Author Topic: National Life Chain  (Read 1555 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
National Life Chain
« on: October 02, 2012, 01:38:43 PM »
I've never done this before but I am this year.

What Is LIFE CHAIN?

Annually, on the first Sunday in October, LIFE CHAIN invites the churches in each city and town across North America to stand on a designated local sidewalk and pray for 90 minutes, while holding one of the following approved pro-life sign messages:

ABORTION KILLS CHILDREN
JESUS FORGIVES AND HEALS
ADOPTION: THE LOVING OPTION
LORD, FORGIVE US AND OUR NATION
ABORTION HURTS WOMEN
PRAY TO END ABORTION
LIFE—THE FIRST INALIENABLE RIGHT
PREGNANT? Need Help? 800395HELP

In 2011, over 1500 cities and towns held Life Chains (in over 1700 locations), and each Chain is posted at LifeChain.net. We are now focusing on National Life Chain Sunday 2012—to be held October 7, Lord willing, from 2:00 to 3:30 pm (or the time specified at LifeChain.net by the local Life Chain Committee) in each time zone across the U.S. and Canada.
 <snip>
During the Life Chain hour, idle chatter, frivolity, and both verbal and physical responses to motorists are strongly discouraged. LIFE CHAIN is a time for prayerful self-analysis, repentance, and serious commitment to helping end abortion in our nation.

Accordingly, LIFE CHAIN is not chiefly a demonstration, and its witness is not intended for the viewing public only. Instead, its first goal is to minister to its own participants—to those who call Christ their Lord and hold pro-life messages that declare abortion a grave evil that defames the name and holiness of God (Leviticus 18:21). Indeed the Church that Christ founded has drifted into cold indifference toward the sacredness of human life, and the result has been the mindless surgical killing and mutilation of over 45 million preborn Americans, plus untold millions who have fallen victim to abortive chemicals and medical neglect.

It is purposeful to note that LIFE CHAIN is church oriented and pastor focused and that the key to a successful Chain is for local pastors to educate their congregations about abortion and then lead them to the sidewalk where their Chain is to be held. Without firm pastoral support, a Life Chain will not fulfill its potential for saving lives and changing hearts.

As far as I know my church isn't participating so I'm joining another that is.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: National Life Chain
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 06:34:05 PM »
Not an event I've seen in my area, I checked our Church site, nothing listed.

We do have a prayer for our nation and prayer for election day events scheduled.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 07:08:10 PM »
I ride past an abortion "clinic" on the way home from work most days. For the past two weeks there has been a continual presence of protesters standing on the sidewalk holding up signs. Sometimes it is just a single individual, sometimes as many as 20 or so people.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 07:20:31 PM »
They got a 100' rule or something there?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 11:08:47 PM »
I'm not sure what the laws are about that. The clinic itself is entirely screened by a tall privacy fence, so they couldn't get any closer to the building regardless.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 07:12:37 AM »
Hope they got pictures of the so-called "doc's" on posters labeled "wanted for several murders".

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 05:43:48 PM »
My kids and I went. Probably about 30 people there. I kind of got the impression everyone there knew each other but that was ok.  We did our thing.  I held a sign that said abortion kills children.  Who knows maybe we gave somebody the opportunity to rethink their views.  Anyway, we had a few flip us off or make a point of booing or say " F you " but overall we got a lot of positive signals.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 09:49:28 AM »

Good for you.
I remember the first time I prayed outside an abortion clinic. I had talked about abortion for years, but had never actually done anything. It was well worth it.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 11:05:28 AM »

Good for you.
I remember the first time I prayed outside an abortion clinic. I had talked about abortion for years, but had never actually done anything. It was well worth it.

My daughter said to me later I don't know why I've never done this before. I felt the same way. 

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 03:57:25 PM »
Went this afternoon.  Thought I'd missed it but then remembered it's first Sunday in October. Didn't want to go really because I'm finally feeling better after 2 weeks of not feeling well and it's cold and I just wanted to stay home.  But I went. And of course, I'm glad I did.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 08:53:16 PM »
Good for you!

::hat-tip::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 12:18:52 AM »
More people this year.  Not tons more but more.  My husband was worried. He thought we were making ourselves a target.

I suggested that just leaving your house is making yourself a target.  Then I added that you don't even have to leave your house to be a target any more.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 07:09:49 AM »
Yeah, it's a different world.  I expect being a fella the natural instinct is to protect the family, sometimes ya have to do that out there, can't stop doing what you believe in, that just makes it easier for the other side to be a bully.

Offline Magnum

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 06:56:29 PM »
More people this year.  Not tons more but more.  My husband was worried. He thought we were making ourselves a target.

I suggested that just leaving your house is making yourself a target.  Then I added that you don't even have to leave your house to be a target any more.

Good for you and your husband for going. God Bless You!

It is hard to do these things there are so many other things you would rather do. I know how I felt when I went to the state capitol this spring to show support for Traditional Marriage. I got off work, was dog tired but went. I met many great people, and some awesome Pastors in our area, enough so that it still gives me hope for our Country. I was glad I went.

You are dead on about being targets. No use worrying.  One of my relatives gets concerned when I wear my "Support for Israel" t-shirts and my necklace with the Star of David with a Cross out in public. I use it as a witness tool and gives me the opportunity to talk to them about Jesus.

God is still on the Throne, and you will be blessed for protecting the innocent.

Again GOD BLESS YOU! 
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 10:30:23 PM »
Time to stop hiding our beliefs.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 08:53:56 PM »
We get good turnout every year for our local one.   It goes along one street in three towns,  Highland and Munster Indiana and Lansing Illinois along Ridge Rd. 

Most people are positive,  though one year the woman who runs the local Planned Parenthood office gave me the finger as she drove by.  Classy huh..........    I bet she didn't realize that I recognized her from the newspaper.   Drove a red car too,  I don't know if it was ironic to her or not.    At least we get under her skin.   

Most men you talk with are floored when you tell them they have NO parental rights to their unborn children.  None whatsoever.