Author Topic: Obama: ‘If You’ve Got a Business —  (Read 2307 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Obama: ‘If You’ve Got a Business —
« on: July 14, 2012, 09:44:10 PM »
You Didn’t Build That. Somebody Else Made That Happen’

“Channeling Elizabeth Warren,” .... Barack Obama said that successful Americans “didn’t get there” on their own.

The official transcript relates:

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back.  They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own.  You didn’t get there on your own.  I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart.  There are a lot of smart people out there.  It must be because I worked harder than everybody else.  Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.  [Emphasis added]

He continued:

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help.  There was a great teacher somewhere in your life.  Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive.  Somebody invested in roads and bridges.  If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that.  Somebody else made that happen.  The Internet didn’t get invented on its own.  Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet. [Emphasis added]

Watch a clip of the remarks, via C-SPAN (the clip begins with Obama’s declaration that we asked the wealthy to pay more taxes during the Clinton administration, and did better for it):

... I suppose this is the part where you [Barack Obama] remind them that when you jack up their taxes, it’s really just so you can give that money back to all the other people who actually built their business. But seriously, this is straight off the pages of Elizabeth Warren’s mind bending remarks from early this year. Those came crashing down around her ears, even in some Left leaning circles, so it’s a serious puzzler as to why Barack Obama would try to pick up that ball and run with it. Rather revealing, though.

The gall, the temerity, the arrogance ..........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Obama: ‘If You’ve Got a Business —
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 10:13:33 PM »
...the utter stupidity.

Who coaches this imbecile on how to campaign?

This could be good for losing a whole point in favorability/job approval ratings...something he can't afford.

In a few years there will be mountains of books written about O'Bongo's 2012 campaign and how screwed up it was and how important it is to never, ever run an operation like this again.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 03:31:34 AM »
It's demonstrably wrong on so many levels. But it's also telling, because it reveals the mindset of losers trying to feel better about themselves by convincing each other that accomplished people couldn't have done it without walking on everyone else's backs.

What they can't bear to hear is the fact that the truly accomplished people throughout history have been so in spite of, not because of, the teeming masses.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 08:04:55 AM »
Bring down the successful producers to make the takers feel good. Everyone gets a trophy.. It all points in the direction of atheists who cannot have anyone to thank for their successes but the benevolent government so they announce, no proclaim that the successful get that way not because of dedication to God's principles of hard work and reward but because the all seeing, powerful government had a helping hand.

I tell you all, after being part of this community for over two years, I've broadened my horizons  quite a bit and it's all led to the realization that this country's leaders are marching us al toward totalitarianism like nothing in history seen before. ::outrage::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 08:31:03 AM »
What they can't bear to hear is the fact that the truly accomplished people throughout history have been so in spite of, not because of, the teeming masses.

Brings to mind:

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck."
[blockquote]-Heinlein[/blockquote]
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 12:02:02 PM »
Reality is not optional.  Time to stop the engine of the world yet?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 10:23:51 PM »
I am pleased to see after 24 hours that this nonsense is pretty much being universally panned in all but the most liberal cesspools.

This is yet another step downward for his campaign.

One wonders just how far down he can go.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 10:37:32 PM »
I am pleased to see after 24 hours that this nonsense is pretty much being universally panned in all but the most liberal cesspools.

This is yet another step downward for his campaign.

One wonders just how far down he can go.

Far I hope.  I got the  ::popcorn:: ready and I want to enjoy the show.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 12:02:08 AM »
Rush touched on this as well, how the circularity of their reasoning reveals something else about them, their blithe assumption that everything begins with the state. It never even occurs to them that roads and bridges are built in response to a demand, a demand to facilitate economic activity. The economic activity preexists the state's efforts at facilitating it, and in fact preexists the state itself.

As to the breathtaking arrogance these people possess, it just underscores the fact that we're at a major branching point in our history. We cannot continue to coexist with them. At this point the choice is either defeating them or surrendering to them.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 04:11:49 AM »
There's nothing I can say about this stupid bastard which hasn't already been said .   ::oldman::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 07:00:08 AM »
Rush touched on this as well, how the circularity of their reasoning reveals something else about them, their blithe assumption that everything begins with the state. It never even occurs to them that roads and bridges are built in response to a demand, a demand to facilitate economic activity. The economic activity preexists the state's efforts at facilitating it, and in fact preexists the state itself.

As to the breathtaking arrogance these people possess, it just underscores the fact that we're at a major branching point in our history. We cannot continue to coexist with them. At this point the choice is either defeating them or surrendering to them.

Too many people do not see it that way, and that is the main stumbling block to effecting real movement to end all such contact with the traitors within forever.

Obama is assuming more and more dictatorial control over the populace, yet people see things as merely a political issue.  Politics is dead, it has failed utterly, there is no going back to things as they once were, it simply is impossible, there are too may statist hurdles in place to ever make that a reality no matter how much we really believe or how much we really want it.  Short of purging the GOP of all RINO's, Rovian's, moderates and sundry impure conservatives and controlling all branches of government for 40 years, there is simply no way to eliminate every single nefarious tentacle the statists have built.  I just do not believe it possible.  And overcoming the majority of American's who would refuse that kind of action and those who are oblivious to the need is an immense burden to overcome.

In the face of what we have seen just the past 3 1/2 years, if the people we half as interested in liberty as we think they should be, there wouldn't be a single democrat (especially the SCoaMF!) within 30 points in any political contest.  Politics is polarized, balkanized and impotent to overcome our ills.  It is part of the problem, not part of the solution.  I'm weary of pretending otherwise and even more tired trying to convince the ignorati out there otherwise.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 08:00:59 AM »

Too many people do not see it that way, and that is the main stumbling block to effecting real movement to end all such contact with the traitors within forever.

