Author Topic: Timothy Cardinal Dolan ends Abortion-Palooza with a pro-life prayer  (Read 1865 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
DNC Closes With ‘Pro-Life’ Prayer

“Thus do we praise you for the gift of life. Grant us to defend it. Life, without which no other rights are secure. We ask your benediction on those waiting to be born, that they may be welcomed and protected,” Dolan prayed, just after Obama's speech.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Timothy Cardinal Dolan ends Abortion-Palooza with a pro-life prayer
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 11:34:00 AM »
Oh, that's why the Dem's booed...   ::)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 12:19:20 PM »
I have no basis of proof for my opinion, but I believe the cardinal admonished the dems a wee bit. I mean, he is only human.....and the dems were against god before they were for him.......and they did turn him down first.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 12:40:57 PM »
I have no basis of proof for my opinion, but I believe the cardinal admonished the dems a wee bit. I mean, he is only human.....and the dems were against god before they were for him.......and they did turn him down first.

He also prayed for an affirmation of 1st Amendment religious freedom. I would say it is unquestionable that he intended to admonish. It was direct, even if mild.

God willing, Catholics will come to understand that their love affair with the Democrat Party has been a Satanic tryst that they'd best eradicate now.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 01:56:45 PM »

He also prayed for an affirmation of 1st Amendment religious freedom. I would say it is unquestionable that he intended to admonish. It was direct, even if mild.

God willing, Catholics will come to understand that their love affair with the Democrat Party has been a Satanic tryst that they'd best eradicate now.

I'd been happier if he would have said your platform sucks and ur all going to hell......but I'm not sure hell wants them either.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 02:03:51 PM »
Not much room for guessing (I am not a Catholic, but I see no issue with his prayer there. )<Cardinal Timothy Dolan, the archbishop of New York and a leading Catholic-American voice opposing abortion and President Obama’s health care reform law, inserted what some saw as an anti-abortion remark into his benediction Thursday night at the Democratic National Convention.
“Thus do we praise you for the gift of life. Grant us to defend it. Life, without which no other rights are secure. We ask your benediction on those waiting to be born, that they may be welcomed and protected,” Dolan said in prayer delivered immediately following President Obama’s address accepting his party’s nomination.
Dolan offered a similar benediction at the Republican National Convention last week in Tampa, Fla. Following his prayer there, he gave an interview saying he was non-partisan and would be glad to offer a benediction at the DNC this week in Charlotte, N.C. Democrats then extended an invitation.
In Tampa, he called life an “inalienable gift” and prayed for God’s “benediction upon those yet to be born and on those who are about to see you at the end of this life.”
The Catholic Church has long opposed Democratic Party platform planks that promote keeping abortion legal. More recently, the church assailed the administration over an Affordable Care Act provision that would require religious institutions to provide employees with contraception.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 02:21:35 PM »

I'd been happier if he would have said your platform sucks and ur all going to hell......but I'm not sure hell wants them either.

Ach!  Such a militant!   ;)

I'd have like to hear him say their platform sux, but the rest is above his pay-grade, sooo ......
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 02:51:04 PM »
Transcript mine, since I couldn't find it online anywhere. I did my best.

Remarkable, that this was allowed to happen at the DNC. Almost the entire prayer - the closing remarks for the convention - was a complete repudiation of everything that came before it...

Almighty God; Father of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob; revealed to us so powerfully in your son Jesus Christ; we thank you for showering your blessings upon this - our beloved nation. Bless all here present, and all across this great land who work hard for the day when a greater portion of your justice and a more ample measure of your care for the poor and suffering may prevail in these United States. Help us to see that a society's greatness is found above all, in the respect it shows for the weakest and the neediest among us. We beseech you Almighty God to shed your grace on this noble experiment in ordered liberty, which began with the confident assertion of unalienable rights bestowed upon us by You: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Thus do we praise you for the gift of life. Grant us the courage to defend it: Life, without which no other rights are secured. We ask your benediction on those waiting to be born, that they may be welcomed and protected. Strengthen our sick and our elders, waiting to see your face at life's end; that they may be accompanied by true compassion, and cherished with the dignity due those who are infirm and fragile. We praise and thank You for the gift of Liberty. May this Land of the Free never lack those brave enough to defend our basic freedoms. Renew in all our people a profound respect for religious liberty; the first, most cherished freedom bequeathed upon us at our founding. May our liberty be in harmony with truth; freedom ordered in goodness and justice. Help us live our freedom in faith, hope, and love. Make us ever-grateful for those who for over two centuries have given their lives in freedom's defense. We commend their noble souls to your eternal care, as even now we beg the protection of your mighty arm upon our men and women and uniform.

We praise and thank You for granting us the life and the liberty by which we can pursue happiness. SHow us anew that happiness is found only in respecting the laws of nature and of natures God.

