Author Topic: Dr Doom - Global Economic Storm  (Read 896 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Dr Doom - Global Economic Storm
« on: July 09, 2012, 08:07:54 PM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Dr Doom - Global Economic Storm
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 09:03:41 PM »
I'm on record here multiple times saying the same thing...that is that wars have been declared and fought over much less.

That said, I prefer to look at the coming global economic catastrophe (because that is what it will be) as more of an opportunity than a disaster for the US.

With the right people in place, our country will emerge faster and stronger than any other country...probably more than quite a few other countries combined.

If we can (and I think that we will) dump the current administration and its "Chock Full O' Nuts" pack of commie symps and replace them with free market capitalists then the result should be an economic boom of unheard of proportions in the midst of an otherwise depressed world. We would lead the world out of its decline and lead by example.

So...yeah, it's going to suck for a while...as bad as things can suck...but there can be a very bright light at the end of a short tunnel if we tool ourselves up to throw off the dead weight of the last three years plus.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 09:16:49 PM »

I concur.

But to Mr. Rubini no bullets, free fall, stall, collapse and the short tunnel;
Is it going to be inflation or deflation?

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 09:28:32 PM »
Pray for inflation. Deflation is a much tougher row to hoe. That's global depression stuff.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 11:51:25 AM »
How do we reign in the appetite of the federal beast and remain free of pain?  The Devil is owed his due sooner or later, and by opting for inflation we are making the conscience decision to feeding the beast a maintenance diet, not the crash diet it deserves, thus the avoid-pain-at-all-costs people who got us into this mess in the first place still hold sway over the nation.  Meanwhile the Devil waits patiently, his day of fun merely delayed, not avoided.  Neo-Keynesians rejoice!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 01:59:48 PM »
If we can (and I think that we will) dump the current administration and its "Chock Full O' Nuts" pack of commie symps and replace them with free market capitalists .......

Do those people still exist in the public sector?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 06:59:29 AM »
If we can (and I think that we will) dump the current administration and its "Chock Full O' Nuts" pack of commie symps and replace them with free market capitalists .......

Do those people still exist in the public sector?

Good question.