Author Topic: Judge Delays Gitmo Hearings .....  (Read 859 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Judge Delays Gitmo Hearings .....
« on: July 17, 2012, 12:15:22 PM »
.... So Dear Terrorist Killers Can Observe Ramadan

The shariah-compliant judge in the Gitmo war crimes tribunal delayed the hearings for two weeks so that the killers could observe Ramadan.
Reuters reported, via Free Republic:

The next hearing for five Guantanamo prisoners charged with plotting the September 11 attacks has been postponed for two weeks to allow the defendants to observe the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

The chief judge in the Guantanamo war crimes tribunals, Army Colonel James Pohl, granted the delay on Monday for the alleged architect of the attacks, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and four co-defendants who could face the death penalty if convicted on charges of conspiring with al Qaeda and murdering 2,976 people in the hijacked plane attacks of 2001.

“Today, the military commission rescheduled its next hearing from August 8-12 to August 22-26 to accommodate a defense request to avoid hearings during the last 10 days of Ramadan,” said defense attorney James Connell, who represents Mohammed’s nephew, defendant Ali Abdul Aziz Ali, also known as Ammar al Baluchi.

::rockets::

::laserkill::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Judge Delays Gitmo Hearings .....
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 12:45:50 PM »
Heeding the religious (Satanic) preferences of enemy combatants is just f***ing inexplicable. George Washington attacked on Christmas for God's sake! Why must we pay tribute to the Satanic god of the mohamedans? Every action against them should rub their evil creed in their faces.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 01:48:22 PM »
IDP, I do not know.  I do not know anything anymore because everything I used to know is gone and I cannot bring myself to adapt to the new anything or everything.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 04:46:41 PM »
Col. Pohl is a stooge, an embarassment and apprarently a willing useful idiot in the destruction of this nation.  He disgusts me and I hvae zero respect for him or what fate may deal him.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Delta Force

• Likes the place
  • "You can run, but you'll just die tired!"
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 09:22:39 PM »
I would hope Col. Pohl is not doing this of his own volition, but is acting on orders from the administration.  The military overall has become way too politically correct over the past few years.  We need to return to the days of Blackjack Pershing when he knew how to treat the muzzie problem.  Bullets soaked in pig blood followed by a burial with the critters who gave their all for the bullets.  This is the exactly proper time to try these wastes of flesh.  I would bet large amounts of money they wouldn't postpone a Christian's muder trial that was being held during the week of Easter. ::gaah::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 09:30:16 PM »
The Pershing treatment on Ramadan would be fitting.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.