... overcoming the majority of American's who would refuse that kind of action and those who are oblivious to the need is an immense burden to overcome.

I came to this conclusion at least a year back. These people aren't interested in coexistence or in freedom. They are part of a Borg like collective. Right and Wrong are determined by what their leaders tell them  advances their agenda, and nothing more. They do not and CANNOT think for themselves. They are trapped in a neanderthal tribal ethic and they just know that the good of the community trumps the good of the individual, and anyone with more berries must be hoarding them from the tribe.  The very concept of private property and growing your own Berry bush eludes them as foreign and crazy. The Tribal leader takes care of his people - a government whose responsibly and scope is limited to providing a framework for free men is incomprehensible to them.  We know that the Rule of Law, property rights and Liberty are the foundation of modern civilization, and we know what happens when those pillars supporting the edifice are removed.  The majority of Americans oblivious to this fact will very shortly be made aware of it, as the government becomes ever more intrusive, and their standard of living drops like a stone. All I have to say is this is the change you voted for.  I personally have cut off all communication with Liberals - even my own nuclear family.  (except  my co-workers, as I have decided to keep my position till tax year 2014 in order to finish prep and re-establish myself in a self-sufficient way ) Liberals can not be your friend.  You disagree with them and that makes you a "hater"-  the liberal tribal word for "outsider" - and therefore you have no rights. They feel self-righteously  justified in bullying you, stealing from you and sending you to a gas chamber if need be.

I hope the mass starvation brought on by their own policies will kill  most of them 

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 08:28:06 AM »

... overcoming the majority of American's who would refuse that kind of action and those who are oblivious to the need is an immense burden to overcome.

I came to this conclusion at least a year back. These people aren't interested in coexistence or in freedom. They are part of a Borg like collective. Right and Wrong are determined by what their leaders tell them  advances their agenda, and nothing more. They do not and CANNOT think for themselves. They are trapped in a neanderthal tribal ethic and they just know that the good of the community trumps the good of the individual, and anyone with more berries must be hoarding them from the tribe.  The very concept of private property and growing your own Berry bush eludes them as foreign and crazy. The Tribal leader takes care of his people - a government whose responsibly and scope is limited to providing a framework for free men is incomprehensible to them.  We know that the Rule of Law, property rights and Liberty are the foundation of modern civilization, and we know what happens when those pillars supporting the edifice are removed.  The majority of Americans oblivious to this fact will very shortly be made aware of it, as the government becomes ever more intrusive, and their standard of living drops like a stone. All I have to say is this is the change you voted for.  I personally have cut off all communication with Liberals - even my own nuclear family.  (except  my co-workers, as I have decided to keep my position till tax year 2014 in order to finish prep and re-establish myself in a self-sufficient way ) Liberals can not be your friend.  You disagree with them and that makes you a "hater"-  the liberal tribal word for "outsider" - and therefore you have no rights. They feel self-righteously  justified in bullying you, stealing from you and sending you to a gas chamber if need be.

I hope the mass starvation brought on by their own policies will kill  most of them 
Damn fine analysis. ::thumbsup::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 08:51:50 AM »
Still, they give this piece of human scat the benefit of the doubt. But at least in the process, they touch on a valid point.

Cooperation Is What Markets Are For, Not Governments

"At this point in his presidency, the statist subtext to President Obama’s remarks is clear. But his values–rather than his conclusions–are right on [bullsh*t]. Although he overstated the case [bullsh*t], his essential point is what free market advocates have argued for years [bullsh*t]—that prosperity depends not just on individual initiative, but cooperation and exchange. Conceding these values to a president who has led the charge against these very ideals pigeonholes conservatives and libertarians into a clichéd version of individualism in which cooperation plays a secondary, rather than primary, role in markets. Cooperation and working together is not part of the market—it is the market." [right on]
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 11:41:51 AM »

Agreed.  I cut off communication with liberal friends years ago.  Liberals themselves don't even have "friends" in how we understand the word, they have allies and enemies.  Refuse them anything and a one time ally will be a new enemy.  I have no use for these locusts, they serve no purpose and provide no value to a free society that respects people, property and belief.  They are already the walking dead to me.  When they do die off it will be of no import to me.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 02:51:19 PM »

This is good.

In line with this is my total indifference to whatever the "F" leftists feeeeeeeeeel.

I'm going to get some T-shirts made up with the little guy peeing and above that the word "Hater"

Piss on 'em!

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 04:08:49 AM »
Agreed.  I cut off communication with liberal friends years ago.  Liberals themselves don't even have "friends" in how we understand the word, they have allies and enemies.  Refuse them anything and a one time ally will be a new enemy.  I have no use for these locusts, they serve no purpose and provide no value to a free society that respects people, property and belief.  They are already the walking dead to me.  When they do die off it will be of no import to me.

To give some validation to your point , Eleanor Roosevelt once said , " Franklin doesn't have friends . He has cronies . "

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 08:26:10 AM »

To give some validation to your point , Eleanor Roosevelt once said , " Franklin doesn't have friends . He has cronies . "

One of the few times I can agree with Eleanor.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 11:28:18 AM »
Heh, Mitt's selling t-shirts about this now.

https://www.mittromney.com/donate/built-it-shirt

charlesoakwood

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 10:58:26 AM »