Author Topic: Peter Schiff has an interesting take on SCOTUS ruling  (Read 497 times)

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Peter Schiff has an interesting take on SCOTUS ruling
« on: June 30, 2012, 01:08:22 PM »
http://youtu.be/NNCyEC9r_mk

The Supreme Court is wrong: ObamaCare is UNCONSTITUTIONAL

He says there is no enforcement mechanism to collect the tax if you don't pay

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Peter Schiff has an interesting take on SCOTUS ruling
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 01:59:56 PM »
http://youtu.be/NNCyEC9r_mk

The Supreme Court is wrong: ObamaCare is UNCONSTITUTIONAL

He says there is no enforcement mechanism to collect the tax if you don't pay

"there is no enforcement mechanism to collect the tax if you don't pay--- yet"

There. fixed it for ya.

The "logic" used in this decision is typical libtard language mangling. They, sadly, think such verbal antics to be "clever" instead of realizing it just makes you look like and ass to thinking people.

The destruction of 1/7th of the US economy was the agenda. Destroying private health care was the agenda. Destroying the Catholic Church's outreach in that area was the agenda. And now they have a hole in the constitution so large that they can run anything through it.

Here are some suggestions:

Every child 12 years or older must be sent to training and become proficient in firearms, or you pay a 'Tax"
Every person must write a 3 page essay praising the Christian God every quarter. You pay a tax if a board of officials find you plagiarized  or weren't "Pious" enough
Every Child must be sent to a indoctrination course and  taught creationism and that homosexuality is sinful, or pay a tax.

Against your rights? Unconstitutional?  How so? You aren't being "forced to do it" - you can choose to pay the tax.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 04:05:03 PM »
Against your rights? Unconstitutional?  How so? You aren't being "forced to do it" - you can choose to pay the tax.

Exactly so. We have discussed this relatively new phenomenon several times on here, the idea that they can skirt around theoretical limits on their power by instead compelling you to "voluntarily" give up this or that right. I have struggled to come up with a descriptive term for it, but settled on "mandatorily voluntary". In their overwrought, semantic way of slicing and dicing language that amounts to a nuanced and intelligent interpretation. Whether they just outright deny a right, or give you the phony choice of denying it yourself in preference to some sort of penalty hardly matters. We recognize that the end result is exactly the same, a citizen's liberty has been violated by government force.

So yes, who is to say they can't violate any right whatsoever? "Oh, you still have the right naturally. You can just save yourself some money by voluntarily giving it up."
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 04:09:47 PM »
I'M NOT "VOLUNTARILY" GIVING UP ANOTHER DAMN THING; I'VE GIVEN UP TOO MUCH ALREADY!!  AND I'M NOT PAYING THEM EITHER!

And, YES, I'M YELLING!  'Cause it's better for me than gritting my teeth.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 04:43:45 PM »
I will not submit to their authority.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.