Author Topic: Ricky Jay And Throwing Playing Cards  (Read 768 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Ricky Jay And Throwing Playing Cards
« on: August 09, 2012, 10:49:38 PM »
I had no idea that "Cards As Weapons" was available free online in its entirety. I collect books and I remember seeing this on sale when I was in college. I have regretted not buying it ever since. It is one of the more scarce titles in magic literature and fetches some rather high prices for a like new copy of the original printing...a typical price for a mint condition (especially a hard cover) first edition starts around $500. The book is written in a half serious tone but it actually does illustrate how it's done. So, yeah, throwing cards at fruit is kinda silly but he is the world's best at it so that's something...

One of the interesting things about the book is that he uses a nude female to illustrate the card throwing techniques.

Ricky Jay is somewhat famous these days for appearing in various films and television productions. I especially liked his appearances in David Mamet's films like "House of Games" and "The Spanish Prisoner."

One more video on more traditional card worker stuff...

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 10:54:38 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.