Author Topic: "Let's Move" dishes out advice on "healthy meal planning"  (Read 730 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Let's Move" dishes out advice on "healthy meal planning"
« on: June 03, 2012, 01:31:47 PM »
... a link on the HHS Web site’s home page to the “Let’s Move” Web site, which promotes first lady Michelle Obama’s campaign against childhood obesity. “Let’s Move” is listed as one of HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius’s “Key Initiative” sites.

“Measure out standard servings and always eat from a bowl or plate,” the “Let’s Move” Web site advises on its “Plan a Healthy Meal” page. “Eating from the carton or bag makes it easy to lose track of your portions and can cause you and your family members to have too much.”

... The Web site warns against forcing children to “clean their plates if they are full” and says that the recommended plates and bowls should be smaller “at home.”

LINK

Aside from being ridiculous advice to civilized people, sometimes it's just more convenient for those same civilized people to occasionally eat from the carton.  More importantly, this nanny-ing advice contradicts the greenie-wienie insistence on "using less" which would include the electricity, water and dish soap for cleaning those "plates and bowls .... that should be smaller 'at home'".

Romney should make it a point of endlessly repeating the current regime's insistence on scarcity --less, less, less -- as opposed to his policy of wide-spread abundance.

These people are friggin schizoid; they're driving otherwise sane people mad.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: "Let's Move" dishes out advice on "healthy meal planning"
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 10:08:55 PM »
Please, somebody do America a favor and target such crap for DOS attacks!   ::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 03:56:32 AM »
When Michelle first started talking about "Let's Move" , I was hoping she meant " Back to Chicago " . No such luck ! ::gaah::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 05:55:29 PM »
Mrs. Obama’s Back to School Message: ‘Exciting Changes’ in Cafeteria

First Lady Michelle Obama delivered a back to school message for children to inform them of the “exciting changes” to their lunchrooms this year, thanks to federally mandated healthy food choices now in effect.

In a video message taped outside the White House, which was featured on the Let's Move! blog last week, Mrs. Obama welcomed kids back to another year of “learning, discovery, hard work and fun.”

“And today I want to tell you about some exciting changes that you’ll be seeing in your school cafeterias,” she said.  “Starting this year, the talented people who cook the food at your school will be offering all kinds of healthy, delicious new choices.  Foods that are good for you and that taste good, too.”

“These healthy foods are good for your body, they’ll give you energy and make you stronger and they’re also good for your mind,” Mrs. Obama said.

“Studies show that when you eat healthy foods like fruits and vegetables that can actually help you pay attention in class and do a better job on your homework and tests.”

“And that’s really what this is all about,” she said.

... The addition of healthy selections is courtesy of the “Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act,” which was signed into law on Dec. 13, 2010.  The act subsidizes and regulates what children eat before school, at lunch, after school, and during summer vacations in federally funded school-based feeding programs.

It also, for the first time, gives the federal government the authority to regulate the food sold at local schools, including in vending machines.

During the signing ceremony for the law, Mrs. Obama said the federal government has a responsibility for what children eat at school.  “When our kids spend so much of their time each day in school, and when many children get up to half their daily calories from school meals, it’s clear that we as a nation have a responsibility to meet as well,” she said.

“We can’t just leave it up to the parents,” Mrs. Obama said.

It was by her instigation that the law was passed and I'm going to smash that fact into the face of the next Leftist who avers nothing she preaches has the power of law.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 05:58:11 PM »
"We can't just leave it up to the parents."

If that doesn't make you want to slit throats, you don't have a red-blooded pulse.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 07:59:59 AM »
My pulse is racing...I take that as a positive sign.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.