Author Topic: The Texas Primary  (Read 1660 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
The Texas Primary
« on: May 24, 2012, 09:14:55 PM »
Interesting for two reasons.

First is that, as in Arkansas and Louisiana, John Wolfe will be running against BO for the Democrat presidential nomination. Hope his numbers come in even stronger.

Second and more importantly, Ted Cruz is running for the Senate nomination. I have already contacted all of my relatives who live in Texas and encouraged them to vote for Cruz...early voting started today.

So...if you are pissed off that Hatch is going to win in UT you can take comfort if Cruz wins in TX. That's a big Tea Party victory if Cruz pulls it off.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

Re: The Texas Primary
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 09:35:48 PM »

Right on.

And if you would like to see Cruz in the senate send him some money.
David (Butthead kisser) Dewhurst is his competitor.  Dewhurst is the
man responsible for killing the bill that would have prohibited the TSA
doing patdowns in Texas.  Dewhurst is a multimillionaire and is supported
by the TPOS Butthead team and big RINO money.  On the other hand
Mark Levin and Sarah Palin are supporting Cruz.  But they ain't rich and
Ted needs your money.  IIRC Cruz, on Texas behalf, has argued before
the SCOTUS two times and has won both times, maybe more.

http://www.tedcruz.org/bio/
http://www.morganlewis.com/bios/tcruz
http://www.tedcruz.org/

You'd think Obama's people were opposing Cruz, look at this www.therealtedcruz.com.
Dewhurst is a sorry piece of work, he'll rubber stamp every Mytch proposal.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 08:26:43 AM »
Agreed, Dewhurst is a Ruling Class pile...he needs to be soundly defeated...and lets face it if Cruz carries the GOP banner he wins in November...we need Cruz in the Senate real bad, that chamber has to grow more conservative and more assertive, or 2013 will be little different from what we've already seen!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 11:09:33 AM »
Well, if you know anyone in Texas you should give them a call or send them an email and remind them to vote for Cruz...either in early voting or on Tuesday. Post it to your Facebook page if you have one. All that crap. I don't think that Hatch can be defeated in the UT primary but Cruz is at least a possibility.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 09:49:26 AM »

Right Scoop   

"Mark Levin said on the radio tonight that a desperate David Dewhurst has released a radio ad falsely attacking Ted Cruz for supporting amnesty, but that “Ted Cruz has never supported amnesty and will never support amnesty”. Levin says that it’s Dewhurst who supported instate tuition for illegal aliens, defended sanctuary cities, opposed e-verify and has waffled on building a border fence."

Mark Levin defends Ted Cruz over false attack ad by David Dewhurst

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:11:16 AM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 07:14:32 PM »
Results coming...

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 07:23:28 PM »
Texas Secretary of State official results are here.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 07:26:24 PM »
Top vote getters:

Ted Cruz      30.34%
David Dewhurst   44.74%
Tom Leppert   16.50%

And that would be with 33 of   8,779 Precincts or 0.38% so far in.

If these numbers hold (and who knows at this point) then there will be a run off.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 07:28:38 PM »
Also remember that Dewhurst has the support of Rick Perry. Perry is "all in" for Dewhurst which means that his re-election as governor may be dependent on Dewhurst prevailing.

Cruz is the Tea Party favorite with support from Palin, Levin and others.

Next report from me at 5% to 10%. Others can report results whenever they like.

Not sure if this is correct or not but the SoS page is indicating that these are "early" votes which may mean that we aren't seeing actual polling results from today's voting yet. Don't know. The page lists "early votes" and "total votes" and that's it.

Something else to sort of watch for is the turnout by party. The Republican turnout is running roughly double the Democrat turnout for about the same percent precincts reporting. This number will be definitive, of course, only at the end of the contest when all votes are in. For right now there is no way to judge which Democrat versus Republican precincts are in and there can be staggering differences between rural precincts and the urban ones. Another point about turnout: The Democrats do have some votes to cast other than for president so there are real actual reasons for them to turn out and vote...it's not as if voting for BO is the only thing on the ticket.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:00:02 PM by trapeze »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 07:34:35 PM »
So far John Wolfe, the far left competition for BO in the Democrat presidential primary, is having little to no impact with less than 5% of the vote.

I won't be covering this one unless he gets into at least double digits which, at this point, seems unlikely.

So...

...darn, no repeat of Arkansas or West Virginia for BO.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 08:29:02 PM »
Top vote getters:

Ted Cruz      30.34%
David Dewhurst   44.74%
Tom Leppert   16.50%

And that would be with 33 of   8,779 Precincts or 0.38% so far in.

If these numbers hold (and who knows at this point) then there will be a run off.

A two-way runoff? Which way does Leppert lean, conservative or Rino?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 08:32:33 PM »
I honestly do not know. He was a Dallas mayor and when I lived in that area Dallas mayors were not known for being Tea Party-like. They were mostly known for being Democrats.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 08:36:21 PM »
Oh, and with less than 4% precincts reporting, Romney has been granted the win and the delegate count for the nomination.

I suppose we can expect to hear a speech tonight from Mittens and I sure hope he uses it to change the subject off of Trump.

Seriously, Trump needs to be put in a closet and kept there. If he had entertained any notions of a place in the admin this week's birtherism bleatings will almost certainly deny him so much as an ambassadorship in Guam.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 08:37:20 PM »
I honestly do not know. He was a Dallas mayor and when I lived in that area Dallas mayors were not known for being Tea Party-like. They were mostly known for being Democrats.

So if that is indeed the case, then Leppert's support might go to Dewhurst in a two-way Cruz/Dewhurst runoff.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 08:37:59 PM »
5% now reporting and the above percentages for Cruz, Dewhurst and Leppert have not changed significantly.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 08:39:53 PM »

So if that is indeed the case, then Leppert's support might go to Dewhurst in a two-way Cruz/Dewhurst runoff.

I wish I could say. I truly have no idea.

I think that if it went to a two way runoff between Cruz and Dewhurst you can expect a lot more money pouring in for Cruz. Dewhurst is said to have spent something like $12 million of his own money so far. Not much to show for that kind of money with Perry's endorsement on top of it.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 08:49:28 PM »
The AP results seem to be coming in quite a bit faster than the link I listed above.

Dewhurst, David   GOP   304,700   48%
Cruz, Ted           GOP   196,461   31%
Leppert, Tom   GOP   87,255   14%

That's with 9% reporting.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 09:05:55 PM »
Now with 16% reporting...

Dewhurst, David   GOP   326,277   47%
Cruz, Ted            GOP   211,285   31%
Leppert, Tom   GOP   93,539   14%

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 09:09:28 PM »
And in other Texas news...

...that carjacking moron who decided to "escape" to the cab of the construction crane at SMU...

...voluntarily fell to his death at 2AM this morning. He was armed with a can of spray lubricant which he used on the police just before letting go. So there is some gruesome video at that link if this primary is too boring.

Darwin Award Winner, I guess.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:12:35 PM by trapeze »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 09:13:06 PM »
21% and no change.