Author Topic: This administration and its president acting in the best interest of our country  (Read 666 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
How's about some current events dot-connecting:

Obama to address UN

Obama to address Muslim unrest

National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor previews the president's speech to the UN General Assembly next week:

"UNGA always provides an opportunity for the President to put the international situation in context, and to put forward a vision of US leadership. I would certainly expect the President to address the recent unrest in the Muslim world, and the broader context of the democratic transitions in the Arab World."

... "As he has in recent days, the President will make it clear that we reject the views in this video, while also underscoring that violence is never acceptable – a message that has been echoed by the leaders he has personally reached out to in places like Libya, Egypt and Yemen. He will also send a clear message that the United States will never retreat from the world; will bring justice to those who harm Americans; and will stand strongly for our democratic values abroad.

With respect to Iran, we have consistently framed that issue around Iran’s profound failure to meet its international obligations with respect to its nuclear program. Therefore, UNGA presents another opportunity for him to underscore that Iran must not be allowed to develop a nuclear weapon.

Any time the President goes to the UNGA, he has an opportunity to set the agenda on the world stage as the leader of the world’s most powerful nation. He does so with the credibility of strengthening our alliances, ending the war in Iraq, devastating al Qaeda, and rallying international action on challenges like securing nuclear materials and stopping the spread of nuclear weapons. It’s clear that the United States is in a stronger position than we were when he took office."

Got that? We are in a stronger position than when Obongo took office, said by our National Security Council spokeweasel.

Somebody should have told Egypt's president Morsi, Mursi, whatthehellever his name is:

On the eve of his first trip to the United States as Egypt’s new Islamist president, Mohamed Morsi said the United States needed to fundamentally change its approach to the Arab world, showing greater respect for its values and helping build a Palestinian state, if it hoped to overcome decades of pent-up anger.

A former leader of the Muslim Brotherhood and Egypt’s first democratically elected president, Mr. Morsi sought in a 90-minute interview with The New York Times to introduce himself to the American public and to revise the terms of relations between his country and the United States after the ouster of Hosni Mubarak, an autocratic but reliable ally.

He said it was up to Washington to repair relations with the Arab world and to revitalize the alliance with Egypt, long a cornerstone of regional stability.

If Washington is asking Egypt to honor its treaty with Israel, he said, Washington should also live up to its own Camp David commitment to Palestinian self-rule. He said the United States must respect the Arab world’s history and culture, even when that conflicts with Western values. (emphasis added).

And, by the bye, the State Department has issued 140 visas for Ahmadinnerjacket and his entourage for that same UN meeting:

That would be 140 visas allowing entry for officials and affiliates of a regime under UN and U.S. sanctions — a nuclear-bomb-seeking regime implicated just last fall in an alleged terror plot to murder the Saudi ambassador to the U.S. by bombing a restaurant in Washington, D.C.; a regime whose terror-based rule, networks and ambitions violate the UN’s own charter and threaten America and America’s allies.

Who are these people?  We're not permitted that information; State does not reveal these lists.

Then there's this:

55 detainees to be released and transferred from Gitmo; mostly Yemenis

That's about a third of Gitmo's population, and keep in mind that a former detainee was at the forefront in the attack in Libya and Stevens' assassination.

But, never fear .... our illustrious

Senate overwhelmingly rejected foreign aid cuts for Egypt, Libya and Pakistan, with help from some Republicans.

Rand Paul wants to hold up Pakistan's "aid" until they release the doctor who helped The Mighty Obongo find bin Laden.  Not to be, sorry doc.

And lastly, there is the tale of CNN concealing for a week the use of information from Chris Stevens' personal journal, otherwise known as a "source familiar with Ambassador Stevens' thinking", despite the express wishes of his family.

Nice, huh?

H/T BadBlue
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
otherwise known as a "source familiar with Ambassador Stevens' thinking"

If we had a half-thinking public, that sort of nonsense would be absolutely impermissible in a supposed news publication. It's in virtually every political article you read now. And does anyone really think it ever means anything other than "a made up figure into whose mouth we can insert the words we want"?

I have not done an extensive search on this, but thus far I have not been able to find any instances of old school reporting that used shady innuendo and then granted it the status of high credibility. This sort of thing is another phenomenon of the Left's politicization of everything, and is thus relatively recent. It's to the point that the Majority Leader of the US Senate gets in front of a microphone and accuses the Republican presidential candidate of being a tax cheat, citing "someone who would know".

I almost think this use of the "imaginary corroborator" qualifies for inclusion in Weisshaupt's "signs of the end" list. It speaks not only to the disappearance of ethics, but also to the disappearance of critical thought.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Can't stand it anymore...

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero

Sure you can, open your mouth and eat your peas. You're an insignificant peon like the rest of us and until we cross that line of no return(discharging your firearm in the direction of the traitors) you, I and the rest will have to take it.

Do you dream of the day when we can make war upon these traitors and finally wipe them out? I know I daydream of this scenario regularly hence the expression "Dare to dream" ::guillotine::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log

Sure you can, open your mouth and eat your peas. You're an insignificant peon like the rest of us and until we cross that line of no return(discharging your firearm in the direction of the traitors) you, I and the rest will have to take it.

Do you dream of the day when we can make war upon these traitors and finally wipe them out? I know I daydream of this scenario regularly hence the expression "Dare to dream" ::guillotine::

I duzzn't has to like the waiting.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!

I duzzn't has to like the waiting.

Waiting is futile.  There is zero leadership being exhibited from our side, nobody is doing what is right and necessary...because they are cowards.  Too affraid to take the FBP on, too affraid to take the MFM on, affraid of everything but the continued destruction of the nation and everything it was founded upon.  The time for action is quickly passing and soon to be gone, events will take the lead and all will be caught in its inescapable wake.  The waiters will doom us all.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Senate overwhelmingly rejected foreign aid cuts for Egypt, Libya and Pakistan, with help from some most Republicans.

Fixed

::guillotine::

I guess that's the smiley for "primary them," right?   ::evil::