Author Topic: The World 40 Something Liberals inhabit  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
The World 40 Something Liberals inhabit
« on: August 28, 2012, 12:45:24 PM »
OMG!

If even 1/2 of its true,  these people will off themselves come Teotwawki.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: The World 40 Something Liberals inhabit
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 12:48:53 PM »
I posted a link to, and commented on, the piece in your Preference Cascade thread.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 01:32:09 PM »
I posted a link to, and commented on, the piece in your Preference Cascade thread.
Oops. missed that- sorry

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 01:37:11 PM »
Oops. missed that- sorry

Ah.  I thought I had somehow donned a Cloak of Invisibility.

No worries; it deserves its own thread, really, just for the sheer "OMG" reaction of the normal, because you and I had similar thoughts on them facing TEOTWAWKI.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 01:40:42 PM »
...My generation of moms isn’t getting shocking HPV news (we’re so old we’ve cleared it), or having anal sex with near-strangers, or smoking crack in Bushwick. But we’re masturbating excessively, cheating on good people, doing coke in newly price-inflated townhouses, and sexting compulsively—though rarely with our partners. Our children now school-aged, our marriages entering their second decade, we are avoiding the big questions—Should I quit my job? Have another child? Divorce?—by behaving like a bunch of crazy twentysomething hipsters. Call us the Regressives...

...Why do moms in my generation regress, whether by drugging, cheating, or going out too late and too often? Because everything our children thrive on—stability, routine, lack of flux, love, well-paired parents—feels like death to those entrusted with their care....

With the lack of values and selfishness on display here, the thought came to my mind that women like this - insofar as they truly exist - are unworthy of anything. They are not even worth being taken as concubines for their Leftist masters.

If I thought for a moment that this attitude reflected any reality outside the one the Leftists furiously try to convince us is the majority, I would despair, utterly.

As it is, I am ultimately very happy if Leftists truly carry this attitude with them into the coming crisis. If things crumble, I want them as weak, clueless, and defenseless as possible.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 01:44:11 PM »
...My generation of moms isn’t getting shocking HPV news (we’re so old we’ve cleared it), or having anal sex with near-strangers, or smoking crack in Bushwick. But we’re masturbating excessively, cheating on good people, doing coke in newly price-inflated townhouses, and sexting compulsively—though rarely with our partners. Our children now school-aged, our marriages entering their second decade, we are avoiding the big questions—Should I quit my job? Have another child? Divorce?—by behaving like a bunch of crazy twentysomething hipsters. Call us the Regressives...

...Why do moms in my generation regress, whether by drugging, cheating, or going out too late and too often? Because everything our children thrive on—stability, routine, lack of flux, love, well-paired parents—feels like death to those entrusted with their care....

With the lack of values and selfishness on display here, the thought came to my mind that women like this - insofar as they truly exist - are unworthy of anything. They are not even worth being taken as concubines for their Leftist masters.

If I thought for a moment that this attitude reflected any reality outside the one the Leftists furiously try to convince us is the majority, I would despair, utterly.

As it is, I am ultimately very happy if Leftists truly carry this attitude with them into the coming crisis. If things crumble, I want them as weak, clueless, and defenseless as possible.

Precisely.  And it's not just the women; what she writes about the men is just as bad in its own way.

AND .... I could have lived the rest of my life not knowing what "pink sock" meant.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 01:56:01 PM »
Non sequitur - I just heard a clip of Dennis Miller referring to Sandra FlOOk as "Moan of Arc".

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 01:58:10 PM »
Oops. missed that- sorry

Ah.  I thought I had somehow donned a Cloak of Invisibility.

No worries; it deserves its own thread, really, just for the sheer "OMG" reaction of the normal, because you and I had similar thoughts on them facing TEOTWAWKI.

I agree it needs its own thread. I remember seeing it on anchoress (traveled there from the Preference Cascade article) and finally took the link from Instapundit because "I know I have seen it at least twice now"-- apparently your post was one of the two and I didn't clue in on it- you probably also had me already thinking in Teotwawki terms ...  

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 02:04:35 PM »

I lived in New York. I suspect that this really is the majority of 40-something people there. Those with any brains realize that the city is no place to raise a child and leave. Its only those who refuse to "give up" their fabulous 20 something behavior that can't bear to leave.. being a "New Yorker" and not a Mall Shopper is a sign of their superiority. (no, they do not realize the live in an island sized mall with housing)  They are self-selected - the most irresponsible of the irresponsible, and like any group left on their own, they form their own culture and their own norms.  I sent it to a friend as well. His response:

We don't do drugs, get falling down drunk or in some cases even drink. We don't cheat on our wives, if we have one and if we're single, we're not
hitting every available piece we can get. I guess we're just not "with it", no wonder the cool kids don't  like us.
Or, maybe they don't like because we are a mirror into which they can look and see their short comings.

Book: Folks like a man of God.
Mal: No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 02:04:40 PM »
I followed the same path as well.  Interesting ...

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 05:09:31 PM »
Non sequitur - I just heard a clip of Dennis Miller referring to Sandra FlOOk as "Moan of Arc".

That was really a great segment....I have it on dvr!
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 06:01:35 PM »
I seem to find the fine folks of NYC pretty pathetic.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 06:12:39 PM »
I seem to find the fine folks of NYC pretty pathetic.

I remember as a kid watching the old Cecil B. DeMille movies with the gladiators being fed to the lions, the hedonistic orgies and Nero fiddling while Rome burned and wondering how could people get so screwed up.

Now I know...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 07:28:12 PM »
These clowns should learn a new term - zombie food.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.