Author Topic: Unplugged metal detector triggers JFK chaos  (Read 1539 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Unplugged metal detector triggers JFK chaos
« on: June 24, 2012, 09:50:33 PM »
JFK's Terminal 7 screener, Alija Abdul Majed, had no idea the metal detector at his station was unplugged.  No one seems to know how long the detector was inoperable, but at a little after 9:30 AM, the discovery resulted in hours of delays, the evacuation of the international terminal and recalls of planes that had recently taken off.

LINK

Now.  Whoever believes Alija is just your run-of-the-mill TSA dumbass, please raise your left hand. 

Anybody feeling a tad suspicious about a 'slim, employed at an airport manning an international terminal with duh! inoperative equipment, go stand to the right, you bigots.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
Re: Unplugged metal detector triggers JFK chaos
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 10:41:25 PM »
Which way is right, again?
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 10:51:30 PM »
You don't know?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 10:55:59 PM »

The cord got tangled in his beard.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 11:36:26 PM »
JFK's Terminal 7 screener, Alija Abdul Majed, had no idea the metal detector at his station was unplugged.  No one seems to know how long the detector was inoperable, but at a little after 9:30 AM, the discovery resulted in hours of delays, the evacuation of the international terminal and recalls of planes that had recently taken off.

LINK

Now.  Whoever believes Alija is just your run-of-the-mill TSA dumbass, please raise your left hand. 

Anybody feeling a tad suspicious about a 'slim, employed at an airport manning an international terminal with duh! inoperative equipment, go stand to the right, you bigots.

;D                                                                                                                                                                                          

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 12:33:24 AM »
I cannot believe my country is insane enough to employ Muslims at airports.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 12:34:49 AM »

Me either.  Come stand by me and LV.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 01:51:53 AM »

Well of course it is!  If we were to acknowledge that people of a particular profile (i.e. male, Middle Eastern, Muslim) are many times more likely than the at-large population to commit terrorist acts, and were to adjust our behavior and policies in light of this knowledge, that would mean we had Sacrificed Our Highest ValuesTM and had Let The Terrorists WinTM.  See if we do anything to minimize the threat posed by Islamic terrorism, then Islamic terrorism wins!

I'm not even sure what you call insanity such as this.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 01:57:10 AM »
Not insane; UNsane.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 07:39:52 AM »
Unsanity is the prevailing SOP.

I refuse to fly, thus I do not go to airports, thus I am not going to be a party to the unsanity.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 07:50:19 AM »
You don't know?

Is it port or starboard?
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 07:56:35 AM »
You don't know?

Is it port or starboard?

Starboard is right, port is left.  Stay to starboard!   ;)

But you knew that!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 07:59:20 AM »
You don't know?

Is it port or starboard?

Starboard is right, port is left.  Stay to starboard!   ;)

But you knew that!

I don't know port from starboard.  But I do know if I stand on Pan's right I'll be okay.    ;D
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 09:36:15 AM »
Unsanity is the prevailing SOP.

I refuse to fly, thus I do not go to airports, thus I am not going to be a party to the unsanity.

Er, not quite Libertas. Seems the vaunted feds have come up with a fix for people with your (our) mindset...

LINK

The Transportation Security Administration already shares intelligence it collects with airports. Now a House bill would expand TSA's intel sharing to local mass transit systems as well.

And of course, if that isn't enough well then there's always this:

LINK

PORTLAND, Tenn. – You're probably used to seeing TSA's signature blue uniforms at the airport, but now agents are hitting the interstates to fight terrorism with Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR).

So as you can plainly see, the feds end-game with all of this is rather simple: If you plan to step foot outside your house, you will be scrutinized by the TSA - no matter if you are planing to fly or use some other mode of conveyance.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 09:55:18 AM »
That's OK, they are out of their natural element and as such, well, there is a lot of roadkill littering our byways...accidents happen.

;D