Empower us with Your grace, so that we might resist the temptation to replace the moral law with idols of our own making, or to remake those institutions you've given us for the nurturing of life and community.

May we welcome those who yearn to breathe free, and to pursue happiness in this land of freedom, adding their gifts to those whose families have lived here for centuries.

We praise and thank you for the American genius of government, of the people, by the people, and for the people. Oh God of wisdom, justice, and might, we ask your guidance for those who govern us: President Barack Obama; Vice-President Joseph Biden; Congress; the Supreme Court; and all those, including Governor Mitt Romney and Congressman Paul Ryan who seek to serve the common good by seeking public office. Make them all worthy to serve you by serving our country, and help them remember that the only just government is a government that serves its citizens rather than itself.

With Your grace, may all Americans choose wisely as we consider the future course of public policy.

And finally Lord, we beseech Your benediction on all of us who depart from here this evening, and on all those in every land who yearn to conduct their lives in freedom and justice. We beg You to remember as we pledge to remember those who are not free; those who suffer for freedom's cause; those who are poor, out of work, needy, sick, or alone; those who are persecuted for their religious convictions; those still ravaged by war.

And most of all, God almighty we thank you for the great gift of our beloved country. For we are indeed one nation under God, and in God we trust. So dear God, bless America - You who live and reign forever and ever.

Amen.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 03:19:50 PM »
HOlee MOley! I'm surprised the whole place didn't burst into flame!  Or anybody that remained.  Not that there were many; they left and Dolan offered his prayer to looootttsa empty chairs.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 03:40:23 PM »
HOlee MOley! I'm surprised the whole place didn't burst into flame!  Or anybody that remained.  Not that there were many; they left and Dolan offered his prayer to looootttsa empty chairs.

I didn't think the place was empty. Like trap stated, they blocked the doors until the prayer was complete.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 03:51:05 PM »

I didn't think the place was empty. Like trap stated, they blocked the doors until the prayer was complete.

I missed where trap stated such, but I was mistaken in any case; it was Rabbi Wolpe's prayer on Wednesday night that the attendees walked out on.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 04:30:29 PM »
...it was Rabbi Wolpe's prayer on Wednesday night that the attendees walked out on.

The Anti-Semitism of the Left is all but openly and officially proclaimed. It's hard to imagine why any self-respecting Jewish person could justify a vote for a Democrat.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 06:21:49 PM »
...it was Rabbi Wolpe's prayer on Wednesday night that the attendees walked out on.

The Anti-Semitism of the Left is all but openly and officially proclaimed. It's hard to imagine why any self-respecting Jewish person could justify a vote for a Democrat.

It's too bad their anti-Semitism got the better of them.  The Rabbi's "prayer" was right up their and the Christian Left's alley:

"Clint Eastwood talked to an empty chair, while Wolpe talked to ten thousand empty chairs.
Advertisement

Rabbi Wolpe proposed gratitude that “our nation is founded on the highest principles of freedom and resourcefulness and creativity and ever-renewed strength, and we understand that those worthy ideals stand alongside the commitment to compassion, to goodness, our sacred covenant to care for those those are bereaved and bereft, who are frightened and hungry and bewildered and seek shelter from the cold.” He talked of “teachers with strength of soul and wild, wonderful visions.” And he added:

Ours is a holy charge.  A single moment, a touch, a glance, a word can change a life. Our children look to us with aspirational eyes, with the hope that their world will be kinder, sweeter, smarter than the world we have known. Each of these changes touches all of us, for you have taught us that we must count on one another, that our country is strong through community, and that the Children of Israel on the way to that sanctified and cherished land, and ultimate to that golden and capital city of Jerusalem, that these children of Israel did not walk through this wilderness alone.

The wild and wonderful rabbi from Los Angeles put religion squarely in the middle of the helping professions, somewhere between social work and psychotherapy, and Israel into a generic communitarian mix. That raises a question: if rabbis only echo what the politicians say, why not have them speak after everyone else is gone? I hope I’m not the only one who found Wolpe confusing. In 2001 he set off a storm with a Passover sermon that insisted that the Exodus never happened (because archaeologists can’t prove it happened). If he doesn’t think it happened, why bring it up now?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 10:56:19 PM »
They probably thought he was Father Guido Sarducci doing a satirical stand-up bit.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 06:49:26 AM »
Cardinal Dolan is a great guy. Watch any interview with him; he may wear the attire of a Cardinal but he's about the most down-to-earth guy you'll ever hear in tv. And the prayer was great!! I knew I liked that guy the first time I ever heard him on tv.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 10:24:01 AM »
They probably thought he was Father Guido Sarducci doing a satirical stand-up bit.

I hadn't really thought of it in those terms but I bet that's exactly it. The left has been taught and inculcated with a deep disrespect. They do not respect or revere anything - even themselves. They are willing to go straight to idol worship however.

They are truly lost souls that should be put out of our misery.