Author Topic: The Eastwood speech  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
The Eastwood speech
« on: September 01, 2012, 05:15:06 PM »
All I have heard about since the other night is the Eastwood speech, how it is supposedly an embarrassment for the campaign, blah blah blah. You know what it means? They've got nothing. If that's the only angle they can attack from, then they're in total desperation mode.

I didn't hear the entire Eastwood bit, but what I did hear was pretty clever IMO. Sure he stammered at times, but how many older people don't? The cleverness of the bit indicates he's certainly not having any mental problems. Plus he's still Dirty Harry, which means he's still infinitely more badass than Mr. Mom-Jeans.

They've got nothing. They can't run on anything, and their attacks against Romney and Ryan just aren't sticking. All they've got left is the Flying Monkey brigade, crapping in their hands and slinging it at anything in the general vicinity. Headline after headline on Google News about Eastwood's speech proves it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: The Eastwood speech
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 07:07:05 PM »
And racismracismracismracism ........

Even some conservatives didn't get Eastwood's schtick; that's on them.  Some say the stammering around a bit was him channeling Jimmy Stewart and the invisible Harvey.  All I know is, and I saw it all, when he had a punch to deliver to Obongo, it came out articulate and firm.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 07:08:11 PM »
All I have heard about since the other night is the Eastwood speech, how it is supposedly an embarrassment for the campaign, blah blah blah. You know what it means? They've got nothing. If that's the only angle they can attack from, then they're in total desperation mode.

I didn't hear the entire Eastwood bit, but what I did hear was pretty clever IMO. Sure he stammered at times, but how many older people don't? The cleverness of the bit indicates he's certainly not having any mental problems. Plus he's still Dirty Harry, which means he's still infinitely more badass than Mr. Mom-Jeans.

They've got nothing. They can't run on anything, and their attacks against Romney and Ryan just aren't sticking. All they've got left is the Flying Monkey brigade, crapping in their hands and slinging it at anything in the general vicinity. Headline after headline on Google News about Eastwood's speech proves it.

They can't talk about issues because on the issues they lose. So they have to get personal.
Eastwood was great.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 09:26:57 PM »
I am just glad to see the GOP actually using the Alinsky tactics and fighting back - finally.
Nothing says "no more Mr. Nice guy"  better than Clint Eastwood.
I still thing its too little to late, but hey, maybe I am wrong. If I am I will be so happy. Yeah, laugh all you want at me buying and improving a teotwawki place - if my country and my freedoms somehow end up safe, its worth a lot of ridicule to me.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 10:02:10 PM »
I am just glad to see the GOP actually using the Alinsky tactics and fighting back - finally.
I still thing its too little to late, but hey, maybe I am wrong. If I am I will be so happy. Yeah, laugh all you want at me buying and improving a teotwawki place - if my country and my freedoms somehow end up safe, its worth a lot of ridicule to me.

Nobody's laughing at you, silly person.  Why would you think that of us?  I admire your hard work and tenacity; others have said the same.  What you've put in motion there at your teotwawki place will stay in motion with some TLC.  You're an inspiration, you and Michelleo.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 08:10:33 AM »
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 09:16:33 AM »

Nobody's laughing at you, silly person.  Why would you think that of us?  I admire your hard work and tenacity; others have said the same.  What you've put in motion there at your teotwawki place will stay in motion with some TLC.  You're an inspiration, you and Michelleo.

I didn't think anyone here was laughing at our prep, but if no one is  laughing at me  in 10 years, that means the worst will have  happened.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 06:39:35 PM »
  Anybody have it?? It's gone.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 08:01:50 PM »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 11:42:30 AM »
Eastwood talks like that anyway. He was a little slower than he used to be but he's always been like that when off scrip.

I think too some people were expecting a speech rather than a performance but he's not Charleton Heston.

I got a kick out of it.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 07:23:50 PM »
Contrast Eastwood's excellent peice of tasteful satire with this sad peice of bovine excrement!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/labor-brings-its-frustrations-to-charlotte

The hate is palpable...these people are unhinged...and they think this crap is humorous?  These are some sick and desperate low-life's we are witnessing here.

Talk about smelling sulfur...Dem's reek of it.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 09:44:20 AM »
Clint Eastwood is interviewed by the Carmel Pine Cone and it explains a lot. Read the entire thing.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 10:04:17 AM »
“President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,” Eastwood told The Pine Cone this week. “Romney and Ryan would do a much better job running the country, and that’s what everybody needs to know. I may have irritated a lot of the lefties, but I was aiming for people in the middle.”

...Eastwood is a liberal on social issues such as gay marriage and abortion, but he has strongly conservative opinions about the colossal national debt that has accumulated while Obama has been president, his failure to get unemployment below 6 percent, and a host of other economic issues.

“Even people on the liberal side are starting to worry about going off a fiscal cliff,” Eastwood said.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 10:14:52 AM »
Clint Eastwood is interviewed by the Carmel Pine Cone and it explains a lot. Read the entire thing.

Interesting interview.

Also interesting was the reaction to his presentation (I can't call it a speech). The left was horrified at an icon criticizing the ØbaMessiah so they dinged him on style-points. The funny thing is that his extemporaneous talk wasn't any more disjointed, rambling, or stilted than Øbozo's highly scripted ones.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 11:29:33 AM »
Funny how a simple last minute idea can take a nation by storm and result in so much discussion and people copying his idea.  I'd say the inspiration worked just fine.   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 01:22:40 PM »
I see.  So, even the pundits on our side were wrong about the "how" and "who Clint was channeling" and it doesn't matter.  The man had a plan, if not a script, and it was the talk of the town.  Doddering, my ass.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 07:37:22 PM »

Even the Queen of England wants to give Obama a good shaking?
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 10:38:02 PM »
President Romney's first act of foreign policy should be to phone the British Prime Minister and ask that the bust of Churchill be sent back for display in the White House.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 04:30:39 PM »
President Romney's first act of foreign policy should be to phone the British Prime Minister and ask that the bust of Churchill be sent back for display in the White House.

::thumbsup::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 05:34:00 PM »
That very thought occurred to me back when the left was trying to drum up the meme that Romney's visit to Great Britain was gaffe-tastic. IMO Romney could have easily killed it in its tracks by making that simple, honest, and noble gesture.