Author Topic: Fed Grants - Handing Out Free Air Conditioners Too  (Read 612 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Fed Grants - Handing Out Free Air Conditioners Too
« on: July 13, 2012, 08:15:40 AM »
Free food – Free housing – Free energy assistance – Free cellphones – Free cash – Free AC’s

Your tax dollars at work…

It’s not just free cellphones.

The government is handing out free air conditioners to the disadvantaged households in Ohio.

The Chronicle reported:

Thanks to a mild winter, vouchers for up to 700 free air conditioners may be available to low- and moderate-income families through the Lorain County Community Action Agency, according to interim President and CEO Jackie Boehnlein.

“It is exciting,” said Boehnlein about HEAP — the Home Energy Assistance Program’s Summer Crisis Program — which is funded by federal taxpayer dollars.

The agency already has distributed vouchers worth $250 to 325 families, she said.

It has 25 vouchers remaining and has applied for permission to distribute 350 more vouchers, she said.

The winter was so mild that leftover money from the heating assistance program was allocated to the cooling program, she said.

The vouchers are good for a $159 LG brand air conditioner from Home Depot and assistance paying electrical bills, Boehnlein said.

For the first time, those with disconnection notices are eligible, she said.

This year, LCCAA received $671,000 in funding for assistance with electric utility bills and air conditioners, she said.

That compares with $155,000 for 2011 summer season when the agency distributed 200 of the vouchers, she said.

Applicants are eligible if their household incomes are at or below 200 percent of the 2012-13 federal poverty guidelines and if they are seniors, have a disconnection notice or a documented medical condition such as asthma or lung disease.

A family of four making up to $46,100 qualifies for the program.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Fed Grants - Handing Out Free Air Conditioners Too
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 08:27:49 AM »
Cowards.  Why not make it at or below 10,000,000,000,000% and give free sh*t to everyone...I mean if you really cared and if you really believe OPM is endless...

Looters.  Call me old fashioned, but I think they should be shot.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 08:32:40 AM »
Can you imagine how much wealthier we would ALL be, if we didn't have so many people giving away other peoples' sh*t and calling it "work," but instead did something productive themselves?

And I'm not even talking about the people they're giving the sh*t to:  just the ones giving it away like "Jackie Boehnlein" in the story here.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 05:49:16 PM »
Can you imagine how much wealthier we would ALL be, if we didn't have so many people giving away other peoples' sh*t and calling it "work," but instead did something productive themselves?

And I'm not even talking about the people they're giving the sh*t to:  just the ones giving it away like "Jackie Boehnlein" in the story here.
Agreed  ::thumbsup::

Quit subsidizing it through your taxes and it will stop. What am I saying here. Withhold the government's drugs for a year. No money = no spending. I've had enough, how about you. Going Galt.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 08:20:09 PM »
Yeah, that won't stop the spending, but it would accelerate the crash.  At this point why bother trying?

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 01:04:10 PM »
Yeah, that won't stop the spending, but it would accelerate the crash.  At this point why bother trying?
Maybe not but it will keep the money into those hands that earned it and to me, that's what's terribly important. Screw the takers. ::rockets::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 06:47:21 PM »
Maybe not but it will keep the money into those hands that earned it and to me, that's what's terribly important. Screw the takers. ::rockets::

That's fine with me.