Author Topic: Anyone Care To Guess What GSN's #1 Show Of All Time Is?  (Read 715 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Anyone Care To Guess What GSN's #1 Show Of All Time Is?
« on: August 27, 2012, 03:12:37 AM »

LINK

GSN's ratings prayers have been answered.

Thursday night's debut of "The American Bible Challenge" gave the cable network its highest rated program of all time.

The show "outperformed the previous record by over half a million viewers," according to the network and ranked among the top 5 cable networks in total viewers.

"The best-selling book of all time is now GSN's most viewed program of all time, which proves that consumers are yearning for fun, family- friendly entertainment," said Amy Introcaso-Davis, Executive Vice President of Programming and Development, GSN in a statement.

"The American Bible Challenge," hosted by Jeff Foxworthy, airs at 8 p.m. EST Thursday nights.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Anyone Care To Guess What GSN's #1 Show Of All Time Is?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 06:35:38 AM »
I knew this show was coming, not sure if I even get that channel, I pay bazillions each month and get crap!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 06:55:09 AM »
Just told the Mrs. last night that we ought to give that show a whirl. I liked the promo for it that I saw yesterday. It was Jeff Foxworthy saying, "You know who turned THIS into THIS (alternately holding up a bottle of water and a bottle of wine), but do you know what THIS is called?" (holding up a striped robe)

Pretty clever look at what the show is all about.

I also find it interesting that it is from the producers of "Extreme Makeover: Home Addition". I've caught a handful of episodes of that show, and the spirit of Christian charity is its overriding theme.

The American Bible Challenge Game Show on GSNTV
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 10:37:28 AM »
Since I don't have cable or satellite, I'll have to miss it. Or wait until it comes on DVD.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 11:12:25 AM »
I'm ready to pull the plug on my cable, I have to keep the internet connection, but the TV crap has got to go...monumental waste of funds.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:49:52 AM by Libertas »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 11:20:20 AM »
I have been thinking along the same lines with regard to my satellite connection. Not getting rid of it entirely...got to have NASCAR and the NFL plus there is the occasional tsunami or other world disaster that the internet just can't cover properly (yet). But I am thinking about getting rid of the premium channels because they are expensive and offer little real value.

I am wondering just how good the quality of a streaming NetFlix or Hulu connection would be as an alternative.

I offered this thread not because I think the show is great (I haven't seen it) but rather as yet another example of how the viewing public is more than a little willing to look at morally positive stuff rather than the broadcast network offerings of a homo in every household.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 11:53:35 AM »
Agreed Trap, we can start a new thread for our off-topic stuff.  This isn't the first time a morally positive show did well, Hollywood seems to put themselves above the demand of the consumer and cater to the lowest common denominator (a common thread for all libiots), you would think good ratings = good revenue and their mix would change, but it rarely does, the "good" show is the exception not the rule.
 ::)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 01:09:59 PM »
I forgot it was on. I'll try to catch it next Thursday. At least DVR it.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.