Author Topic: Police arrested a Texas mom for allowing her children to play outside  (Read 2328 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
mom arrested for letting kids play outside

comments are hilarious
Wow...

My parents must have been the most negligent bastards ever...we used to go MILES from the house...totally unsupervised!  And do things like build and break dams in the creek, climb trees, hunt for frogs, and play elaborate games of water tag, snowball war and hide and seek that could last hours until we got yelled at to come home for dinner.  Man...those were good times...if only I'd realized how evil my parents were for not keeping me in their sights every minute of every day!

and
WE EVEN DRANK FROM THE GARDEN HOSE EVERY DAY ALL SUMMER LONG! 

I don't have to protect my kids from playing outside or riding their bikes without a helmet or jumping out of trees.  I have to keep them safe from the idiots.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Police arrested a Texas mom for allowing her children to play outside
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 12:05:29 PM »
Before I moved away I'd leave a dump truck load of manure in the neighbor's front yard .

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 12:10:14 PM »
mom arrested for letting kids play outside

comments are hilarious
Wow...

My parents must have been the most negligent bastards ever...we used to go MILES from the house...totally unsupervised!  And do things like build and break dams in the creek, climb trees, hunt for frogs, and play elaborate games of water tag, snowball war and hide and seek that could last hours until we got yelled at to come home for dinner.  Man...those were good times...if only I'd realized how evil my parents were for not keeping me in their sights every minute of every day!

and
WE EVEN DRANK FROM THE GARDEN HOSE EVERY DAY ALL SUMMER LONG! 

I don't have to protect my kids from playing outside or riding their bikes without a helmet or jumping out of trees.  I have to keep them safe from the idiots.

What gaytastic part of Texas is this?!   ::exitstageleft::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 12:12:17 PM »
Before I moved away I'd leave a dump truck load of manure in the neighbor's front yard .

I hope the nosy neighbor is smack in the middle of that pile!

This actually could go in the "doomed" thread too. 

::)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 04:00:26 PM »

Yeah, I think the police would be back to arrest me a second time, this time for kidnapping, torture and murder. And I second adding this to "doomed!" thread.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 04:27:32 PM »

yes, it could go under several threads...but i think the education system in this country has done a wonderful job in making people believe parents
can't take care of their own children
Yeah, I think the police would be back to arrest me a second time, this time for kidnapping, torture and murder. And I second adding this to "doomed!" thread.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 08:55:09 AM »
I read on another source that the neighbor is another target of this lawsuit, as well the hag should be.

And the kids?  9 and 6.  By that time I was walking to school a mile away.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 11:04:53 AM »
I read on another source that the neighbor is another target of this lawsuit, as well the hag should be.

And the kids?  9 and 6.  By that time I was walking to school a mile away.

I walked to school when I was 6 and it took about 20 minutes without dawdling.  We lived in several neighborhoods when I was a kid and I walked to school until junior high when busing in the south took over.

We used to go out for hours--we were all over the place.  The only thing my mom said was don't get in a stranger's car. 

When I first started homeschooling I kept my kids inside during school hours so as not to alert any nosy neighbors who didn't know us. 

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 04:09:38 PM »
  I let the kids play outside all day every day. When the got older the went off into the woods at the end of the street and build forts and play shooting games all they wanted. When they came in the barely made it though dinner and went to bed after a bath(boy did they need one) and slept like logs.

I'm not sure wher all the fear has come from but I know that where we lived the kids were out being kids and allowed to have a childhood.I don't regret a second of the choices we made to let them run wild all day.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 12:38:57 PM »
I was free-range raised, it rocked!

And we knew how to deal with nosy neighbors.   ::evil::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 08:08:36 AM »
  I let the kids play outside all day every day. When the got older the went off into the woods at the end of the street and build forts and play shooting games all they wanted. When they came in the barely made it though dinner and went to bed after a bath(boy did they need one) and slept like logs.

I'm not sure wher all the fear has come from but I know that where we lived the kids were out being kids and allowed to have a childhood.I don't regret a second of the choices we made to let them run wild all day.

It started with Johnny Gosch and Jacob Wetterling

We're seeing the results taking away childhood from children and it's not pretty.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 08:09:05 AM »
I was free-range raised, it rocked!

And we knew how to deal with nosy neighbors.   ::evil::

We certainly did.   ::evilbat::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 08:38:28 AM »

It started with Johnny Gosch and Jacob Wetterling

We're seeing the results taking away childhood from children and it's not pretty.

The Gosch case, man, and the crap the mother had to endure...   ::gaah::

Everybody in MN knows the Wetterling case, ...  

I truly hate these stories, perps should be drawn & quartered...NAMBLA members rousted and interrogated...

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 09:13:23 AM »
I was living in Des Moines when Johnny Gosch disappeared.  I've never forgotten it.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 12:40:41 PM »
Muscatine, here, back then.

As a young Republican who had newspaper routes from that age, it doubly stuck home.  It was then that parents started penning up their rug rats, and newspapers started only hiring adults to deliver their papers.