Author Topic: Unions target movie "Won't Back Down"  (Read 1161 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Unions target movie "Won't Back Down"
« on: September 26, 2012, 09:41:04 AM »
Teachers unions and their allies are none too happy about "Won't Back Down."

The film, opening Friday, concerns a single mother (Maggie Gyllenhaal) and a teacher (Viola Davis) who team up to take control of a crumbling public school failing local children.

The film's director and leads all describe themselves as "pro-union." The movie's love interest (played by handsome young star Oscar Isaac) is a major union booster who frequently speaks up on behalf of unions during the film. And while the unions are the "heavy" in the feature they certainly aren't castigated the way, say, big business routinely is in films.

These people are so insulated and stupid.  When I heard the premise of this movie weeks ago I could've predicted the reaction.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Unions target movie "Won't Back Down"
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 10:43:51 AM »
HOW DARE the film industry portray women taking charge on behalf of children against a failure of the status quo! The audacity!

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 10:56:30 AM »
HOW DARE the film industry portray women taking charge on behalf of children against a failure of the status quo! The audacity!

The unions understand that they're not really for the children although they've convinced many that they are.  Which I think is why these lefty actors had no idea that the unions would react this way.  They really think the unions are for the kids.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 11:34:37 AM »

The unions understand that they're not really for the children although they've convinced many that they are.  Which I think is why these lefty actors had no idea that the unions would react this way.  They really think the unions are for the kids.

The kids are a means to enrich the unions, period.  Those thinking differently are fools or liars.  And the unions are but one cog in the Democrat-Media Complex designed to perpetuate the raping of taxpayers until it all collapses because there are no more taxpayers...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.