.S. Chamber of Commerce president Tom Donohue, and the late Internet news entrepreneur Andrew Breitbart. Kimberlin's name also surfaced last year in connection with the so-called "Anonymous" international hacker conspiracy. Kimberlin has pursued numerous strategies to harass journalists and bloggers who have attempted to call attention to his criminal past and his notorious dishonesty - a "top-flight con man," as Publisher's Weekly called him in a review of award-winning journalist Mark Singer's 1996 book, Citizen K: The Deeply Weird American Journey of Brett Kimberlin.

Convicted of drug smuggling and forging documents as well as numerous violent felonies, Kimberlin claims to have ceased his lifelong criminal career after being released from federal prison in 2000. Yet his habitual dishonesty - Kimberlin was first convicted of perjury at age 18 - appears unchanged. As recently as 2007, Time magazine reported that Kimberlin was gaining notoriety on progressive blog sites by "repeatedly asserting as fact things that are not true." According to Walker, Kimberlin falsely accused him of assault after a courthouse encounter in which Kimberlin attempted to photograph Walker in violation of court policy. Walker says Maryland officials have refused to investigate his complaints of criminal actions by Kimberlin, and has asked his blog readers to contact those officials to demand action.

That TIME article, "The Wizard of Odd," details how Kimberlin used personal contacts and some heavy stroking of the political far left's insistence that the 2004 presidential election had been stolen to become a player in the 2007 debate over the validity of electronic voting.  Because his contacts had gathered some valid information, Kimberlin was able to leverage said information for access to credible opinion-makers in academia think-tanks and in government.  This access, in turn, helped Kimberlin further stoke the more lunatic fringes on the left.

I was a subscriber to the New Yorker when they ran Mark Singer's story about how he came to know that Kimberlin had been lying to him about Dan Quayle.  After reading that piece, I decided not to renew my subscription.  I don't think I have picked up a copy since except to kill time in a waiting room.  Not only had a magazine once renowned for its fact-checking originally run an inflammatory accusation, the sole source of which was a man sitting in prison for a bombing, but Singer had been an entirely willing dupe.  I remember being appalled.  Singer's rationale for swallowing what was an obvious fabrication boiled down to the expression of a wish.  The story should have been true.  In a better world, it would have been true.  Why?  Because it is an ironclad law for sophisticated New Yorkers that that all conservatives are hypocrites?  Midwestern conservatives doubly so?  Singer wanted that story to be true so badly that he willingly surrendered whatever common sense he possessed until the stench of Kimberlin's collective lies became too obvious to ignore.

Fast-forward a decade.  When I look at the institutions that poured money into Kimberlin's 501(c)(3) after it offered the reward for proof that the 2004 presidential election was stolen, there seem to be even more marks like Singer out there.  The Justice Through Music Project has collected $1.8 million from the usual suspects on the political left over the last eight years, including these grants.

Farview Foundation ..................................... $9,000

Tides Foundation ........................................ $60,000
Fidelity Investments Charitable Gift ......... $45,000
HKH Foundation ...................................... $20,000
Heinz Family Foundation ......................... $20,000
Olive Branch Foundation ......................... $15,000
Farview Foundation ................................. $10,000
Barbra Streisand Foundation .....................$5,000

Fidelity Investments Charitable Gift ......... $19,000

Threshold Foundation ............................ $20,000
Tides Foundation .................................... $10,000
Nathan Cummings Foundation ............... $10,000
Fidelity Investments Charitable Gift ......... $20,000
Fred Gellert Family Foundation ................ $5,000
Silicon Valley Community Foundation ..... $5,000
Barbra Streisand Foundation .................... $5,000

Schwab Charitable Fund ............................ $10,000
Silicon Valley Community Foundation .... $10,000
Fidelity Investments Charitable Gift ......... $6,000

TOTAL (2005-2009) ..................................$304,000

One hazard of living in a world in which things have to be true simply because you want them to be true is that such a world is also highly attractive to con men and women.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/05/the_left_and_con_men.html#ixzz1vibheIe1

Aaron Worthing and his wife BOTH lost their jobs because their employers were fearful of what this Kimberlin cretin might do.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 01:30:35 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 01:32:38 PM »
Michelle Malkin weighs in:

For those of you who are old fogies in the blogosphere, you’ll remember the “blogburst” concept — hundreds of bloggers of all sizes getting together to push an idea or action item. In this case, a blogburst would raise the cost of the online terrorists’ speech-squelching business immensely. It’s a collective show of support and force.

Along those same lines, Stranahan has proposed that Friday be “Everybody Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day.”
Even a simple link, e-mail, or tweet will do.

I will join and I hope you will find a way to spread word about this horrifying saga, too (it gets worse, believe me). The targeted victims — past, present, and future — will need not only media support, but sustained financial support. A few good and brave philanthropists could come in handy right about now.

We should add our two cents right here on Friday.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 01:35:18 PM »
Kimberlin needs to be taken out of the picture.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 01:36:40 PM »
So say we all!   ::thumbsup::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 01:54:58 PM »
Ed Morrisey's piece.

Ed touches on the fact that he was under threat at one time, something I did not know.

Edit:

Brett Kimberlin, convicted bomber; photo found here.

