Author Topic: Romaine lettuce recall, fears of e-coli  (Read 1635 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Romaine lettuce recall, fears of e-coli
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 09:03:12 PM »
I've found that Romaine lettuce is a key component of keeping my weight under control and some green in my diet. I eat about three heads a week, just myself. And I don't skimp on animal flesh.

Was the lettuce humanely treated by the pickers?

I'm not sure... what does "Los trabajadores que hacen trabajos que los americanos no nos tratan cabezas de lechuga muy bien" mean?

"The workers that do the jobs that americans don't treat heads of lettuce very well"I don't speak spanish so that's the best I can do .One of use screwed the pooch it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Google translated it to be "The workers doing jobs Americans do not treat us very well lettuce heads"

Damn I had about right,still doesn't make sense.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 09:11:17 PM »
"The workers who have jobs Americans won't do treat us lettuce heads very well"

I should hasten to add: "They then go evacuate their beaner bowels in a ditch between the rows, making sure your salad is contaminated with their intestinal flora."
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 05:18:45 PM »
Translate the for our multicultural readership Glock.

ROTFLOL!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 05:19:39 PM »
"That" not "the". Damn phone.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2012, 12:09:09 PM »
"The workers who have jobs Americans won't do treat us lettuce heads very well"

I should hasten to add: "They then go evacuate their beaner bowels in a ditch between the rows, making sure your salad is contaminated with their intestinal flora."

::laughonfloor::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.