Author Topic: Prometheus  (Read 6731 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Prometheus
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2012, 11:24:27 AM »
I read (somewhere) that the role of Wournos permanently altered Theron's psyche (the piece was not written by "her people"); if so, I'm not surprised she's taken on, since then, less challenging roles.

She did an okay job in "The Legend of Bagger Vance", was very good in "The Astronaut's Wife" and "Hancock".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2012, 06:48:23 AM »
"Stunning (in spite of the fact that her nostrils are asymmetrical)."

::hysterical::

Not a nose man myself...having a fairly good-sized beak myself I would not have noticed that!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2012, 09:55:13 AM »

Not a nose man myself...having a fairly good-sized beak myself I would not have noticed that!

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2012, 10:03:09 AM »

Intolerable!

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2012, 10:13:00 AM »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2012, 10:17:17 AM »
Saw it last night.
Interesting
It definitely wasn't scary like the first Alien

Very little "action" as in blood, guts and gore.

It wasn't one of the best I ever saw but not a bad movie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2012, 04:26:35 PM »

Who gave her the hicky?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2012, 04:27:47 PM »
What hickey?  She fell.  No, she walked into a door.  Yeah!  That's the ticket!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2012, 04:38:40 PM »
Who gave her the hicky?

I would have liked to
 ;D

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2012, 04:57:51 PM »

Who gave her the hicky?

::pimp::

Shh. She told me she didn't want anybody making a big deal out of it.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2012, 03:08:20 PM »
LINK

I’ve seen two of the summer’s big pictures so far — this and The Avengers — and both engaged with issues and expressed points of view normally repellent to the shallow leftists who’ve dominated the entertainment industry far too long.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2012, 03:20:09 PM »
LINK

I’ve seen two of the summer’s big pictures so far — this and The Avengers — and both engaged with issues and expressed points of view normally repellent to the shallow leftists who’ve dominated the entertainment industry far too long.

Interesting discussion with Frank Porretto in the PJMedia comments at the link.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2012, 03:34:31 PM »
I gotta stop reading this stuff...i didn't get to go last weekend and trying to figure out when.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2012, 03:56:37 PM »

Indeed. Oh hey, did you follow his link to his latest book?

LINK

Might be worth a look if anyone is into SciFi reading.

A quote from one of the reviewers:

Be prepared to spend more time than usual wrestling with your take on "Which Art In Hope." It reminded me of vintage Heinlein - not in style, necessarily, but in how he's not afraid to have his heroes (and "villains?") address questions of ethics in strong clear terms. This isn't just space-opera.

I gotta stop reading this stuff...i didn't get to go last weekend and trying to figure out when.

Heh, yeah I haven't seen it either. Am looking forward to it. But I have no TV and don't visit the cinema. I'll be waiting to get it on NetFlix in a few months.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2012, 07:09:34 PM »

Indeed. Oh hey, did you follow his link to his latest book?

LINK

Might be worth a look if anyone is into SciFi reading.

A quote from one of the reviewers:

Be prepared to spend more time than usual wrestling with your take on "Which Art In Hope." It reminded me of vintage Heinlein - not in style, necessarily, but in how he's not afraid to have his heroes (and "villains?") address questions of ethics in strong clear terms. This isn't just space-opera.

Heh, yeah I haven't seen it either. Am looking forward to it. But I have no TV and don't visit the cinema. I'll be waiting to get it on NetFlix in a few months.

My brother in law is an IMAX junkie and told me it was great in IMAX.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2012, 07:59:57 PM »
I saw it in IMAX 3-D.  $17 per ticket!  Plus a $2 "convenience fee"! 

I wouldn't mind going back to see it again, but honestly I would just prefer to see it on a regular screen.  I noticed very little 3-D effect, which on the one hand I guess is good because overdone 3-D would be worse, but I'm just one of those people who has to stare at those hidden image puzzles for like 10 minutes before I see the illusion so maybe 3-D is not for me.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2012, 08:09:21 PM »
I saw it in IMAX 3-D.  $17 per ticket!  Plus a $2 "convenience fee"! 

I wouldn't mind going back to see it again, but honestly I would just prefer to see it on a regular screen.  I noticed very little 3-D effect, which on the one hand I guess is good because overdone 3-D would be worse, but I'm just one of those people who has to stare at those hidden image puzzles for like 10 minutes before I see the illusion so maybe 3-D is not for me.

I can take or leave the IMAX 3D...but if I go with the brother in law, its IMAX. Actually, I enjoyed The Avengers in IMAX.

He is a techo junkie. He has a media room with a large screen...I believe 8' wide, so I rarely go back..Just wait for the Blu ray.