H/T commenter at Hot Air
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 02:00:05 PM by Pandora »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 02:01:31 PM »
Huh, why am I not surprised?   ::gaah::

This guy has to be dealt with, and the outfits funding him have to be hounded 24/7/365!

If enough people rise up none of these thugs can get away with squat!

And if this POS Kimberlin wants enemies, I say we give him lots!

;)

ETA - I think I'll recognize this punk if I see him. 

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 04:43:45 PM »

He looks like a weir doe.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 09:17:41 AM »

Today is “Everybody Blog Brett Kimberlin Day.”

The National Bloggers Club has been a valuable ally in supporting and defending bloggers targeted by harassment and intimidation. Today is “Everybody Blog Brett Kimberlin Day.” I join with National Bloggers Club president Ali Akbar in sincerely requesting that readers concerned about defending First Amendment rights online visit the club’s special site,KimberlinFiles.org , and please give generously. Fellow bloggers can help by including the image and link in their coverage of the Kimberlin case.

Robert Stacy McCain, Whereabouts Unknown

See:
http://1389blog.com/2012/05/25/friday-may-25-2012-everybody-blog-about-brett-kimberlin-day/

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 09:25:57 AM »
An account of Patterico's travails at the hands of Kimberlin, Neal Rauhauser and Ron Brynaert and their organizations, Velvet Revolution and Justice Through Music:

http://patterico.com/2012/05/25/convicted-bomber-brett-kimberlin-neal-rauhauser-ron-brynaert-and-their-campaign-of-political-terrorism/

In the last radio interview Andrew Breitbart ever gave, on Hugh Hewitt’s radio show, Breitbart talked about a new ruthless tactic used by thugs against political opponents:

• ne of the things they’ve done to people who have worked with me in the past, including an L.A. prosecutor, is to “SWAT.” That means that they’re spoofing phones, pretending to be somebody else’s phone, calling 911, and saying “I killed somebody” and then the person’s home is met with the guns drawn, the SWAT and the helicopters, in a horrifying act. It’s happened twice: once in New Jersey, once in Los Angeles, with an L.A. County . . . prosecutor who [is] associated with me.”[/i]

I am that L.A. County prosecutor. And in this post, you’ll hear the hoax call that sent police to my house, pointing loaded guns at me.
The Blaze joined the "blog about Brett Kimberlin" day as well:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/readymeet-soros-funded-domestic-terrorist-brett-kimberlin-whose-job-is-terrorizing-bloggers-into-silence/

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 09:40:50 AM »
Beck talking about Kimberlin on the radio right now.

ETA:  And has Patterico (Patrick Frey) on right now to describe what's been happening to him.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 09:44:18 AM by Pandora »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 03:14:35 PM »
If you follow the blogosphere, you’ll know that bloggers who criticize left-wing activist and convicted bomber Brett Kimberlin have been harassed. While doing some research on Mr. Kimberlin, I discovered he runs a group called Justice Through Music, which has received money from Soros and other rich progressives. Looking on JTMP’s front page, I discovered this interesting little bit of information.

MAY 24, 2012 - JTMP has been a participant in the State Department’s International Visitor Leadership Programfor 3 years now, where citizens from around the world involved in the arts get to come to America and visit to learn about the role of arts in the US. This year we had visitors that came from Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iraq, Egypt, Jordan and Tunisia to see how Justice Through Music Project uses art to raise awareness on issues, and to bring about social change. This year’s contingent had musicians, playwrights, and people involved in art production. We gave them a presentation and showed them many of our musical art videos that deal with politics and issues, while we spoke about how we operate and produce our art videos. We then showed them how we use this art on our website and YouTube channel to raise awareness on an issue to help bring about positive social change.

Here’s a bit  more info about the International Visitor Leadership Program:

The International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) is the U.S. Department of State’s premier professional exchange program.  Launched in 1940, the IVLP is a professional exchange program that seeks to build mutual understanding between the U.S. and other nations through carefully designed short-term visits to the U.S. for current and emerging foreign leaders.  These visits reflect the International Visitors’ professional interests and support the foreign policy goals of the United States.

Who are International Visitors?
    International Visitors are current or emerging leaders in government, politics, the media, education, the arts, business and other key fields. Over 5,000 International Visitors come to the United States from all over the world each year. Since its inception in 1940, thousands of distinguished individuals have participated in the International Visitor Leadership Program, including 330 current and former Chiefs of State and Heads of Government, thousands of cabinet-level ministers, and many other distinguished leaders from the public and private sectors.

So why is the State Department partnering with a convicted bomber and having him meet important people from around the world we’re trying to influence to like America? Who vets these organizations in the State Department? Is Brett Kimberlin the man we want to try and “win the hearts and minds” of the rest of the world?

LINK

::facepalm::

H/T Hot Air

charlesoakwood

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 07:44:26 PM »

Undermining America since before WWII, the U.S. State Department.
Maybe this should be Levin's job; prosecutor's heaven.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 03:11:48 PM »
Kimberlin needs to be taken out of the picture.

Fixed
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 12:37:17 AM »
Erick Erickson and family SWATted this weekend.

Not as traumatic as it was for the Pattericos; Erickson warned his Sheriff it might happen.